shape
carat
color
clarity

Spinel cabs

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wow!

Have you guys seen the red/pink Mahenge spinel cabs that multicolour is offering? Absolutely stunning!

b_zsp144ac.jpg

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
And another lovely example (4.8 cts), priced accordingly:

m_zsp144ab.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
More temptation! Must not look....
12.gif

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
God! Amazing, almost surreal. Are they NATURAL?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I looked at those, but the GIA gemset does not appear to match the color on the screen, and some have some nasty inclusions. I worry they won''t be as vivid in person.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/24/2010 12:49:23 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
I looked at those, but the GIA gemset does not appear to match the color on the screen, and some have some nasty inclusions. I worry they won''t be as vivid in person.
How does one get GIA gemset? Is it the same as Chrono was referring to in my posting about sapphire?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/24/2010 1:00:53 PM
Author: crasru
How does one get GIA gemset? Is it the same as Chrono was referring to in my posting about sapphire?
Correct. If you click on the description of the colour, a small pop up will show the GIA colour gemset for that particular stone.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In my experience and others I''ve asked, you definitely get what you pay for from MC.com. If there were bargains to be had, that was a while ago, but I believe no longer. If those cabs are cheap, there''s probably a good reason. MC.com used to be known for bargains, but after returning more than what I kept, about 90% of what I purchased, finding they don''t match up to the GIA gemset at all, or the photo, I found that you really get what you pay for with them. Others have noted that as well to me.

1001smiles

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I had inquired about those cabs some time ago and was also concerned about inclusions. So I asked them to take a top-down photo that shows inclusions (I forget which one I asked about). Anyways, here''s the photo they sent and I decided to pass because I thought the inclusions would bother me...

zsp143ab.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the new photo. It looks less vivid in this new photo, and the inclusion is pretty bad, as I had guessed. I don't think many jewelers would be comfortable setting that.

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/24/2010 1:07:16 PM
In my experience and others I''ve asked, you definitely get what you pay for from MC.com. If there were bargains to be had, that was a while ago, but I believe no longer. If those cabs are cheap, there''s probably a good reason. MC.com used to be known for bargains, but after returning more than what I kept, about 90% of what I purchased, finding they don''t match up to the GIA gemset at all, or the photo, I found that you really get what you pay for with them. Others have noted that as well to me.
I think you can still get "bargains" as I''ve seen and purchased stones that would have cost me quite a bit more if I bought them from anyone here in the US of A. It requires quite a bit of hunting though. I guess that term is quite relative.

As far as the GIA gemset goes, I think I understand how it basically works but it confuses me when I see two totally different looking stones with the same gemset description...and I have seen that from multicolour.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Interesting. I''m a big bargain hunter but then the thought that "you get what you pay for" keeps running through my mind too! Keeps me from buying stuff, which is good I guess.

Cool color on the Cabs though.
21.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/24/2010 5:02:23 PM
Author: brandy_z28

Date: 2/24/2010 1:07:16 PM
I think you can still get ''bargains'' as I''ve seen and purchased stones that would have cost me quite a bit more if I bought them from anyone here in the US of A. It requires quite a bit of hunting though. I guess that term is quite relative.

As far as the GIA gemset goes, I think I understand how it basically works but it confuses me when I see two totally different looking stones with the same gemset description...and I have seen that from multicolour.
Compared to some retailers in the States, he is well priced, but I still think you probably paid a fair price for your gems thorugh MC.com. I went through all his Mahenges, and based on the GIA gemset, and the inclusions, color, I think his prices are fair, and some of the higher end ones are very expensive, but no bargains. There were many bargains to be had back in the day on MC.com though. I am sorry I didn''t purchase then.
7.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results