shape
carat
color
clarity

spessring - nothing spectacular...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nothing spectacular - just took first photograph with my new Sony Cybershot. I did not photoshop it but in the process understood how easily one could do it. I shall attach better pictures of the whole set, there is a pendant and earrings. This spessartine is very bright. I bought it from Marc Sarosi. The color is not the best, it clearly has brownish secondary tones although in real life mother-of-pearl masks all differences in color. But I give Marc credit: I gave him very narrow specifics (wide crown, shallow but bright) and he sent me the stone that fit to a T. It is also very bright, although one can not see it from my shot, and well-cut.

spessring450.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think its really pretty
3.gif
and quite an unusual piece.

-A

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
I like it, very beautiful! I''m sure that is an interesting piece to wear, lots of eye candy to catch the eye
1.gif

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you. The idea was mine, and I shall tell about it more when I post the full set. It is not easy to take photographs! Still remembering your peridot-in-a-seashell, Arcadian...

ma re

Ideal_Rock
How original! Love it!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What are the 3 circles? Gold “buttons”? So the center bezel is drilled into the mother of pearl? Is it a ring? It’s definitely a very unique piece.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The buttons are, basically, prongs. They essentially hug the central part. I shall try to shoot it from different angles. There is a hole drilled in mother-of-pearl and gold bezel is set into it. I was always thinking about combining two or three materials in a ring. My initial idea was to set red spinel into mother-or-pearl, I even brought old mother-of-pearl belt buckle from my native country! But then I saw this ring, and spinel of large sizes was expensive, so I thought about setting a spessartine into it. The whole problem was with the depth of the stone - it had to be shallow, but "spread" well, since I did not want to pay for additional gold tubing and work (there is much gold in the ring). I browsed AJS website - they have great stones, but none too shallow; called other companies. Marc's stone was the only one that fit - it has a nice "spiral" cut and is bright but not deep.

It took me a while to find two other stones for the earrings, and one bigger one for the pendant. The biggest one comes from Pala, and color-wise it is the best.

I am now walking around with the camera, taking shots at dawn and dusk, in my kitchen, in my car. And I do get many compliments on thie ring, more than on my alexandrite! Surprizingly, kids always seem no notice end enjoy shift of color and adults are, like, "Uh? Is it a mood ring?".

And by the way, since I never take time to properly clean my stones, is it OK to use alcohol swabs for spessartines or demantoids?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unique!
1.gif

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
Both beautiful and unique. I think that combination is fantastic.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why alcohol swabs? A rinse with soapy warm water to remove any oils/dirt followed by a clean rinse and dab dry should do the trick. To avoid water spots, spray dry with compressed air.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
the ring looks like its got some serious finger coverage
3.gif
about how big is the spess? I love this idea a lot (If you don''t mind I may use some components of it for a full custom jobbie)

-A

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awwww it''s a gemmy fried egg!
9.gif

I saw it in your avatar and wondered what it was. Are the 3 gold discs at the edges the prongs?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/7/2010 3:13:17 PM
Author: LovingDiamonds
9.gif

I saw it in your avatar and wondered what it was. Are the 3 gold discs at the edges the prongs?

Haha!

Very cool ring!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/7/2010 2:43:34 PM
Author: Arcadian
the ring looks like its got some serious finger coverage
3.gif
about how big is the spess? I love this idea a lot (If you don''t mind I may use some components of it for a full custom jobbie)

-A

Hey, it is not patented! Feel free to use whatever you want, I shall photographs of the pendant and earrings, too.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
9.gif

I am tempted to say, the egg is what my son refused to eat at breakfast, but have you noticed that I am learning to make avatars that are not distorted?

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/7/2010 4:43:24 PM
Author: crasru

Awwww it's a gemmy fried egg!
9.gif

I am tempted to say, the egg is what my son refused to eat at breakfast, but have you noticed that I am learning to make avatars that are not distorted?
Well you're learning faster than me! At one point I had Captain Scarlett as my avatar (I had a serious crush on him when I was little
2.gif
) and my avatar was all squished and strange looking
9.gif

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/7/2010 4:56:31 PM
Date: 1/7/2010 4:43:24 PM

Author: crasru

9.gif

Well you''re learning faster than me! At one point I had Captain Scarlett as my avatar (I had a serious crush on him when I was little
2.gif
) and my avatar was all squished and strange looking
9.gif

Maybe that''s what retro-metabolism leads up to...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results