shape
carat
color
clarity

Soooo tired of waiting!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mountainman99

Rough_Rock
Same old, same old, but I just have to vent my frustrations:) I''''ve been checking my email and my order status repeatedly, but to no avail. The ETA for Excel to get my setting to GOG is tomorrow, but there hasn''''t been an update
Patience is definitely a virtue I should work on:) I''''m just so anxious to see what all my research, waiting, and funds have amounted to. I don''''t even want to think about what sitting on this ring for a month is going to be like!

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
I feel your pain. Once you order a diamond and setting, every step seems to take an eternity. Maybe that''s why they call them eternity rings. LOL. I''m sure once you see the finished product, you will feel it has been worth the wait!

RxTechRN2b

Brilliant_Rock
Patience is something I''m no good at and probably never will be. Just don''t pray that you''ll learn to be patient, because then you''ll be given some more situations that require you to be patient! What is your ring going to be like? Does your girlfriend know anything about it?

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
You know what I do when I''m waiting for something and need to kill time? Pricescope. Just go through every post on "Show Me The Ring" and I''ll bet time will fly faster than you think!
3.gif

On a different note, you should put a picture in your avatar. With the handle "mountainman99," I''m picturing the Brawny papertowel man. Am I close?

mountainman99

Rough_Rock
The ring is just a superbcert tiffany solitaire replica and I got the diamond from GOG. It''s nothing too fancy, but I think it''s appropriate for a girl that barely wears earrings:) She has no idea I''ve done this, so I''m pretty anxious.

As for my avatar, I probably look more like a young grizzly adams than the brawny paper towel guy, but I had to hide my identity, and that username was the first that popped into my head:razz: Still no word from Excel though... maybe tomorrow
7.gif

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
It''s sweet that you are so excited about the proposal and the ring. Can''t wait to see pics on her hand
2.gif

mountainman99

Rough_Rock
The end is in sight now. Barry from Excel Diamonds just let me know that the setting will ship very soon:) Depending on how long it takes GOG to set the stone, I may have the ring next week. I''m so excited!

mountainman99

Rough_Rock
GOG has the setting! They said I''ll be receiving the ring on Monday! Life is good
10.gif

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/18/2008 10:52:02 AM
Author: mountainman99
GOG has the setting! They said I''ll be receiving the ring on Monday! Life is good
10.gif

9.gif
oh cool!! Well you know you have to post pics right?
9.gif

mountainman99

Rough_Rock
Date: 7/18/2008 11:50:40 AM
Author: angeline
Date: 7/18/2008 10:52:02 AM

Author: mountainman99

10.gif

9.gif
oh cool!! Well you know you have to post pics right?
9.gif

Absolutely
36.gif

mountainman99

Rough_Rock
Sooooo not tired of waiting anymore:) I got the ring Saturday morning, and everything just fell into place from there. We hiked to about 11,600 feet above sea level and as we sat overlooking the church we want to get married in, I asked her if she would marry me. She was speechless. It was such a huge surprise to her that she just couldn''t believe it was happening. After grounding herself, she said yes:) So, now I have pictures! The first picture below was taken from where I proposed, the second, third, and fourth are of her ring, and the last one is of the church where we hope to get married.

http://bp2.blogger.com/_iCaFljJuftg/SIS3F5tV8ZI/AAAAAAAAASM/wxrNDOOI9Sk/s1600-h/DSCF0068.JPG
http://bp0.blogger.com/_iCaFljJuftg/SIS3XYM5y-I/AAAAAAAAASU/AGj1XESOdDA/s1600-h/DSCF0085.JPG
http://bp2.blogger.com/_iCaFljJuftg/SIUrMLu7U7I/AAAAAAAAASs/BJRinaXveV4/s1600-h/DSCF0084.JPG
http://bp3.blogger.com/_iCaFljJuftg/SIUsNsXuH1I/AAAAAAAAAS0/D10z42qarZM/s1600-h/DSCF0082.JPG
http://bp1.blogger.com/_iCaFljJuftg/SIS8AYsiz9I/AAAAAAAAASc/6N-4q5BOG9s/s1600-h/63088200.5aiKZZta.0605240069A1.jpg

Thanks again to everyone that was so helpful. The ring is seriously awesome!

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
That church looks like something straight off of a postcard! Very gorgeous... ring and location :)

Elegant

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, conrats, and where in the world are those beautiful pictures taken please?

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Stunning ring! Stunning proposal! Stunning view! Stunning stunning stunning!! Well done!!

mountainman99

Rough_Rock
Date: 7/21/2008 8:56:08 PM
Author: Elegant
Yeah, conrats, and where in the world are those beautiful pictures taken please?
Thank you! The pictures were taken near Estes Park, Colorado. I actually proposed within Rocky Mountain National Park. Colorado is a pretty cool state:)

Elegant

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the info - I must make a mental note to visit Colorado sometime! I am not very well traveled, so...it might be a while!

Oh, and btw...I meant CONGRATS, not conrats...grrr....
9.gif

AnitaT

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/21/2008 9:00:03 PM
Author: honey22
Stunning ring! Stunning proposal! Stunning view! Stunning stunning stunning!! Well done!!
Congratulations! I am very happy for you both! It sounds like everything was perfect
9.gif

kboggs315

Shiny_Rock
WOW....what an awesome way to set up the rest of your lives as a couple! Congratulations!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Wow! that has to be The prettiest church I have ever seen.
Congrats on a great proposal story and really pretty choice of ring.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results