shape
carat
color
clarity

specs on my radiant

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
OK, So I called the jeweler to get the specs for my Radiant from the appraisal.
IT is:

1.53 ct
J color
SI2 (no inclusion visible to eye, and I couldn''t finf it with the loupe!)
Cut: MEDIUM
Dimensions: 6.86X 6.32X4.46

I know on paper the cut and color are not that great, but looked quite nice next to what I was trading in: .74 Princess, VS1 F color, good cut.

My question is, do the dimensions represent the table etc? What do I do with these numbers and is there some sort of chart online I can consult to see how this stone measures up??

Thanks!

Sophie

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
From the dimensions, you can calculate the depth but not the table. The depth of your stone is 70.6% calculated from the depth divided by the width. That''s a bit deep, so it may appear to be smaller than other 1.53 carat stones. The table cannot be calculated from the dimensions you gave, but if the diamond has a GIA report, it will have the table % on it. Since you don''t have the table or the crown height, you can''t really use the chart on gemappraisers.com until you have this info. Once you do find out this info, you can check your stone against the numbers on the AGA chart.

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
thanks for the info. Where can I find information about cut quality for a Radiant?

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
To find out info on cut grade, go to www.gemappraisers.com. On the left side of the page, click on Old AGA Cut Grade Charts and Rules. Then select the Radiant chart at the top. This will give you a chart that tells you what table %, depth %, and crown height should be for each cut grade. 1A is the best and 4B is the worst. I personally always shoot for 1A or 1B diamonds. They are not guaranteed to be beautiful, but they have a better chance of being well-cut diamonds especially if you are buying them sight unseen online.

Here''s a couple of 1B (at least as far as I can tell without the crown height) diamonds around 1.5 carats from ps vendors that you might want to check out:

http://search.virtcert.com/cgi/u/1012/v.cgi?stock=5334644&_s=1012&_p=sdf348gd743&_c=&_fs=1&prestock=&_ln=ps

This one is pretty cheap, but it may not be eyeclean. You would have to have the vendor check it for you.

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamond.asp?cid=131&item=172574&aff_id=ps621

This one is another that you would have to have the vendor check for you since it''s an SI2.

http://www.uniondiamond.com/diamonds/diamonds.php?item_id=58685&search_type_id=2&action_type_id=2&network_id=0cf05810a0f83094f6e9972ef21cdd34#

This one is a 1A and since it''s a VS2 it''s pretty much guaranteed to be eyeclean. Definitely worth a look.

I hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results