shape
carat
color
clarity

Some of my new stones

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jypsie

Shiny_Rock
I promised I would be back to post some pics of my stones... here are a few.

amet0003.jpg

Jypsie

Shiny_Rock

morg0001.jpg

Jypsie

Shiny_Rock

topaz0001.jpg

Jypsie

Shiny_Rock

citr003.jpg

Jypsie

Shiny_Rock

amet0004.jpg

Jypsie

Shiny_Rock

amet0006.jpg

SB621

Ideal_Rock
very nice! i like that the majority of your stones have non- traditional shapes! very cool!
26.gif

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Nice collection!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgous stones! Whats the top one?

-A

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you planning on making us guess what they are?
9.gif

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Ditto to Chrono! Matching game anyone?

Jypsie

Shiny_Rock
Thank you, everyone for the compliments! 9 weeks ago, I cut this little frozen snot ball and was soooo proud of myself!! Yesterday I started cutting a London Blue Topaz and I was scared to death to start it because I''m still challenged with polishing - it takes me MUCH longer than it should, so I was afraid to dig into such a beautiful stone. I am 1/2 way through the pavillion and I have polished 4 of the facets - so far I''m absolutely amazed! I swear I have an angel on my shoulder guiding me through this - someone knows I''m doing this to raise money for injured, abused, neglected, etc animals and they want to make sure I''m successful in that goal.

So, here are descriptions of the ones I''ve posted so far and I''m adding few more below...

#1 = Ametrine 11.25cts 16.6mm x 11.4mm

#2 = Morganite 3.45cts 10.6mm x 7.8mm

#3 = Topaz 5.50cts 11.8mm x 10.5mm

#4 = Citrine cts 17.6mm x 11mm

#5 = Amethyst 1.85cts 8.4mm x 8.4mm

#6 = Amethyst 1.15cts 7.6mm x 7mm

Jypsie

Shiny_Rock
Malayan Garnet 1.15cts 6.3mm x 6.3mm

garn0023.jpg

Jypsie

Shiny_Rock
Rose de France 10.05cts 4.1mm round

rose0005.jpg

Jypsie

Shiny_Rock
Rose de France 13.5cts 13.3mm x 13.3mm

rose0001.jpg

Jypsie

Shiny_Rock
Sunstone .95cts 7.1mm x 7.1mm

sun0001.jpg

Jypsie

Shiny_Rock
Ametrine 2.05cts 9.0mm round

amet0001.jpg

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous stones, Jypsie! I love the round Rose de France. I''d never heard of that name for it before!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
My goodness Jypsie, you cut all those stones yourself? That''s amazing, they look fantastic.

When did you decide to take this up, and why? Tell us all about it please.

Jypsie

Shiny_Rock
Thank you!

Oh it''s a rather long story about why I started down this path. But, basically, I am disabled and now that I have quite a lot of time on my hands, I wanted to take up a hobby that was productive and relaxing. I wasn''t sure if this was going to be it - I purchased a bass guitar also, assuming one of the two would be therapeutic. As it wound up, faceting is the most relaxing and fun hobby ever! I would have never assumed it to be like this - everything from picking a piece of rough to cut, to planning the shape, to cutting, polishing, etc has turned out to be absolutely fantastic!!

I figure since I am making something that''s sought after by so many, I would donate the final product to raise money for my passion - educating people about how they can help prevent animal cruelty, abuse, neglect, irresponsible breeding and adoption practices.

I learn something with each stone and I absolutely love that part of it - I can only assume that will continue for a very very very long time, and likely it''ll never stop - which is perfect for me. I love to learn and being able to do something that''s therapeutic for me while being able to do something to help raise money for animals - well, there just couldn''t be a better place to be right now, for me.

Thanks again everyone for the feedback and comments.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2009 5:03:27 PM
Author: Jypsie
Thank you!

Oh it''s a rather long story about why I started down this path. But, basically, I am disabled and now that I have quite a lot of time on my hands, I wanted to take up a hobby that was productive and relaxing. I wasn''t sure if this was going to be it - I purchased a bass guitar also, assuming one of the two would be therapeutic. As it wound up, faceting is the most relaxing and fun hobby ever! I would have never assumed it to be like this - everything from picking a piece of rough to cut, to planning the shape, to cutting, polishing, etc has turned out to be absolutely fantastic!!

I figure since I am making something that''s sought after by so many, I would donate the final product to raise money for my passion - educating people about how they can help prevent animal cruelty, abuse, neglect, irresponsible breeding and adoption practices.

I learn something with each stone and I absolutely love that part of it - I can only assume that will continue for a very very very long time, and likely it''ll never stop - which is perfect for me. I love to learn and being able to do something that''s therapeutic for me while being able to do something to help raise money for animals - well, there just couldn''t be a better place to be right now, for me.

Thanks again everyone for the feedback and comments.
YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I''m with you on that cause!
36.gif

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
I like all the unusual shapes. Are you going to set them?

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Wow I love the round Rose de France too. You're very talented. What a great cause you are donating your time/money too. I admire you for using your free time in such a positive productive way.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2009 5:40:50 PM
Author: Sarahbear621
YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I''m with you on that cause!
36.gif
So am I. I can''t believe you just started cutting 9 weeks ago.
36.gif

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
--- you just started cutting 9 weeks ago. ---

Seriously? Um, you have a Talent !
36.gif

I love the cut on the very top one. What do you call it?

I really like that you don't have too many facets in many of them. I despise lots of facets.

Great. Keep it going !!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your cutting looks very well done and I applaud your generousity of donating to a good cause.
36.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice. The stones all look interesting either in color or cut.

How totally cool that you''ve found something you like so much and can do with your disability !! Keep cutting!!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Very nice. The stones all look interesting either in color or cut.

How totally cool that you''ve found something you like so much and can do with your disability !! Keep cutting!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results