shape
carat
color
clarity

Sphene -- Who Owns some, and do you have pictures?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ve got my heart set on a piece of sphene and would like to know who has bought it, what you''v done with it, and if you have pictures (stones and or finished projects, I''m game for it all!)

CLUE ME IN Y''ALL!!

-A

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
I don''t have a stone yet but i am getting these..they will be here in about a week..i already showed TL these a few eeks ago..the cool thing is i split a parcel with a cutter who cuts some world class gems and he is going to cut one for me when i send him his half...i just have to throw in one i want cut and he will facet it for me..so it''s a win win..I will post pics of the finished stone when I get it ..here is what I will be getting..sphene rough..will send pics when i get it in person..pakistan

sphene 1a.jpg

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
another pic of them

sphene 1b.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ooo fantastic! look forward to seeing one cut? This is the honey color, right?

-A

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
I don''t own a cut one so it will be cool to finally get one..are sphene the ones that flash really well? with all the colors?

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/7/2009 11:20:36 AM
Author: zeolite
Here''s a green one, asscher cut:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/asscher-or-barion-cut-for-a-small-stone.95471/

Oh WOW
23.gif
18.gif
I WANT!!!!! That is so gorgeous!

Of what I''ve seen I do have a preference for the green body ones. (but I''d take a honey yellow, i''m not that picky
2.gif
)

-A

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I have one. He's just a little cheapy but I want more - they are such fun stones!

sphene_01.jpg

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I have one that Gene cut - brownish colour but so pretty! Sparkles beautifully and the cut is great.

I also love sphelearite: even more sparkly - and softer as well, though.

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
cool stone Lady..do they sparkle as much as eveyone says?

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I think they are sunny day stones - they look great in sunlight and they really sparkle. However, they can look rather blah in indirect or softer light. WHich is why I want a lovely green sphene which will look better when it isn''t sparkling.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/7/2009 12:08:49 PM
Author: MonkeyPie
I have one. He''s just a little cheapy but I want more - they are such fun stones!

sphene_01.jpg

Sometimes the funnest stones are the cheapest
31.gif
I like it!

-A

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
I have a small greenish one that I had made into a pendant, but *searches* I don''t think I have pictures of it here at work.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
2.5 carat sphene sitting on top of a rose gold semi mount.

TLSpheneLOGR.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Apple green 6 carat Pakistani sphene. This has a great rainbow display of dispersion, but the camera doesn''t pick it up too well.

tlspheneapplegreen.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not mine, but it's a pave sphene snake cuff. Detail of pave work and sphenes in right side picture. I would never wear something like this due to the softness of sphene.

29-2904_1.jpg
sphene_pave_snake.JPG

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''d love to get a bright green sphene. They are incredibly dispersive but I don''t like the honey coloured ones.

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve got a sphene on it''s way to me but it''ll probably be another 2 weeks before it arrives. MC rated it at: GIA Code: YG/GY*5/5
Hue: yellow-green or green-yellow Tone: Medium Saturation: strong. I''ll make sure to post pics when I get it!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Brandy,
The GIA scale of 5/5 is making me all excited – it’s going to be a vivid eye-popper. I can’t wait for you to receive it.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Pandora''s got a cracking sphene pendant, maybe she will see the thread and post a picture of it.

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
I have two sphene. Sorry, I don''t have photos, though.

One is like the one TL posted in the rose gold setting. I''ve got that in a gold pendant. The other is dark brown. It does lots of red flash. That is not set yet.

They are definitely fun !

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/7/2009 3:58:24 PM
Author: Chrono
Brandy,
The GIA scale of 5/5 is making me all excited – it’s going to be a vivid eye-popper. I can’t wait for you to receive it.
Me too Chrono! I''ve got high hopes.
1.gif

Here''s the closest one that I could find on MC to what I purchased color and grade wise but it''s twice the price that I paid, I think they mispriced mine, and this one is even a tad bit smaller: http://www.multicolour.com/detail/?-1013040268 it may be me but the cut looks a bit wonky on it too but if the color is good enough that can be overlooked.

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
yea, brandy make sure and get lots of photos when you recieve your stone..can''t wait for show and tell

kroshka

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t have any other pics of my sphene, but here is the photo from the vendor :)
I really should come out and play more on Pscope!

Kroshka

Sphene.jpg

kroshka

Brilliant_Rock

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah TL, let me just pull that 12K right out of my purse *LOL* its Gorgeous! I''ll take a look around to see what they have. I also like the one you had on that rose gold setting. thats not something you see everyday (did you ever set that?)
Thanks for the link! It''ll keep me very occupied
18.gif

And kroshka
23.gif
Oh wow is that yours? does it want to come out and play?
3.gif

I''m for SURE wanting a green bodied stone now. The honey is still pretty to me but it just doesn''t speak to me like the green does.

-A

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/7/2009 6:26:54 PM
Author: Arcadian

Yeah TL, let me just pull that 12K right out of my purse *LOL* its Gorgeous! I'll take a look around to see what they have. I also like the one you had on that rose gold setting. thats not something you see everyday (did you ever set that?)
Thanks for the link! It'll keep me very occupied
18.gif

And kroshka
23.gif
Oh wow is that yours? does it want to come out and play?
3.gif

I'm for SURE wanting a green bodied stone now. The honey is still pretty to me but it just doesn't speak to me like the green does.

-A
I like the sphene I got from this seller, it was very much like the vendor photo, and I was quite pleased with it's body color and it's dispersion. It's very rare to find a sphene with such a saturated green color like the one in the listing. Most are very yellowish, yellow-green, yellow-brown, or just brown. Sphene collectors like to have all the body colors. I have not set my sphene because it's too soft. LovingDiamonds has some set sphenes. She may chime in on this thread later. They're very beautiful stones.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the info TL. They have one thats green that I really do like and may purchase. As far as setting, my bench guy set an apatite for someone in a pendant (it was gorgeous!), but I think he also charged more too. I''ll certainly have to ask about setting it if I choose to go that route.

-A

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/7/2009 7:02:21 PM
Author: Arcadian
Thanks for the info TL. They have one thats green that I really do like and may purchase. As far as setting, my bench guy set an apatite for someone in a pendant (it was gorgeous!), but I think he also charged more too. I''ll certainly have to ask about setting it if I choose to go that route.

-A
A good benchperson will charge more because it''s softer. I know my benchperson charged more to set a beryl because even that stone is typically softer than what they''re used to.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results