shape
carat
color
clarity

Somebody's Gotta Buy This Piece!

newtojewels

Shiny_Rock
G-H modern old cut style cushion in iridium platinum halo ring. I like it but cut needs to be seen in person.

It's hard to believe that the center stone of that ring wouldn't be certified. I think I remember someone here mentioning that they bought a diamond from TRR that the gemologist called a G-H and it turns out it was a GIA-certified E or something? Maybe there would be similar luck with this ring!

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks like a 1ct center and four .25ct sides. That’s a pretty good price and the diamonds look nice!

1715035834216.png

Okay, well I put in what I thought was a fairly low offer and they accepted it. So now it will be mine. Needs resizing down to 5.75 so hope that will work, but if not, I can use the stones. I don't really need this but hated to see it not go to a PSer. And they do have returns, so I didn't see any risk. Fingers crossed. Oh, and I've had two drinks tonight.......

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay, well I put in what I thought was a fairly low offer and they accepted it. So now it will be mine. Needs resizing down to 5.75 so hope that will work, but if not, I can use the stones. I don't really need this but hated to see it not go to a PSer. And they do have returns, so I didn't see any risk. Fingers crossed. Oh, and I've had two drinks tonight.......

Can you share how much your offer was below asking? I have my eye on some of their other items and it’s always super helpful to know what they will accept!

And woo hoo! I can’t wait to hear what you think. I’m very jealous as of course I want all the old cuts.

EDIT: hey you posted it originally in the thread :lol-2: Is that allowed??

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's hard to believe that the center stone of that ring wouldn't be certified. I think I remember someone here mentioning that they bought a diamond from TRR that the gemologist called a G-H and it turns out it was a GIA-certified E or something? Maybe there would be similar luck with this ring!

Yes that was me. It was an old cut diamond in a c-R-a-Z-y ugly setting. The RealReal appraisers called it a G-H. I could see it was colorless from the side, and GIA confirmed that. The one I posted above could plausibly be a G-H I think it’s slightly tinted. But I think it is a nice color/size and setting for the price. (But still not cheap…)

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you share how much your offer was below asking? I have my eye on some of their other items and it’s always super helpful to know what they will accept!

And woo hoo! I can’t wait to hear what you think. I’m very jealous as of course I want all the old cuts.

EDIT: hey you posted it originally in the thread :lol-2: Is that allowed??

You're right, I did post it originally, but since it was still sitting there it didn't seem that anyone was going for it and as I said, I hated for it not to come to PS. So I did (after the two drinks:lol:)
I offered $2500, so just about $500 less which I think is about 18% less than their listing price. I figured that they would counter at $2700 but they just accepted it. With tax and shipping its about $2660. I think that's a good deal if the photos of the stones are accurate. I'll let you know what I think when it arrives.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
You're right, I did post it originally, but since it was still sitting there it didn't seem that anyone was going for it and as I said, I hated for it not to come to PS. So I did (after the two drinks:lol:)
I offered $2500, so just about $500 less which I think is about 18% less than their listing price. I figured that they would counter at $2700 but they just accepted it. With tax and shipping its about $2660. I think that's a good deal if the photos of the stones are accurate. I'll let you know what I think when it arrives.

Yes very good! You know I like to find diamonds for near scrap value pricing and I’d consider what you paid to be around that! And bonus pretty setting. I hope you love it.

Grymera

Shiny_Rock
G-H modern old cut style cushion in iridium platinum halo ring. I like it but cut needs to be seen in person.

Missing diamond - from last picture, 9 o'clock looks like another diamond might be missing, cracked or need repair (can't tell from photos if that's represented, I think it's the right side of the ring which isn't pictured). Looks like someone might've dinged it there. Photo 3 top left (11 o'clock) might be a chip. It's at Greenwich so would be worth a call and ask for more photos texted by Sales Associate.

TRR for the life of them cannot get jewelry listed accurately. At best, it's a guess as to what they have - BECAUSE THEY NEVER CLEAN ANYTHING! My tennis bracelet from them was listed as "Slightly included - I1, I2, I3" (also TRR listed as obsidian, really). and I think it came back as VS2 from my jeweler, G/H. I'll have to check the appraisal.

Also accepting nominations if we should start a TRR finds in Show Me the Bling for listing vs. reality. I'm probably one of the few here *riveted* by this website and the complete insane things I find on there, but I know there have been many successful rehomings/rescues.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock

I’ve done this before too haha. Posted and then bought when nobody did. I am very excited to see what you think of the stones!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
It's already showing as sold, so someone did rescue it. Was it anyone here?

Not me but glad it is sold because otherwise I would have been tempted even though I have too many bands already. The engraving is so good and it has an inscription. @lala646 you are killing us over here!

newtojewels

Shiny_Rock
Time for my TRR finds!

Tiffany 9.8g 14k brooch for $510, so not that far above scrap value:
1715272634403.png
Fun Tiffany band in size 4.75 for $1095
1715272719386.png

VCA Socrate BTF ring in size 5 for $8k, usually listed for $10k+ when I've seen it though TRR calls the condition "good" so it might be a bit of a mess:
1715272845087.png

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Time for my TRR finds!

Tiffany 9.8g 14k brooch for $510, so not that far above scrap value:
1715272634403.png
Fun Tiffany band in size 4.75 for $1095
1715272719386.png

VCA Socrate BTF ring in size 5 for $8k, usually listed for $10k+ when I've seen it though TRR calls the condition "good" so it might be a bit of a mess:
1715272845087.png

I wonder how their algo works. Because I usually take a looksie at newest listings each day and some of these showed but some didn't .

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missing diamond - from last picture, 9 o'clock looks like another diamond might be missing, cracked or need repair (can't tell from photos if that's represented, I think it's the right side of the ring which isn't pictured). Looks like someone might've dinged it there. Photo 3 top left (11 o'clock) might be a chip. It's at Greenwich so would be worth a call and ask for more photos texted by Sales Associate.

TRR for the life of them cannot get jewelry listed accurately. At best, it's a guess as to what they have - BECAUSE THEY NEVER CLEAN ANYTHING! My tennis bracelet from them was listed as "Slightly included - I1, I2, I3" (also TRR listed as obsidian, really). and I think it came back as VS2 from my jeweler, G/H. I'll have to check the appraisal.

Also accepting nominations if we should start a TRR finds in Show Me the Bling for listing vs. reality. I'm probably one of the few here *riveted* by this website and the complete insane things I find on there, but I know there have been many successful rehomings/rescues.

Omg please start this thread.

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

This thread is one of my favorites. I too am “riveted” by the amazing stuff you guys find.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results