shape
carat
color
clarity

Spacer needed? And advice on sizing?

sydneyvaughn

Rough_Rock
Hi there! My e ring is pretty low set, which I love, but I'm worried about a wedding band rubbing against the milgrain detail. Should I get a spacer to help prevent this (and which metal would be best)? E ring is platinum and band is 18k. Band isn't sized yet, which brings me to my next question. The e ring is decently tight. 70% of the time I have to wet my finger to take it off. Should the band/ potential spacer be the same size or can I safely do 1/4 larger? Thanks!
PXL_20231017_183930246.PORTRAIT.jpg PXL_20231017_184010503.PORTRAIT.jpg PXL_20231017_183935921.PORTRAIT.jpg

Godrick

Shiny_Rock
I would definitely do a thin spacer at a 1/4 size larger! I like my rings on the larger side of snug because I get a tad finger claustrophobic haha

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do not think you need a spacer. Spacers are needed with the diamonds (usually on the wedding band) are on the edge of the
band and can eat into your ering metal. The diamonds in your wedding band do not go up to the edge of the metal of your wedding
band and can not eat into your ering....from what I am seeing in the pictures.

The line in green shows a line of metal along the edge of your wedding band.
Screenshot 2023-10-17 184247.png

You could add another band in between the two if you like the look but I dont see any need for it.

sydneyvaughn

Rough_Rock
Thank you! Good to know that I don't need to be too worried.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
FWIW I always have my rings sized up 1/2 size because the heat here makes my fingers swell.

I bought a 2mm plat spacer band to stop my ring rubbing against the ER.

IMG_0790.jpeg

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I do not think you need a spacer. Spacers are needed with the diamonds (usually on the wedding band) are on the edge of the
band and can eat into your ering metal. The diamonds in your wedding band do not go up to the edge of the metal of your wedding
band and can not eat into your ering....from what I am seeing in the pictures.

The line in green shows a line of metal along the edge of your wedding band.
Screenshot 2023-10-17 184247.png

You could add another band in between the two if you like the look but I dont see any need for it.

Agreed. I don't think it's needed and may end up looking bulky. The solitaire is a fairly delicate setting.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results