shape
carat
color
clarity

Special message from Jeff White

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Just got a Gemscoop e-mail saying that due to the disaster in Haiti, Jeff White is auctioning off a stone (as yet uncut) and donating all of the proceeds to the American Red Cross to assist in their humanitarian efforts. I applaud Jeff for it, and wanted to get the word out to the rest of the PS community.

virgoruby

Shiny_Rock
I got the message too - what a fantastic thing to do, well done Jeff!
36.gif

Will definitely keep an eye out for any updates & look forward to bidding for lovely gems!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
I got it, too, and thanked Jeff for his AWESOME gift!
36.gif

Lori

RevolutionGems

Shiny_Rock
What a beautiful gesture. My hat is off to him.

Is there a way we could set up a PSers fund for Haiti relief?

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I got this as well and i think it is such a great thing to do to help.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A very nice gesture indeed!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
What a SUPER Guy!!! very nice of him to do so. Can''t wait to see who the PSer winner will be
27.gif

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
That is awesome! Well done Jeff!
36.gif

What a great guy.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Aw, Jeff is such a great guy - I hope his stone makes a lot of money for Haiti!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also, great example. It is always so nice when people who have do something for those who have not - teaches all of us not to be egocentric.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
This is marvellous news, but I didn''t get the e-mail - yet I am registered and receive Gemscoop when it comes out.

Thanks for posting this BEG.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gailey,
Check your spam in-box. I sometimes get newsletters and that sort of thing in there.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Here''s the e-mail. Jeff asked that we spread the word....

I know many of you have been waiting for the next Gem Scoop, and I hope to have one ready for distribution within the next few weeks! However, the purpose of today’s email is something completely different. The tiny island nation of Haiti was struck an unimaginably-hard blow on January 12th, when an earthquake ripped through the country. Like many of you, I have watched in disbelief as the magnitude of the disaster has come to light. In the wake of a disaster that rendered so much of the country’s infrastructure useless, the needs of the people are so basic but so very difficult to meet.

This is a situation that is unimaginable for most of us, yet it is one that we can all contribute to relieving, if only in a small way. In the next few days, I will be working to cut a stone to auction off in support of the relief effort. I will be setting up an eBay account and will be administering the auction through the American Red Cross. I will be donating 100% of the proceeds to the Red Cross to assist in their humanitarian aid efforts. I will also provide free shipping to the winner. This is an opportunity to help a very worthy cause and to get something sparkly in the process, so please consider bidding!

I don’t yet know for sure what I will cut, but I wanted to get the word out as soon as possible. I will send another email once the stone is complete and everything is set up for the auction. Normally, I restrict Gem Scoop opportunities to only those on the list, but in this case, I would encourage you to send this to anyone and everyone that you think might be interested! Please keep your eyes peeled for a follow-up email in the coming days.

Thanks!
Jeff White
JL White Fine Gemstones

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/23/2010 12:58:06 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Gailey,
Check your spam in-box. I sometimes get newsletters and that sort of thing in there.
Good call TL, there it was along with all sorts of other missing goodies.

Thanks.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
As some of you may know from reading my posts about Haiti in the Hangout threads, I am particularly touched by this disaster. I have also been concerned about reports about the red cross that say less cents on the dollar go in actual aid than some other organisations such as the Salvation Army which is who I made a donation to.

Yesterday, I spent quite a while talking to a friend of mine who is a paediatric surgeon. She gave me a much more in depth view of how money is spent and how aid organisations work. I don''t have the same degree of concern that I had previously.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
bumping this up for more attention

great gesture from jeff.

i will be bidding
1.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not only is Jeff a great cutter, he''s also a wonderful human being.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I received the newsletter and applaud Jeff for generously doing a great service for people in need. I am looking forward to participating.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh that''s so nice!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was happy to hear he was going to do this. Does anyone have any idea what he''ll be cutting?

jewelz617

Brilliant_Rock
What a great thing to do. Nicely done, Mr. White.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results