shape
carat
color
clarity

Speaking of Tacky....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
I''m currently addressing/stamping my STD, which are postcards...which for those who haven''t done postcards, include cute, wintery polar bear stamps (it''s the only option for postcard stamps).

(Please don''t shoot!)

Can I scrawl in with a green marker "Merry Christmas!" and count them as my holiday cards too?

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
Aw I think that''s cute! I mean, if you don''t have choices, how could it possibly be tacky? If anything, I''d think it''s even better b/c it''s one less decision to make!!!

Have you posted a photo of your STD postcards?? Would love to seee!

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
I did this with the camera on my laptop...not sure why it is a mirror image, but it is...

pstcrdstd.jpg

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
For reference, here are the stamps. Which seemed silly in October when I started this, but now I see the best of waiting till Dec!

Also, I''m not worried about the stamps being tacky, just the dual purposing of the stds instead of separate holiday cards.

cutepolarbearstamp.jpg

VanillaPuff

Rough_Rock
I don''t think it''s tacky. I actually think it''s kinda cute.

Besides, you''re saving paper. And there''s nothing tacky about conservation.
2.gif

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
Love your STD! And agreed - conservation of both paper and money are both great things!

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
go for it!

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
They''re really cute! I think you could definitely write Merry Christmas and have them be Christmas cards too. Heck, we''re not even sending them out this year because we''re lazy, so it''s not like you *have* to send them. So conserving paper and sending them together sounds good to me.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Ha I just got a thank you note for a wedding gift I had sent this week, and kinda wished it had a warm and fuzzy merry christmas note in the thank you card. I mean it did arrive the week before xmas! So why not?

So I''m on the why not boat! (but i''m a nut and love hearing merry xmas!)

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the feedback everyone. I did it with a green sharpie. It didn''t even take too long to go through. I like how it makes them all look a little more personal too.

The postcards are from Vista print. They were very inexpensive and I''m happy with the quality. Nice, heavy weight postcard stock, glossy photo.

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Sounds like you already have it figured out...but I think the holiday stamps are cute for this time of year! My Save-the-Dates just went out and they totally looked like a holiday card...red envelope with gold metallic writing. I kinda wished I included our holiday cards in them as well!!

Just to add another option for those curious...photostamps or zazzle stamps! What is really cool is that they let you create your own denomination. I needed extra postage because I was sending a "rigid object" - so it let me do $.64. Also, the nice thing is that you don''t have to worry about "hand cancelling" because for some reason they don''t stamp over the postage...I think there is a digital code reader of some sort.

Anyway, love your Save-the-Date''s!! Super cute!! And, love Vista Print! I''ve used them for a lot of other things.

BTW...what does it say at the bottom of your postcard?

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the advice ROL. The bottom reads "love is friendship set on fire."

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results