shape
carat
color
clarity

speaking of old looking hands...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
OK ladies, the thread on guessing age based on hands has really had me looking at my hands, and not liiking what I see! They are starting to show age fast.

Can you reccommend a way to slow down the aging/wrinkling and a good moisterizer to help smooth the skin?

I need something either unscented or very llittle scent (my son has sensitivity issues to being near fragerence). Also, not too greasy.

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
One of the main reasons women''s hands age so quickly is because of the UVA rays that come through the windshiled while driving. You will go a long way to helping prevent further damage by always putting sunscreen on, especially when you will be driving.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Assch, I think the best thing you could use is sunscreen. It is the UVA rays that cause wrinkles so if you use some on your face I would just go ahead and puts some on your hands too; that is what I do. I think Jergens has spf 15 and let me go look in my room which one I use. . . I will be back.

eta: Lubriderm has a very light scent spf 15 which is nongreasy; I am a huge fan of sunscreens with mexoryl which block UVA rays like Vichy or La Roche but they can be a bit greasy.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Crabtree and Evelyn''s Goats-milk Hand Therapy. Best lotion I''ve ever found ....

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love L''Occitane lotion! Their regular shea butter lotion is my favorite.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Sunscreen, now that I think of it, I''m so good about sunscreen on my face and arms and then after applying I wash my hand. I spend TONS of time in my car driving my kids from place to place or waiting in their activity pick up lines.

Keep the suggestions coming.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
if you really want to take care of your hands like your face, sunscreen in the day, retinoid at night at night for sun damage and wrinkles, or AHA.

if you don't have time, moisturizers with lactic acid, like AmLactin, and a moisturizer with sunscreen (something like a Vaseline/Aveeno/Dove hand moisturizer.) Has to cover UVA!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Loving Hollywood Hands by Star Maker, you can buy it it RiteAid, CVS, etc... It''s awesome.
1.gif

spike13

Shiny_Rock
I started putting straight Vaseline on in the shower. By the time I get out it''s not any greasier than regular lotion and I swear it''s taken at least 5 years off of them.

HappyAnniversary

Shiny_Rock
Years ago, I remember a tv ad for baby oil--put it on in the shower! I thought--what a great idea, less messy and a bit can splatter off, so I did it. But--my MIL and FIL were visiting and yep--I almost killed my FIL, cos he slipped on the baby oil that had swooshed off me and only kept from cracking his head on the tub by tearing off my shower curtain. I never saw the TV ad again, so I am wondering if the slip wasn''t the only time it happened---So---just be careful with any oily shower application. And my hands look my age, so I will sure try some suncreen if it is not too late.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Great thread! I guess I need some sunscreen since Dancing Fire guessed my age to be 15
39.gif
years older than I am because of my wrinkly hands. I''ve used the Lubriderm w/ spf 15, but, it leaves a residue on my nails and makes the polish chip. Anyone have suggestions of spf hand creams that aren''t yucky on the nails?

mrs jam

Brilliant_Rock
I totally agree with everyone''s posts about the sunblock! I''ve got a pretty fair complexion, and I can get sunburned while simply driving around. I''ve always been really conscientious about putting sunblock on my face, neck, and arms, but unthinkingly wash it off my hands after I''m done slathering up! I ABHOR feeling greasy!! A couple of months ago, I tried the Aveeno SPF 55 for babies, and it actually feels really good after it dries. I always make sure I put it on the backs of my hands, and I keep a tube in my bag so I can reapply it after washing my hands. This particular product makes it easy for me to stay in a committed relationship with a sunblock.

ursulawrite

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/21/2008 12:52:11 AM
Author: brazen_irish_hussy
One of the main reasons women''s hands age so quickly is because of the UVA rays that come through the windshiled while driving. You will go a long way to helping prevent further damage by always putting sunscreen on, especially when you will be driving.
Yep. I wear Neutrogena''s oil-free SPF45 every day, even in winter.

westjenn

Brilliant_Rock
I just bought Neutrogena Age Shield Hand Cream, SPF 30. I picked it up at Target (but see that its a bit cheaper at Amazon.com)
I started noticing what I think are a few small brown spots on my hands and I think I''m way too young to be getting age spots! Hopefully this will work!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results