shape
carat
color
clarity

South Charlotte PSers

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I''m screwed. Do you know of any gas stations that are still open? My gas light went on and everything around me is closed.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Isn''t it horrible?!?

I would call first but I would try
Texaco
8505 S Tryon St (NC-49) near I-485 exit 1

Texaco
421 Tyvola Rd (I-77 exit 5) & Westpark Dr

Texaco
15620 John J Delaney Dr & Johnston Rd (I-485 x61)

Those are according to gasbuddy.com

DH said the On the Go across from Stonecrest (on Rea) looked open. He is going to fill up right now. I can call him in a few to confirm.

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
I'm north of Charlotte, past Lowes Motor Speedway, and we are still doing pretty good out here. Only know of two stations out of gas. Not sure you want to drive so far, though.

ETA: Oops! Just realized you said your light was on. Sorry, out my way would definitely be too far.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I'll try the Texaco when BF gets home (around 10). I'm too scared to run out, even that close to home (the one on John J Delaney is right by me). Stonecrest might be a good option, too. Definitely let me know if he says it's open.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
oh geez...I know the BP by me on the corner of McKee and Weddington still had some...

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
He is going to fill up on the way home so I should know soon. Funny how he doesn't seem freaked by this. My neighbor said it will be bad for at least another week.

MMM, fill up girl!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I wasn''t worried until the stupid gas light went on. I *almost* filled up yesterday! Silly me, waiting for my paycheck. I''m leaving for a few days on Friday, so I really just have to make it until then, which I could easily do on 3 gallons. I just have to get somewhere to buy those 3 gallons.

I may try to convince BF to down past Rock Hill tonight and see if we can find something and fill up one of those two gallon red plastic things.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
DH had to use gas for the lawn mower (in a plastic container) this morning for his truck
20.gif
He always waits until E even though I have been telling him about the gas shortage for a week now. Not a bad idea to have one handy (if you have a garage).

princesss

Ideal_Rock
No garage here. We had one a while ago, but I don''t know where it went (the gas can, I don''t have a mysteriously disappearing garage). Ugh. I always fill up at half, but was running low $-wise and thought I could wait.

The crazy part is I''m driving down from DC with my dad next week in the Explorer he rented, and then he has to drive back up next weekend!
23.gif

I''m actually really glad he decided to pay for me to fly up to DC. Sure, I''m going via Kennedy, but I don''t have to find enough gas to leave the state.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, maybe sure you don''t leave the extra gas in your car. DH just got home. Stonecrest is open. He said the line was CRAZY but the owner is organizing it so it wasn''t too bad (can only enter from one side, leave from the other).

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I''m expecting a crazy line, but that gas station owner may be my personal hero in a few hours. BF should be home soon, so we can go then. I don''t even have enough gas to wait in line. Ugh. Plus I managed to get a killer headache (the worst I''ve had in years) so I''ve been curled up on my couch. No fun.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Okay, how''s this for a plan? BF can drop me off at work and I can get a ride with somebody home. He can take me/pick me up on Friday, and drop me at the airport. Then, when Dad and I are driving, I can get a 2 or 3 gallon gas can and fill it outside of Charlotte. That way we don''t have to deal with this craziness.

Or I just go and wait in the crazy line.

Either way, Tacori, thank you so much! You''ve been a huge help. (Btw, I really think it''s funny how close we live. I really would swear I''ve seen you around. BF makes fun of me because I keep an eye out for "that internet baby have a crush on". I hope that doesn''t make me sound like a total creeper! I promise I''m not.)

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL! You are so funny! You probably would freak out like she is some sort of celeb if you saw her.

Make sure your BF has enough gas! Also don''t drive too far with a container. I am a worrier and if you got rear ended
23.gif
32.gif
it would be bad. This shortage won''t last forever! I bet by the time you get back everything will be normal. Part of it is people freaking out. DH talked to the owner. He is doing the same amount of business but obviously running out each time (before the get refilled). DH''s truck was on E and he made it through the line. Maybe have BF drive by the one on John J b/c that is the closest to you. Or go to walmart and buy a gas can so your car will have a little gas in it. DH lasted all day on the 5 gallons he put in.

Good luck and hope you feel better!!!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
BF and I went to find a gas can...and there are none to be found! Haha. I guess that means I''m waiting. I''m much calmer now that I have a plan.

And I promise not to drive to far with a gas can. I''m actually going to see how things are doing when I come down. I''ll just have BF keep an eye on the gas stations and have him take the car if things calm down before I get back. A big part of the problem is definitely people freaking out and filling up everything they can find. *sigh*

And yeah, in my head, I''d definitely act like she''s a celebrity. I would be too worried that I''d sound like some weirdo to say anything, though. So I (not so) patiently wait for a GTG.
28.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hopefully the wait won''t be too long! It is scary b/c someday this might be a *reality*
38.gif
I think DH was worried about running out of gas while in line but I am sure if he did it would have NOT been the first time! The manager probably has a red can on stand by.

We should plan a GTG soon (though I probably would not bring T). Not unless I can bribe DH to come and whisk her away after lunch
11.gif
I am trying to imagine if she would LOVE the attention or get FREAKED out. Haha.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, I''m pretty excited that the weather is cooling down, because BF got me a bike for my birthday, so I can bike for groceries and almost everything but getting to work. I just need the okay from the doctors to really get back into shape.

Haha, I didn''t think you''d bring her to a GTG, but at least that way I''d be able to recognize *you* and not be some crazy woman pointing out your baby to BF. (Although, to be honest, he''s usually the one that spots the babies. I''m more focused on the diamonds.)

I definitely can''t wait for a GTG. It''s so funny to finally be someplace where I know there are other PSers around. I keep an eye out for jewelry I recognize, lol!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am glad it is cooling off too. T and I took a walk today (still need to lose that 10 lbs
15.gif
) Hopefully we can get Diane, Diamondseeker, and MoreMoreMore to join us. Hope I am not missing someone! There are a few pictures on me on here too so I am sure you would recognize me. Where did you move from?

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I moved from Virginia. I was going to school up there, and since my parents are overseas I didn''t have any of the cushion my friends have, and I ended up down here a whopping 2 days after graduation.

I found some of the pictures, and I really really feel like I''ve seen you around somewhere. I''ve got pictures of me up around here, and I''d say take a look at those, but my hair is WAY different now. If you ever see me around (especially at, say, World Market), though, say hi!

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/24/2008 10:47:01 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
I am glad it is cooling off too. T and I took a walk today (still need to lose that 10 lbs
15.gif
) Hopefully we can get Diane, Diamondseeker, and MoreMoreMore to join us. Hope I am not missing someone! There are a few pictures on me on here too so I am sure you would recognize me. Where did you move from?
I still plan to make it if at all possible. I have a friend who may need me to help out part-time at the business where she works...would be weekend work so I''ll try to plan around that if I can. I really want to make it to the GTG.

Princesss, I woke up this morning wondering if you got gas...lol... Did you see the news this morning?...people lined up blocking intersections and the police was called to break up fights....it''s crazy!!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Princesss, I pretty much *live* at Target (or at least my DH thinks so). I''ll look your picture up. We might of bumped into each other but I have a generic face (as in everyone knows or is related to someone who looks just like me) Must be hard having your parents so far away. Hope you got gas okay!

Diane, I think the sooner the better for a GTG. Once we get closer to the holidays life always becomes crazy. Hope you are feeling better. I would love to see your stunning halo IRL!
2.gif

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
I just wanted to say how cool it is that yall are in Charlotte! I''m in Raleigh, and I went to college in Charlotte! It''s just neat to see a city I actually know well to be mentioned in PS, when so much I usually see on here is in California or big cities like Chicago. Just wanted to chime in as a fellow NC resident!
9.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
So far, no gas. BF is being a complete hero and driving around trying to find me some. He''s over 3/4 of a tank, so he said he''d do his best to find me some. This is seriously nuts.

Tacori, I''m at Target all the time. (Almost as much as I''m at WM) I really bet we''ve seen each other and not known it.

And I definitely vote for a GTG soon. The holidays really are going to get nuts, so it''d be great if we can do something fairly soon.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
P, Did you decide not to go last night? I looked here last night. I guess I figure if they report the prices there *has* to be gas there.

I hardly go to WM anymore. Target is just so much easier for me. Where is your picture? I did a quick search but couldn''t find it.

luvthem, do you like Raleigh? There are a few PSers there too. I know they were talking about doing a GTG (not sure if they did).

princesss

Ideal_Rock
T, WM is definitely out of the way, but I loooooooove it, lol. And the food they have is awesome. There''s a picture of me in the "Show us the faces behind the screen names" thread...2nd to last page (I think) on the bottom. It was taken a while ago, so my hair is different, but it''s a decent shot of my face.

Good news! BF is in my car, in line at the BP to get me gas! Woohoo! Now I can go to frisbee tonight and not force the other girl on my team to play the whole 100 minutes two weeks in a row.

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Yes I like Raleigh a lot. The area is really nice, but just like Charlotte, it''s growing so fast and getting so congested and crowded. I technically live in Durham County (100 yards from the Wake County line - stupid Durham taxes!) but I work in Raleigh and most of what I do is there. My goal is to eventually within the next few years get out of this area - stay in the Triangle but get out of the city and find some quiet.

Do yall love Charlotte? It was such a beautiful city when I was there. UNCC wasn''t "in" the big part of the city, but everything was so accessible everywhere. And you could get out of the city in 10 minutes and be in the quiet if you wanted. I still have family near there, so I can visit whenever and go shopping and get some of my favorite Japanese restaurant''s food!!
3.gif

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
PS Tacori your avatar picture is so cute - she looks so much fun!!
1.gif

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/25/2008 8:10:12 AM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Princesss, I pretty much *live* at Target (or at least my DH thinks so). I''ll look your picture up. We might of bumped into each other but I have a generic face (as in everyone knows or is related to someone who looks just like me) Must be hard having your parents so far away. Hope you got gas okay!

Diane, I think the sooner the better for a GTG. Once we get closer to the holidays life always becomes crazy. Hope you are feeling better. I would love to see your stunning halo IRL!
2.gif
I do feel better, thank you very much...and so glad to be able to say that, too!! I''m pretty open right now with available time I can meet. Even if it''s thru the week I can take time off work. I have a lot to spare and will have to take more time or I''ll lose it, anyway....no better reason, huh? And the halo will be there, too....and I''ll assume you''ll be returning the favor by bringing not one, but several pieces of bling for me to drool over...
30.gif
right?

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/25/2008 10:24:49 AM
Author: princesss
T, WM is definitely out of the way, but I loooooooove it, lol. And the food they have is awesome. There''s a picture of me in the ''Show us the faces behind the screen names'' thread...2nd to last page (I think) on the bottom. It was taken a while ago, so my hair is different, but it''s a decent shot of my face.

Good news! BF is in my car, in line at the BP to get me gas! Woohoo! Now I can go to frisbee tonight and not force the other girl on my team to play the whole 100 minutes two weeks in a row.
princesss: you make me nervous! I was gonna tell you to have your BF pull over while you call the places on that link Tacori listed and see if they have gas insead of him using gas to find gas....you''re making me worry!....lol Glad he found you some!!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/25/2008 1:24:49 PM
Author: dianne

T, WM is definitely out of the way, but I loooooooove it, lol. And the food they have is awesome. There''s a picture of me in the ''Show us the faces behind the screen names'' thread...2nd to last page (I think) on the bottom. It was taken a while ago, so my hair is different, but it''s a decent shot of my face.

princesss: you make me nervous! I was gonna tell you to have your BF pull over while you call the places on that link Tacori listed and see if they have gas insead of him using gas to find gas....you''re making me worry!....lol Glad he found you some!!
I was actually calling him to tell him to stop looking when he said he was in line. He said he was on his way home and was going to quit when he saw a tanker filling up a gas station right by me, so he got in my car and got in line. I am now the proud owner of a full tank of gas.

I''ve definitely learned my lesson. No more waiting til payday just to keep a little cushion in the bank account. It''s not worth the stress.

By the way, it''s good to hear that you''re feeling better. I''ve been thinking about you and hoping things have been going well.

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/25/2008 2:21:35 PM

Date: 9/25/2008 1:24:49 PM
Author: dianne

I was actually calling him to tell him to stop looking when he said he was in line. He said he was on his way home and was going to quit when he saw a tanker filling up a gas station right by me, so he got in my car and got in line. I am now the proud owner of a full tank of gas.

I''ve definitely learned my lesson. No more waiting til payday just to keep a little cushion in the bank account. It''s not worth the stress.

By the way, it''s good to hear that you''re feeling better. I''ve been thinking about you and hoping things have been going well.
Thank you, princesss, I appreciate you thinking of me...and I''m gonna do all I can to attend the GTG...whenever we decide it will be...lol! When did you ever think you would be using the words "I am now the proud owner of a full tank of gas"...that cracked me up!!!...sad but true statement!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results