shape
carat
color
clarity

SP channel set band is here!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Why don''t you go to a local store just to get an idea of what bigger would look like so you don''t have to pay for shipping. Just a thought.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Katie,
If you want to try on more locally, check out Grimball Jewelers in Chapel Hill. They have (or at least they did a few months ago) some really nice low set, high quality channel set bands with ideal cut stones. That would at least give you a better idea of various sizes!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thanks Gail!! I''ll take a little trip to Grimball. :)

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Katie, I think they look PERFECT together! I love it! It''s gorgeous!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hubby and I talked last night about the wedding band and after he saw it in person (he had only seen photos yesterday before I got home from work), he thought it was beautiful but that we could go a little larger without taking away from the ering. So today at lunch, we went to a local store (thanks gailrmv!) and they happened to have a .66 pt one that was beautiful and looked fantastic. Lots a sparkle without taking the focus off my ering. It wasn''t my size, so if it was made in my size, it would have been .64 pts, 32 stones total. So each stone was 2 pts. It was a great comparison because it had ideal cut stones of the same color/quality and very little metal on the sides.

So I''m waiting on a call from Isaac right now. I am trying to decide which one to have him send me: one of the SP bands (in my size) would be .59 ct, 33 stones. That makes each stone 1.78 pts. The next size up is .72 ct, 30 stones. So those stones would be 2.4 pts each.

Ugghhh! Which one should I try? I''m thinking the smaller of the two, because I really don''t want to overpower my ring.

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/15/2007 1:47:46 PM
Author: katiedid
Hubby and I talked last night about the wedding band and after he saw it in person (he had only seen photos yesterday before I got home from work), he thought it was beautiful but that we could go a little larger without taking away from the ering. So today at lunch, we went to a local store (thanks gailrmv!) and they happened to have a .66 pt one that was beautiful and looked fantastic. Lots a sparkle without taking the focus off my ering. It wasn''t my size, so if it was made in my size, it would have been .64 pts, 32 stones total. So each stone was 2 pts. It was a great comparison because it had ideal cut stones of the same color/quality and very little metal on the sides.

So I''m waiting on a call from Isaac right now. I am trying to decide which one to have him send me: one of the SP bands (in my size) would be .59 ct, 33 stones. That makes each stone 1.78 pts. The next size up is .72 ct, 30 stones. So those stones would be 2.4 pts each.

Ugghhh! Which one should I try? I''m thinking the smaller of the two, because I really don''t want to overpower my ring.
Did you happen to try on any shared prong? I''m still wondering if that would be perfect for you!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes I think you should try the slightly larger one. Esp since you tried one on at the jewelry store and liked it so much.

I do like the first band and it looks GREAT with your e-ring! The style is right!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think that one looks beautiful and perfect with your e-ring, but make sure to post pictures when/if you get the larger one.

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Isaac is sending me the larger one today so I should be able to post pics on Wed. It won''t be my size--matter of fact, I''m sure it''ll be very big on me. It''s a size 7 and my finger is a 4 3/4. But the stones in my size would be the same point size and the width and height of the band would be the same--it would just have fewer stones in it!

I''ll post pics on Wed to see what you ladies think!

And yes, I''ve considered shared prong--I absolutely love the look of them but I don''t like the "wavy" sides (I think they''d rub against my ering and not sit as nicely against it) and I worry more about chipping/losing stones from a shared prong than I would from a channel set. I never liked channel set until I saw SP''s--the stones are VERY close together and you don''t see those gaping spaces like you do in other channel set rounds.

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Look forward to seeing the other ring...hope you are enjoying your new ering. It is lovely!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results