Sorry for the Late Post

dawnabee

Shiny_Rock
Wooowwww congrats!!! Truly beautiful and soo happy for you
36.gif
36.gif

PearlDahhhling

Brilliant_Rock
You ring is so beautiful and it looks HUGE on you! Congratulations on your engagement!

PavePrincess

Shiny_Rock
Thank You Round halo lover, MayFlowers, Pushin40, dawnabee, PearlDahhhling! I''ve been cleaning my ring daily because I''m obsessed with it.. But after looking at all of the amazing jewelry on Pricescope I''ve become obsessed with diamonds. I''ve already told the fiance what my future projects are and he thinks I''m crazy. Don''t get me wrong, I LOVE my E-ring, but after being on Pricescope how could you not lust for more diamonds. I don''t plan on ordering more in the near future.. but eventually..
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif

Also, stay tuned. I plan on making a trip to whole foods at some point to pick up some flowers. A photo shoot for my E-ring is a must..
36.gif

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
pave.. how do you clean your pave e-ring everyday? I want to keep my e-ring clean when I get it. I dunno how to clean it because I'm scared the pave diamonds will fall out. How do you do it? Thanks in advance!
30.gif

PavePrincess

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/10/2010 11:58:06 PM
Author: beezygal
pave.. how do you clean your pave e-ring everyday? I want to keep my e-ring clean when I get it. I dunno how to clean it because I''m scared the pave diamonds will fall out. How do you do it? Thanks in advance!
30.gif

So I''ve read up A LOT on ultrasonic cleaners and I''m still torn over whether to get one. I don''t think I''d mind so much if my "local jeweler" wasn''t 3,000 miles away since I know they''d reset any lost melee, but I can''t imagine wearing my E-Ring with a missing stone. So, I''m still deciding whether or not I want to get an ultrasonic in addition to my current cleaning regimen.

Currently, I just mix some Dawn with hot water and let my E-Ring hang out in there for 20 min or so. I bought a baby toothbrush (with very soft bristles) for $1.50 from Walmart. After soaking, I dip my baby toothbrush in there and lightly scrub my entire ring. I rinse in warm water then finish off the process with my jewel jet steam cleaner. With the steam cleaner there are no watermarks and it makes my pave sparkle and dazzle. I know my jewel jet may blast loose pave out of my ring, but currently I feel as though this is the safest way to clean my ring.

Knowing me, and how I am, I''ll probably buy an ultrasonic and do the soak once a week. I just love how my ring sparkles and dances in the sun.. Can''t imagine a single one of the melee being dirty and not sparkling. I know you feel me! Haha! I can''t wait until you''re engaged (is that weird?). I know you''re going to obsess over your ring (just like me)! I remember you being worried about muffin top, as was I, but after wearing my ring for a few days I realized that I needed to sacrifice a little muffin top in order to avoid the spinning and flopping. Butterfly springs are amazing if you have this problem, but if your ring i just slightly loose I''d recommend sizing BARS (not beads, they''re uncomfortable). Wahhhh - I love diamonds!
12.gif

Should Be Studying

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/11/2010 12:26:24 AM
Author: PavePrincess
Date: 6/10/2010 11:58:06 PM

pave.. how do you clean your pave e-ring everyday? I want to keep my e-ring clean when I get it. I dunno how to clean it because I'm scared the pave diamonds will fall out. How do you do it? Thanks in advance!
30.gif

So I've read up A LOT on ultrasonic cleaners and I'm still torn over whether to get one. I don't think I'd mind so much if my 'local jeweler' wasn't 3,000 miles away since I know they'd reset any lost melee, but I can't imagine wearing my E-Ring with a missing stone. So, I'm still deciding whether or not I want to get an ultrasonic in addition to my current cleaning regimen.

Currently, I just mix some Dawn with hot water and let my E-Ring hang out in there for 20 min or so. I bought a baby toothbrush (with very soft bristles) for $1.50 from Walmart. After soaking, I dip my baby toothbrush in there and lightly scrub my entire ring. I rinse in warm water then finish off the process with my jewel jet steam cleaner. With the steam cleaner there are no watermarks and it makes my pave sparkle and dazzle. I know my jewel jet may blast loose pave out of my ring, but currently I feel as though this is the safest way to clean my ring.

Knowing me, and how I am, I'll probably buy an ultrasonic and do the soak once a week. I just love how my ring sparkles and dances in the sun.. Can't imagine a single one of the melee being dirty and not sparkling. I know you feel me! Haha! I can't wait until you're engaged (is that weird?). I know you're going to obsess over your ring (just like me)! I remember you being worried about muffin top, as was I, but after wearing my ring for a few days I realized that I needed to sacrifice a little muffin top in order to avoid the spinning and flopping. Butterfly springs are amazing if you have this problem, but if your ring i just slightly loose I'd recommend sizing BARS (not beads, they're uncomfortable). Wahhhh - I love diamonds!
12.gif

From what I understand, ultrasonics are not meant for pave. I have pave on my ring, and I bought a steam cleaner (the Jewel Jet). I love it! There are a lot of threads about this, from what I remember. Maybe do a search?

ETA: Oops, sorry I just read your whole response and saw you already have a steam cleaner. From what I understand the steam cleaner is safe for the pave.

PavePrincess

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/11/2010 12:39:44 AM
Author: Should Be Studying

From what I understand, ultrasonics are not meant for pave. I have pave on my ring, and I bought a steam cleaner (the Jewel Jet). I love it! There are a lot of threads about this, from what I remember. Maybe do a search?

ETA: Oops, sorry I just read your whole response and saw you already have a steam cleaner. From what I understand the steam cleaner is safe for the pave.

Thank you for your insight Should Be Studying - Sigh, I''ve read through nearly every thread on ultrasonics and pave. There are so many conflicting opinions.. We''ll see.. I''m a student so I probably shouldn''t be buying any other gadgets anytime soon. Also, my current cleaning regimen has been working out quite nicely so we''ll see how i feel in the coming months!
35.gif

Should Be Studying

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/11/2010 1:03:19 AM
Date: 6/11/2010 12:39:44 AM

Author: Should Be Studying

Thank you for your insight Should Be Studying - Sigh, I''ve read through nearly every thread on ultrasonics and pave. There are so many conflicting opinions.. We''ll see.. I''m a student so I probably shouldn''t be buying any other gadgets anytime soon. Also, my current cleaning regimen has been working out quite nicely so we''ll see how i feel in the coming months!
35.gif

LOL, I completely understand! It took me about 8 months to buy a Jewel Jet, because I am a student, too. I also use the Dawn/warm water mixture, and to be honest I only use the Jewel Jet like once a month (mostly to clean out underneath, because it''s an open setting).

Enjoy your beautiful ring, I am sure it will sparkle no matter what
1.gif

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
ya... I heard you can't clean your pave ring using ultrasonic. Steam cleaner looks good, that's what they use in the store. I googled Jewel Jet. It's good that it doesn't use any chemical. I'm wondering if it is THAT safe to use steam cleaner since it's so powerful, it might make the pave become loose? what do you think?

should be studying... I like your idea of just cleaning with the steam cleaner once a month and just use warm water/dawn other times.

PavePrincess

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/11/2010 1:15:44 AM
ya... I heard you can''t clean your pave ring using ultrasonic. Steam cleaner looks good, that''s what they use in the store. I googled Jewel Jet. It''s good that it doesn''t use any chemical. I''m wondering if it is THAT safe to use steam cleaner since it''s so powerful, it might make the pave become loose? what do you think?

should be studying... I like your idea of just cleaning with the steam cleaner once a month and just use warm water/dawn other times.

Should be Studying - Congrats! I read some of your past posts and I assume you''ve graduated and are studying for the bar? I just finished my first year..
1.gif
Isn''t it funny how law school is amazingly interesting and the most stressful experience all at the same time!
32.gif
I get paid $10 an hour as a research assistant.. HUGE! LoL! So that means I need to work while to buy anything.. Sigh.. What does your setting look like? How do you resist not blasting your ring with the jewel jet every few days? I just cleared off a special place on my counter for my jewel jet and I''m just in love!
30.gif

Beezy - I bought my jewel jet on ebay for $73. Totally worth it and completely AMAZING. I''m not saying that I "know" you, but from what you''ve posted you sound awfully similar to me and I''m not sure if you will be able to resist blasting your E-ring everyday. I don''t think it will make the pave loose, especially since my local jeweler uses a steam cleaner. If anything it would just dislodge an already loose stone. I''m just hoping that the little basket will catch any loose stones. Sigh I''m a crow and I love sparkly things.. i just need to keep my ring at its optimum shine.. LOVE!

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/11/2010 1:36:28 AM

Should be Studying - Congrats! I read some of your past posts and I assume you''ve graduated and are studying for the bar? I just finished my first year..
1.gif
Isn''t it funny how law school is amazingly interesting and the most stressful experience all at the same time!
32.gif
I get paid $10 an hour as a research assistant.. HUGE! LoL! So that means I need to work while to buy anything.. Sigh.. What does your setting look like? How do you resist not blasting your ring with the jewel jet every few days? I just cleared off a special place on my counter for my jewel jet and I''m just in love!
30.gif

Beezy - I bought my jewel jet on ebay for $73. Totally worth it and completely AMAZING. I''m not saying that I ''know'' you, but from what you''ve posted you sound awfully similar to me and I''m not sure if you will be able to resist blasting your E-ring everyday. I don''t think it will make the pave loose, especially since my local jeweler uses a steam cleaner. If anything it would just dislodge an already loose stone. I''m just hoping that the little basket will catch any loose stones. Sigh I''m a crow and I love sparkly things.. i just need to keep my ring at its optimum shine.. LOVE!
HA... You DO know me kinda... because not only do I want to be blasting my e-ring everyday... I also want to blast my diamond earrings and RHR. I think I want to blast my mom''s diamonds too. lol. However, I try to resist blasting my e-ring.. ''cuz of the pave stones. I already told my bf I want a stream cleaner for my b-day, which is in Sept. He''s like "i''m sure.. after wearing your ring for 2 weeks, you don''t care about it anymore..." I''m like.... "a ring that costs that much??? NO WAY!!! I want it to be clean and sparkly ALL THE TIME..."

How come everyone seems to be doing law now?

My bf is a lawyer (graduated 2 years ago)... he works for the government, doing municipal law for the city. Do you guys know what kinda law you want to be specialized in after you graduated? Maybe too early to ask?
26.gif

PavePrincess

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/11/2010 1:50:49 AM

1.gif
32.gif
30.gif

Beezy - I bought my jewel jet on ebay for $73. Totally worth it and completely AMAZING. I''m not saying that I ''know'' you, but from what you''ve posted you sound awfully similar to me and I''m not sure if you will be able to resist blasting your E-ring everyday. I don''t think it will make the pave loose, especially since my local jeweler uses a steam cleaner. If anything it would just dislodge an already loose stone. I''m just hoping that the little basket will catch any loose stones. Sigh I''m a crow and I love sparkly things.. i just need to keep my ring at its optimum shine.. LOVE!

HA... You DO know me kinda... because not only do I want to be blasting my e-ring everyday... I also want to blast my diamond earrings and RHR. I think I want to blast my mom''s diamonds too. lol. However, I try to resist blasting my e-ring.. ''cuz of the pave stones. I already told my bf I want a stream cleaner for my b-day, which is in Sept. He''s like ''i''m sure.. after wearing your ring for 2 weeks, you don''t care about it anymore...'' I''m like.... ''a ring that costs that much??? NO WAY!!! I want it to be clean and sparkly ALL THE TIME...''

How come everyone seems to be doing law now?

My bf is a lawyer (graduated 2 years ago)... he works for the government, doing municipal law for the city. Do you guys know what kinda law you want to be specialized in after you graduated? Maybe too early to ask?
26.gif

I blast my earrings and RHR everyday.. My E-ring gets special attention, but the others need to be pretty and sparkly too! Eventually I may cut back to once or twice a week, but I''m still in the honeymoon ring phase.. It''s so funny how I really didn''t care too much about diamonds before pricescope.. I''ve been wearing my 1.5ctw earrings for 8 years now and haven''t cleaned them more than once a month! I also bought my mom a jewel jet because I know how she loves to clean her ring. She has a beautiful chunky ring with a marquise.. Someday I will take a picture of it on my hand, but honestly it looks ridiculous and makes my fingers look like kid fingers X 10!

I''ve wanted to be a lawyer since I was.. 16
9.gif
. Ridiculous I know, but the law intrigues me. I always thought I''d go into corporate law because I come from a family of accountants and business people (majored in business and got my MBA), but criminal law is SO INTERESTING. I''m a research assistant for my Crim Law professor this summer so we''ll see..

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
I think criminal law can be interesting too... but my bf thinks it''s boring... I''m like... isn''t municipal law MORE boring? Oh well.
38.gif
That''s why I think. That''s good you decide to follow your dream to become a lawyer since you were 16. I always know I wanted to study music ever since I was like... starting high school. My friends are like "it''s so good you can study what you like and make it as your career." Not a lot of people can do it. I''m glad you''re like me too.

Should Be Studying

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/11/2010 1:15:44 AM

ya... I heard you can''t clean your pave ring using ultrasonic. Steam cleaner looks good, that''s what they use in the store. I googled Jewel Jet. It''s good that it doesn''t use any chemical. I''m wondering if it is THAT safe to use steam cleaner since it''s so powerful, it might make the pave become loose? what do you think?

1.gif
32.gif
30.gif

Sorry for replying so late, PavePrincess. Yes, you are right...just graduated, studying for the Bar now. Congrats on finishing your first year! Trust me, the next two years will FLY by, so enjoy them (as much as you can enjoy law school, lol). It is great that you are doing something you love. And I am sure you are learning so much from being a research assistant, even if the pay is not too great
40.gif
. My ring is a pave halo, with a round brilliant. I don''t blast it every few days because I keep the Jewel jet in the box, so it''s too much of a hassle to take it out and set it up all the time. Plus, I''m just too busy! And I''ve had it for a year now, so some of the novelty has worn off (but of course I still love it!). I don''t blame you for cleaning it all the time though, so nice to see it extra sparkly
9.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results