shape
carat
color
clarity

Sorry for disappearing lately, ladies....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
...been busy interviewing and working on life!! I''m hoping for one particular job, cross your fingers for me, I have to go back in tomorrow and take another 3-hour personality profile to see if I''m a good match for the company. Lame, right? You''d think if they looked at your qualifications instead of your personality test they wouldn''t be looking for their third assistant in one year.
20.gif
But it''s both fulltime and a pay raise, so I''m hoping for it anyway!!
1.gif

Question: if you''re on a wedding-planning website, what are your favorite aspects of that site(s)? What do you NOT like about them? What would your dream, ideal wedding-planning website include? (I may be doing a little sump''in-sump''in on the side...
31.gif
)

jenwill

Brilliant_Rock
Fingers are crossed for GoldenGirl! I hope that they offer it to you, at the salaray you want, and that it turns out to be the most fabulous position!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Good Luck GG! I''ll be thinking of you!!!

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
GG - We have missed you!!! I really hope the job works out for you.. I''m a psych. masters student and yes.. personality profiles are totally lame and bogus. They are supposed to be alble to tell the company if you''re like a psycho or not.. but I''m sure they are not very acurrate. i don''t have any direct experience with them, but I''ve heard about them a lot.. and they all sound stupid. So try not to answer the questions as if you were a psychopath.
1.gif

As for wedding planning websites.. I really only go on theknot.com and occassionally weddingchannel.com. What I like about both of them are the gown searches (Although they could be more detailed.. the gown search on bridesave.com is ideal, actually). Wedding channel.com is impossible to navagate, and you can save things to "your scrapbook" but it took me 15 minutes to FIND my scrapbook yesterday, and then once you get to it, you can''t just scroll through the stuff in it, you have to individually click on each link. Super annoying. The knot notebook is a lot better. And I also LOVE the bios on the knot. What I hate most about the knot are the message boards. They are retarded. things that get replied to don''t get bumped up, so no matter how interesting a post is, it gets buried in like 3 hours, so everyone reposts everything 15 times. BAD. That and the whole setup of the forum. If you want a forum on a website... get a reall BB software (LIKE THIS FANTASTIC ONE!) don''t just use html.. crappy.

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Ooooh good luck with the jobs! I''ve FINALLY motivated myself to start writing my cover letters and all of that (hmmm...how many months after i probably should''ve started?!) so I know how stressful that whole process is! Good luck!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
good luck GG... i''ve been hoping that you would have some great new job prospects!

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/2/2005 1:35:35 PM
Author: MelissaSue

As for wedding planning websites.. I really only go on theknot.com and occassionally weddingchannel.com. What I like about both of them are the gown searches (Although they could be more detailed.. the gown search on bridesave.com is ideal, actually). Wedding channel.com is impossible to navagate, and you can save things to ''your scrapbook'' but it took me 15 minutes to FIND my scrapbook yesterday, and then once you get to it, you can''t just scroll through the stuff in it, you have to individually click on each link. Super annoying. The knot notebook is a lot better. And I also LOVE the bios on the knot. What I hate most about the knot are the message boards. They are retarded. things that get replied to don''t get bumped up, so no matter how interesting a post is, it gets buried in like 3 hours, so everyone reposts everything 15 times. BAD. That and the whole setup of the forum. If you want a forum on a website... get a reall BB software (LIKE THIS FANTASTIC ONE!) don''t just use html.. crappy.

MS: Thus far I''m with phpBB, which I like... I''d get vBulletin but I don''t have the $$ right now, and anyway phpBB is supposed to be releasing a new version in the next couple months which has most of the features that make vB worth paying for.
2.gif
So got that covered... I hate the BB style at TK too.
14.gif

I don''t have any experience with TK notebook, I''ll have to go investigate that. I understand what you mean about WC''s scrapbook, though, I had the same problem!
1.gif

wcitygirl

Rough_Rock
GG -- Good luck on the job hunt! I know it can be tough. I might be right there with you in a few months!
2.gif

As far as what I like/don''t like about wedding websites: I LOVE that I can browse through the locations and dresses and whatnot. I get frustrated when things I really like disappear. For example, there was a venue I was checking out and I really loved it (not that I''m engaged OR have a date OR anything, but....) and I went back a week later and it was gone. I also hate when things don''t have websites (esp. venues), but I don''t know that there is anything that can be done about that unless you wanted to hike out there yourself! Hahahaha. Overall, I like TK, but the thing that frustrates me is when you veer from venues, dresses, ie: Major things, everything turns into crap. Great example: favors. I wanted some genuine favor ideas and they have really random things. (At least last time I checked.)

Just my two cents! Hope that helps!

heartsonfire

Shiny_Rock
GG: Good luck job hunting. (((positive vibes))) coming your way. I have to start looking for a short term job too. I am planning to work while I visit my family. I will be there for 1/4 year so I will have enough time. I don''t want to be bored when I''m there.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
GG! I hope your hunting goes well. Keep your chin up and exhibit some fabulous self confidence. Let us know if you find something that suits your talents!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
GG, you are so driven, bright, and together that I know you will tackle and master any job in your path--and I hope this one is it!! (Not to mention the little sumpin-sumpin on the side??!!)

Hope the icky 3 hour test went well and that you have an offer SOON! They''d be lucky to have you!

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks ladies, you girls are the BEST!! I was supposed to go back for the follow-up this AM but it got rescheduled for next Tues. Ah, well.

As to the sump''in-sump''in... leonid and I are collaborating on a wedding planning website to complement Pricescope.
9.gif
It''s still in its infancy, but as soon as I get all the bugs worked out you girls will be the first to know!!!
2.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
GG, I suspected it''d be something like that. AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Oh how fun! And good luck with all the interveiws GG! I was so happy when i finally qualified for health insurance at my first job!

As for the wedding site... The one thing that i would die without right now is the guest list on TK. That has been such a life saver for me and my mom. We live an hour away from each other now and we have both been able to use it. I''ll enter names, she''ll add in addresses, we can double check each other and there arent 500 versions of the list for us to wonder what the last one was. The other features the list has seem like they will prove worth-while too... tracking thank you cards, presents, seating arrangements, who''s coming to the rehersal, shower, etc.

TK''s budget calculator is nice too.

And echo everyone else on a chat-friendly board. PS has spoiled me!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2005 3:59:57 PM
Author: goldengirl
... leonid and I are collaborating on a wedding planning website to complement Pricescope.
9.gif
It's still in its infancy, but as soon as I get all the bugs worked out you girls will be the first to know!!!
2.gif
4.gif
I'm not doing anything. Goldengirl, don't surprise me like that
emdgust.gif

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry, leonid. I do appreciate your advice thus far!!!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results