shape
carat
color
clarity

Sounds kind of strange to me...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Well I rarely take my e-ring off except to clean it, and I noticed a little while ago that the stamp inside the ring is mostly polished away. I know it is platinum, but never thought to look inside to see the stamp (I was told it was PT 950). Is it strange that the goldsmith would have polished away this stamp? I can only somewhat make out the "PT" but not the numbers next to it. Sounds a little fishy to me, but I was wondering if this is something that happens often when a ring is resized??

Thanks in advance
1.gif

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
The ring that I had..which I talked about losing in another thread...had been resized and in the process of resizing it the hallmark had been completely polished away. I knew it was 14k gold but had no intentions of ever selling it so it really didn''t bother me too much. Plus I had the appraisal for it so if I ever had to have any work performed on it I had the appraisal to show that it was 14k. Other than that I really don''t know if it''s something "fishy". That''s the only ring I had ever had resized.

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
no--my old e-ring was a an absolute hunk of platinum and pave and was custom made.......appraised twice..........never even stamped except the "R" of the maker----------stamps are just stamps

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
After I first received my ring, part of the stamp was polished away, so I think this can happen while resizing as well.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone, just glad to know that it isn''t unusual!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results