shape
carat
color
clarity

Spes Ring done already!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock

spesRing.jpg

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock

spesRingg.jpg

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock

spesRinggg.jpg

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
If only it were that easy!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha ha, smart alec!!

It was funny, I was looking through a bridal magazine the other day (I look through them for the jewelry), and they had this beautiful art deco inspired setting with a rough diamond, and it wasn''t even a nice clean smooth faced octahedron, but like an alluvial cloudy diamond. I was thinking, "what????"

virgoruby

Shiny_Rock
It''s a great (anti-)fashion statement!

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Gotta love rings where you can swap out the center stone at will.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Very original, LOL
9.gif

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ohhh, I love the white gold with the orange. It could use a halo though :razz:.

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 4/10/2010 10:44:18 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Ha ha, smart alec!!

It was funny, I was looking through a bridal magazine the other day (I look through them for the jewelry), and they had this beautiful art deco inspired setting with a rough diamond, and it wasn''t even a nice clean smooth faced octahedron, but like an alluvial cloudy diamond. I was thinking, ''what????''
I have seen those!! The diamonds look like snow thats been plowed off a dirt road. And they charge the same prices as quality cut stones.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/11/2010 10:00:18 AM
Author: RockHugger
Date: 4/10/2010 10:44:18 PM

Author: tourmaline_lover

Ha ha, smart alec!!

It was funny, I was looking through a bridal magazine the other day (I look through them for the jewelry), and they had this beautiful art deco inspired setting with a rough diamond, and it wasn''t even a nice clean smooth faced octahedron, but like an alluvial cloudy diamond. I was thinking, ''what????''

I have seen those!! The diamonds look like snow thats been plowed off a dirt road. And they charge the same prices as quality cut stones.

Buyer beware - a total ripoff.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
And I was thinking how amazing and glowing that rough was. I didn''t even notice it was the ring until halfway down the thread!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I should get some of that sticky dough, and wear my loose gems that I cannot afford to set, around the house like that. LOL!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very avant garde.
9.gif

Don''t even get me started on all the advertisements I''ve seen in magazines selling rough diamonds in pendants & earrings, rough emerald necklaces and etc. Horrible colour and clarity yet so terribly expensive!
38.gif

RevolutionGems

Shiny_Rock
Vapid, I don''t mean to be rude, but you might want to take a few more faceting lessons. If you look closely, it appears you missed the polish on a spot near the table...

DistinctionJewelry

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Date: 4/12/2010 9:22:11 AM
Author: Revolution
Vapid, I don''t mean to be rude, but you might want to take a few more faceting lessons. If you look closely, it appears you missed the polish on a spot near the table...

LOL!

It''s more the setting I''m inclined to take a closer look at - it appears the prongs could use juuust a tad more tightening - or am I being overcritical?

DistinctionJewelry

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Thought you guys might find this article on rough stone jewelry to be interesting: http://www.colored-stone.com/stories/jan09/roughing-it.cfm

I''ve sold a few pieces with rough sapphires, some customers love the look and concept. It''s a different kind of gem appreciation.

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Id be afraid to walk past the arm band lady. Might need a tetinus shot after getting my arm sliced open!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You guys are too funny! Between the beard thread and this one ? .....
3.gif
3.gif
3.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve always a wanted spess ring. This one is breathtaking!
3.gif

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2010 8:54:07 AM
Author: gemgirl
You guys are too funny! Between the beard thread and this one ? .....
3.gif
3.gif
3.gif

Hahaha agreed. I''ve been enjoying these threads!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results