shape
carat
color
clarity

Speaking of native cut rubies

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was going to share this a while back, not sure why it took me so long to post pictures, but this is a bracelet hand made by my cousin in Cambodia (my mom bought this as a gift for me and one for my sister - similar style different links as well about 10 years ago) , and I'm not sure if he actually cut the rubies himself, but I'm almost 99% positive. In any case, this looks more rose gold to me when compare to my other yellow gold jewelry but since I don't have any other rose gold setting its hard for me to tell really since the rose color is subtle? 18k

pinktourmasschermoz 014.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

pinktourmasschermoz 013.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

RUBYBRACELETdt1 001.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

RUBYBRACELETdt1 002.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

RUBYBRACELETdt1 005.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

RUBYBRACELETdt1 004.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
thanks guys for looking.

RUBYBRACELETdt1 003.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a lovely bracelet, and I like the Eastern influence it has in design.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks TL- you''re so kind
1.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful bracelet. It''s lovely, and I hope you enjoy wearing it. I know I would love it. It combines rubies, gold, and has a sort of charm bracelet dangles. Wonderful!!
36.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
thank you Fly Girl- surprising this is my favorite bracelet to wear - its a PITA to take the clasp off myself so it goes to bed with me, my other that have misc charms and another bangle is a bit uncomfortable - I have not yet pulled any of the ruby charms off - whew.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2009 11:58:29 PM
Author: D&T
thank you Fly Girl- surprising this is my favorite bracelet to wear - its a PITA to take the clasp off myself so it goes to bed with me, my other that have misc charms and another bangle is a bit uncomfortable - I have not yet pulled any of the ruby charms off - whew.
I hear you. I have a bracelet that I''m sure I would wear more if I didn''t end up bruising my fingers trying to get it off in the evening. I have a real soft spot for charm bracelets. I''m glad to hear that you enjoy wearing it!!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
That is really beautiful, it looks great on you. I love the fact that it is a hand made work of art from a family member.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Nice bracelet and I love the ruby dangles.

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
Love the bracelet. I can see why you wear it often. I just rec''d a ruby and pearl necklace off Etsy from Thailand, so I can tell you, they are still using that clasp! The thing is, it is so decieving, isn''t it? It looks like it would just open so easily you would be afraid of losing the piece. I have not gotten mine open yet. Fortunately, it is long enough to slip over my head.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/18/2009 1:22:13 AM
Author: LtlFirecracker
That is really beautiful, it looks great on you. I love the fact that it is a hand made work of art from a family member.

Seriously! How cool. I wish I had such talented family members
3.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a cool bracelet and it looks wonderful on you!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Nice bracelet D&T - I especially like how the rubies are nestled in the leaf shapes. Soooo, where''s your new tourmaline ring??

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ltlfirecracker - Thank you, it''s unfortunate, that I cannot buy anymore, since sending money over there, and trying to ship it out back is very risky - I will just have to wait a few more years until DH and I can get out there to visit.
Lovinggems - Thank you! your so sweet
Pink Tower- Thanks!, oooh I can''t wait to see your photoshoot on those- I bet they look stunning!. Yes, those clasp are deceiving - it''s almost 50% chance that I will chip a nail every time I put it on or take it off. so I use my teeth to do the work
IceKid, Catmom - thank you for your kind words, you guys are so nice!
Cellentani - Thanks sweetie!, ok the tourmaline ring is coming right up
9.gif

rubyisforlove

Rough_Rock
Its lovely.This retro style is very popular now in my Country.
30.gif

Cant you get such work done at your nearby shop if you can show catalogue pictures?I mean,I can send you some catalogue pics by e-mail or can post here,
1.gif
,if you cant find yourself by searching the web.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
thanks Rubyisforlove. I''m sure I can find someone here to make more bracelets, but its just neat to have it come from a family memeber and I can pass this on for generations.

Cellentani - I forgot to mention, that both DH and I call this my "peacock" bracelet... but I like the leaf sound a little better
1.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very cool.

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
Your cousin MADE that???
23.gif
Wow. It''s so beautiful.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, Kribbie - thank you for your compliments.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, D&T - your bracelet is lovely, and even more incredible that it''s made by your cousin!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This must be the ruby bracelet you mentioned in the other thread with the sapphire reset. It''s a very unique item and I don''t blame you for wearing it throught out the summer. It needs a second person for the clasp, doesn''t it?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Lauren for the compliment,

Chrono - thank you , yes, it is the same ruby bracelet, I just finally got around to posting it. The second person for the clasp- umm, DH is worst at pulling it and closing it (he ends up usually with a large gap still) So I usually use the good old teeth to take it on and off
9.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have an Asian made 24K gold bracelet with that same clasp. I''m glad it just goes on over my hand!! I just keep the clasp locked by moving the S-loop closed.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/18/2009 10:52:01 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
I have an Asian made 24K gold bracelet with that same clasp. I''m glad it just goes on over my hand!! I just keep the clasp locked by moving the S-loop closed.
mmm, I love 24k gold stuff, too bad I gave them all away
39.gif
didn''t think any of it was my style... maybe I''ll try to get them back from my sister who doesn''t even wear them
11.gif
anyways.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love 24K gold, and the heft of it. Most people think it''s fake because of the overly yellow color. However, I always get comments from people of Asian or Indian background, because it''s very popular in their respective countries, and they recognize the "S" hook. It weighs three ounces, and feels like a brick on my wrist, but I love it!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results