shape
carat
color
clarity

Spinel or Not?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JanettaRose

Rough_Rock
I have had for awhile a Designer sterling silver necklace with white stones in it. I thought they where diamonds, the stones are so pretty and cut nicely as if they where diamonds. I took it to my Jewelr (30 years exp.) to have him test the stones. His first coment was they look like spinel (which I thought he was going to say CZ). He tested the stones and of course they are not diamonds. I thought the necklace was designed by Ola Gorie, because it was in a Ola Gorie box. In communicating with the staff at Ola Gorie, we discoved this was not designed by Ola Gorie. This necklace is very high end and well made (designer tag welded on necklace). So I was wondering if you could tell me if 1. You might know who the designer is and 2. Even though my jewelr said White Spinel, could it be possible? There are about 20 round cut stones @ .04 each. I am going to attempt to post a photo. Please if you can help, HELP! This necklace had gotten me so curious!

Your assistance is so greatly appreciated!!!
36.gif

SpinelorNot.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Colorless spinel does exist, but it is undeterminable from your photograph. They could be colorless sapphires or a myriad of other colorless stones (some can be synthetic as well).

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m afraid I am not familiar with the design. It could be white sapphire, topaz or practically anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results