shape
carat
color
clarity

South Bay GTG in September?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thought I''d throw this out there. We discussed it a while back so I thought I''d see what you all think.

ALSO.... has anyone done business with or had any dealings with or heard anything about "The Jewel Box" jewlers in Campbell? Right on the corner of Hamilton and Bascom, I think.

I made a little purchase there today (will post on colored stone thread). And really liked the service and people. And their custom work looked very nice (they had a couple people come in and pick up custom pieces-- they let me loupe them).

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Gypsy,
It looks like I''m only available on the 15th or 16th. Hope that works out but if not, maybe we can do another one before the end of the year. I had so much fun at the last one, I''d love to get together w/ everyone again.

What ideas do you have? Santana and Valley Fair? Besides Tiffany''s are there any other good jewelers at VF?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
At VF is another good jeweler... CH premire. Smallish store but they carry a lot of designer lines including Daniel K. I''ve only been to Santana Row for regular shopping or lunch, but I have seen a couple jewelry stores there. THough I''ve never been there.

I''m hoping someone more familiar with the area will lead the expedition... Mara, FG, AN?
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i met up with some of the PS south bay gals last summer at santana for a low-key afternoon of fun...we had lunch at Thea, and then did Dercos and then walked over to VF where they have BBB, C&H and tiffany. it was a pretty full afternoon...i think we did it on a saturday. so there is much to be seen over in Santana and VF area if you want to look at bling.

the other option is meeting at stanford in PA which is a bit more in the middle for more peninsula and SB, and checking out the jewelry stores at the outdoor mall there, and also there is that store that art nouveau showed us which i can''t remember the name of? it''s a small vintage store with the most amazing pieces. we spent a lot of time in there. but not sure if they are open on wkds or not.

the last 1/2 of september is probably better for me than the first half in terms of getting together.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I personally am up for either of Mara''s suggestions... but the Palo Alto one has more appeal for me personally if we can go to the vintage store AN knows of.

As for timing... I''m pretty free NOW, but I''ve got two other events that I need to schedule in september, and as this is the only group one that is going to be hardest to plan timing wise so I''d like to plan this one first... then the others around it. Early October works for me too.

Labor weekend is totally out though... and so, probably is the weekend after. My birthday is Sept. 2nd so I''m not sure which weekend we are going to do something.

Anyone else want to chime in on

A) Preferrence for either Santana Row/ VF or Stanford/Palo Alto, an

B) a weekend day?

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
I think both ideas are cool, doesn''t really matter to me. Is there a Tiffany''s at Stanford? If there are enough jewelers there then that would be fun, if the weather is nice that is.

I''m open the 15th and 16th, and then I''m open on the 23rd (sunday) - we have guest leaving very early that day so Sunday will work. All of the other weekends are busy - it''s a very busy month!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I might be able to come if its in PA. Saturdays are the only days that work for me though, and I think the 15th/16th would be better than the 22nd (DH''s birthday).

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
15th and 16th work for me. So do the 6th and 7th of October. Palo Altos great too.

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
I am OOT 9/15-16. But should be back in after the 17th for a good long while.

Darren McClung is the store Mara is thinking of and it''s fantastic. Yup, there sure is a Tiffany in Stanford Mall - right near the LV store and a short walk to Cartier!

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/16/2007 6:35:38 PM
Author:Gypsy
Thought I''d throw this out there. We discussed it a while back so I thought I''d see what you all think.

ALSO.... has anyone done business with or had any dealings with or heard anything about ''The Jewel Box'' jewlers in Campbell? Right on the corner of Hamilton and Bascom, I think.

I made a little purchase there today (will post on colored stone thread). And really liked the service and people. And their custom work looked very nice (they had a couple people come in and pick up custom pieces-- they let me loupe them).
I have not but I did see and example of their work on a girl''s ering. It was a Vera Wang setting. She told me she got a very good price.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I think October 6-7 would work for me as well, if that''s easier for people - sounds like more people have free time then?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/20/2007 9:59:38 PM
Author: Beacon

ALSO.... has anyone done business with or had any dealings with or heard anything about ''The Jewel Box'' jewlers in Campbell? Right on the corner of Hamilton and Bascom, I think.

I have not but I did see and example of their work on a girl''s ering. It was a Vera Wang setting. She told me she got a very good price.
Their prices seemed very fair.

I had a really long talk with a man there... Tom, Tim, started with a T... possibily? My memory is swiss cheese with names. He was ''in charge'' don''t know if he was the owner... but he was certain the brain and PR of the operation. There was also a gentlemanly older man, and a young woman. Talked to them all, and was really comfortable. They have sarin machines, CAD, and a bunch of other technology that we generally like and were very happy that an educated customer had walked in the door.

It was a really nice experience. I''m thinking of doing some business with them. I didn''t care much of the stuff they had on display... it wasn''t as fancy a shop as some... it was quite modest while still being nice. But their customer service was really spot on.

angeline

Ideal_Rock
I''d love to join in ! Have no idea when I''m avaiable, we''re trying to have vacation in Sept, but if I possibly can, I will be there! I would so love to meet you people!

I shop at the Wholefoods where the Jewel Box is all the time so I browse in there a lot. Never bought anything though. They seem friendly and knowledgeable enough.

a

angeline

Ideal_Rock

I''m amazed that I could have walked right by you gypsy! By the way did you loupe the people or the pieces?
9.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/21/2007 11:18:21 PM
Author: angeline

I''m amazed that I could have walked right by you gypsy! By the way did you loupe the people or the pieces?
9.gif

LOL. Both!
3.gif

But I was more interested in the bead set work.
9.gif

I''m thinking of venturing back there soon. Maybe I''ll drop you a note when I''m planning on it.
2.gif

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/21/2007 11:48:12 PM
Author: Gypsy
Date: 8/21/2007 11:18:21 PM

Author: angeline

Thought I'd throw this out there. We discussed it a while back so I thought I'd see what you all think.

ALSO.... has anyone done business with or had any dealings with or heard anything about 'The Jewel Box' jewlers in Campbell? Right on the corner of Hamilton and Bascom, I think.

I'm amazed that I could have walked right by you gypsy! By the way did you loupe the people or the pieces?
9.gif

LOL. Both!
3.gif

But I was more interested in the bead set work.
9.gif

I'm thinking of venturing back there soon. Maybe I'll drop you a note when I'm planning on it.
2.gif

Please do! I live only a few minutes from there.

a

ETA: It could be the South Bay's smallest ever GTG
9.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL. I''ll definitely give you a heads up then!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results