shape
carat
color
clarity

spider/cob webs all over

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/23/2009 8:12:43 PM
Author: VegasAngel

Date: 9/23/2009 5:30:45 PM
Author: D&T

Date: 9/22/2009 12:00:25 PM

Date: 9/22/2009 11:10:34 AM
Author: Loves Vintage

Date: 9/22/2009 10:37:06 AM
We have the same problem & it's the grossest thing ever. It doesn't matter how clean the house is we have lots of spiders here, always have. Mostly we have wolf/brown spiders which are big but lately I have been seeing a lot of black widows in the house which I have never seen inside before. It's to the point that if this house doesn't sell by the end of the year I'm moving out & my husband can stay, I've had enough. A few weeks ago there was a small lizard in the house which either my cat brought or it got in because my daughter left the doors open anyway I told my husband to leave it to eat the spiders, ha (I let it out). We spray often outside but only once a year inside. With spiders I don't think they are as easy to kill because they don't clean themselves like a roach.
O.M.G. I just googled wolf spider.
6.gif
32.gif
Ha, yeah they are nasty looking.
I just killed one on our granite sink (bathroom) with babies on its back!!! gross!!!
14.gif
the babies flew off, and I didn't know what to do but sprayed 409 all over and then had to wipe it up... it blended into our granite sooo well

Eeeew.
23.gif
I know isn't it gross? I didn't know there were babies on its back until we whapped it with DH's shoes...lol it was weird (my friend said if you knew there are babies next time, spray with hairspray first so they stick - don't know if this is a myth or not though). I've heard (depending on where your located) those wolf spider are better to have than most as they will pick up other bugs in the house...dunno really though I haven't thought about researching spiders as keepers or anything.

The black widows we've killed have been a good half inch bodies (plus add their legs) big and round belly area and are very shiny (slightly less than patent leather shiny) and they are good at making you beleive they are dead, they'll curl up and "pretend" if you don't kill them the first time, if you happen to spot a nice red spot on their belly then ...yup those are black widows for sure. They also make really coarse webs (the ones I've had). Our pest control guy says to make sure you always sweep up any webs you see and try not to miss any even if you kill the homeowner, as spiders sometimes are lazy and if there is a web already there - well they just move right on in...lol

Monkeypie- thanks, I'll check around.. we've been fortunate, although just a few days ago, I stepped inside and my eye went right towards the scorpion
40.gif
- DH didn't see it and he was home for nearly an hour with our kids!!!!

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
Sorry about my bad information! I was always told that black widows were small. Half inch bodies are not small, not small at all!

So today I came home from work, grab my jammies off the bathroom door and head for the bedroom. There, hanging from a strand of web is a "new" kind of spider that I have yet to make a name for. I call DH in to kill it. I, of course remind him that he is to be swift and efficient and not let it escape. Mind you it is above my nightstand which is covered with my things. I mean covered. DH grabs a tissue and goes after said nameless spider. Of course he does this the most idiotic way possible and down it falls! I shriek. This is not a small spider. I cannot forget about this one and let it go. I yell "Find it, Find it." He starts moving things around and at this point I know that he has lost it. I then inform him that he better not pretend that he has killed it to satisfy me when really he cannot find it. FINALLY I see him going in for the kill. I demand proof and sure enough, dead spider in tissue. Whew, that was a close one guys. I can't take it anymore.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sorry Radiant you''re going through this, when we first moved into our home, we had roaches at least 3-5 a day
14.gif
it took us about five months before the roaches were (can''t say completely gone) almost all gone, but this is from the use of pest control (I think the previous home owner had dogs and not sure what they did, maybe ate it all up?
14.gif
), I also have this home stuff that looks like sand grains (might not be good for your pets) called MAX FORCE GRANULE INSECT BAIT - does wonders,,, killed ants at our other homes too. Maybe you could check into that, I''m not sure if spider is one of them that it will kill though. My coworker gave me his remaining bottle, so I don''t know exactly where to get it though.

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/23/2009 8:38:32 PM
Author: MonkeyPie
Ewww baby spiders omg!

If I am not mistaken, you can find the boxes with the whine at places like Home Depot? I have never bought one, but I bet you could find them online.

If you have a crawl space under your house, it''s good to put the mothballs under there, too. My grandma lived in a really old trailer in the middle of the desert, far away from people, but she tossed mothballs under her house every couple months and never had a single spider or bug in her house.
Is it the plug in ultrasonic bug repellers you are referring to for example Riddex? If so, I have tried those & they do not work for us but some people seem to have better luck. One thing I do like to put in the garage is glue traps those catch lots of ickies.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Careful with the moth balls - some of the chemicals aren't such a good thing to be around!

We have so, so SO many of the creepy crawlies. They give me the heebie jeebies!!! I have yet to figure out a way to get rid of the buggers!!!

ETA: I just read an article that suggested using citrus? Apparantly spiders taste with their feet and dislike lemon. Hmmm.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results