shape
carat
color
clarity

somethig different for your enjoyment

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
I thought the fellow P.Scopers may enjoy this.

I rescued a human today.
Her eyes met mine as she walked down the corridor peering apprehensively into the kennels. I felt her need instantly and knew I had to help her.
I wagged my tail, not too exuberantly, so she wouldn’t be afraid. As she stopped at my kennel I blocked her view from a little accident I had in the back of my cage. I didn’t want her to know that I hadn’t been walked today. Sometimes the shelter keepers get too busy and I didn’t want her to think poorly of them.
As she read my kennel card I hoped that she wouldn’t feel sad about my past. I only have the future to look forward to and want to make a difference in someone’s life.
She got down on her knees and made little kissy sounds at me. I shoved my shoulder and side of my head up against the bars to comfort her. Gentle fingertips caressed my neck; she was desperate for companionship. A tear fell down her cheek and I raised my paw to assure her that all would be well.
Soon my kennel door opened and her smile was so bright that I instantly jumped into her arms. I would promise to keep her safe. I would promise to always be by her side. I would promise to do everything I could to see that radiant smile and sparkle in her eyes.
I was so fortunate that she came down my corridor. So many more are out there who haven’t walked the corridors. So many more to be saved. At least I could save one.
I rescued a human today.

---Janine Allen

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
ok, i''m crying....i love this. and its so true.

movie zombie

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Tears, tears, tears from me! This is so sweet, and so true! My darling was a rescue from a shelter, and he really has saved my mom from loneliness and sadness as her children have grown up. I can''t wait ''til I live somewhere where I can adopt a dog!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Oh that is just one of the sweetest things ever :)

girlie-girl

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my... being the tender hearted soul and dog lover that I am, I had to pause for a few to let the tears clear before I could see to type.
blusher.gif

I absolutely love it Scarleta! Thanks so much for sharing.

1237400wqzwintuen.gif

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
That''s so beautiful and I''m crying :)

angel_nieves

Brilliant_Rock
Now I have the sniffles. I love this thank you so much for posting.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, I am blaming my sniffles and red eyes on allergies since I just read this at work...sheesh! That was a tearjerker!

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I cried too!

Both of my dogs are rescues, and my Mom chairs the Chicagoland Afghan Hound rescue society...so this is extra touching for me.

So many deserving dogs need good homes...I hope everyone considering a puppy visits their local shelter first...and esspecially this time of year...please, no puppies for Christmas...

PaulaW

Brilliant_Rock
::sniffles:: oh Lord... now I look like a raccoon! I loved this!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, single tear! You''re killing me with this!

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/13/2008 10:28:01 AM
Author: Italiahaircolor
Oh, I cried too!

Both of my dogs are rescues, and my Mom chairs the Chicagoland Afghan Hound rescue society...so this is extra touching for me.

So many deserving dogs need good homes...I hope everyone considering a puppy visits their local shelter first...and esspecially this time of year...please, no puppies for Christmas...
Oh, I''ve always wanted an Afghan Hound. Maybe if I ever get a bigger house.

You see, THIS is why I shouldn''t read PS at work

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
*sniff*

DH and I talk all the time about how much joy our puppins give us. We just love them to death. We have a purebred that we purchased from a great breeder and a faboo little rescue muttski. And she is the MOST loveable dog in the entire world. One of our nicknames for her is "love sponge." She''ll soak up all the love you can give.

Quick threadjack - Italia - Very interesting that your mom works with rescued Afghan Hounds. We have an Ibizan Hound (my avatar, in his Christmas best) and we had to go through a breeder to get him - there just aren''t any Ibizan Hounds that need rescuing. Are there a lot of Afghans that need new homes?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Scarleta, that is so sweet!!!!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That was incredibly touching, thank you so much for posting it Scarleta. And I join Italia in encouraging anyone who is considering getting a dog or cat to seriously think about adopting from a shelter - it will be one of the best things you ever do!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
aww that''s so lovely and really emotional!

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for your kind responses.I hope the tears you shed reading this were the one of joy and not sadness.
It is very touching and I am glad that I posted it.
35.gif

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for that, it was so sweet! Tears here as well
4.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Is that not just the sweetest thing in the world?!?

My HH volunteers at our local anti cruelty society on weekends and I'm going to send this to him.

(Please see avatar on left for the product of that volunteering, LOL! Although he didn't have antlers when we got him...

9.gif
)

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
What the heck, I''m crying all over the place. Good thing I didn''t read this at work, oh it''s so cute!

It reminds me of the other one though, where the owner gets married and has kids, and takes the dog to a shelter because he''s found "better" friends
8.gif
I won''t post it, it''s too sad.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I already have three dogs living in my home. Don''t make me go get anymore ok, because I really might! Two of my dogs were found outside and needed homes-- one when she was a tiny puppy trying to suckle my finger, and the third came from a shelter. I''d have twenty dogs if I had the time and space to take care of them!

This was cute but it makes me so sad thinking of how many more there are that need homes and people to love them!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
That is so beautiful

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
that is so sweet. thank you. i loved reading it!! how creative too

Dogmom

Shiny_Rock
How beautiful! I work for the local animal welfare organization and could picture our animals while reading this. Thank you for sharing.

2Artists

Brilliant_Rock
39.gif
That is beautiful.

Mrs.2Artists

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results