shape
carat
color
clarity

Some lucky duck snapped this up

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Neatfreak, congratulations on that gorgeous rock! I am so jealous. I have been craving a light blue Asscher cut stone for a while. I can''t wait to see how you decide to set it.

Antique Chic

Shiny_Rock
I''m so glad everyone''s so excited about this stone!! It''s the one Jeff imported and cut for me for my 3 stone ring. I absolutely loved it, but the color is so much darker/purplish than what I was looking for for this particular project.

It really is beautiful. : ) Congrats Neatfreak!!! I love the baguette setting you posted. I like to keep step cut accent stones with step cut center stones.

Jeff''s scoping out the right aqua for me. I LOVE Jeff''s work and wholeheartedly recommend him to anyone who''s thinking of getting a stone custom cut.

Antique Chic

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
neatfreak, did you see the ring I meant on Mark Morrell''s site? It wasn''t a solitaire. It was a special halo-type ring that had a square blue diamond in it.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/14/2008 11:04:50 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
neatfreak, did you see the ring I meant on Mark Morrell''s site? It wasn''t a solitaire. It was a special halo-type ring that had a square blue diamond in it.

I did I did...and it is gorgeous...but just not my style. I think if I go with Mark it''ll be something simple and classic that will highlight the asscher shape but let the stone be the star (maybe split prongs or something...)

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/14/2008 1:20:15 PM
Author: neatfreak

Thanks guys! It is a 2.15 VVS Ceylon Sapphire.
Wow, that gem couldn''t go to a sweeter home! I love it!
9.gif
Can''''t wait to see your project complete
30.gif
30.gif

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Neatfreek, what a fabulous acquisition! I''ve been dreaming of that stone since it was first posted. I love the tapered baguette halo. It would be stunning. But if you''re looking for a stopgap setting until you have the funds, may I suggest the Cartier 1922 Repro from BetterThanDiamonds. It''s a stunning setting that showcases the step cut beautifully while not breaking the bank. Let me see if I can find some pictures.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/15/2008 9:54:50 AM
Author: Upgradable
Neatfreek, what a fabulous acquisition! I''ve been dreaming of that stone since it was first posted. I love the tapered baguette halo. It would be stunning. But if you''re looking for a stopgap setting until you have the funds, may I suggest the Cartier 1922 Repro from BetterThanDiamonds. It''s a stunning setting that showcases the step cut beautifully while not breaking the bank. Let me see if I can find some pictures.

Thanks for the recommendation on that setting! It is really pretty and very affordable...great idea. Thanks!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock

BTDCartier1922proofs.jpg

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ohhh pretty! Thanks! How is the quality on the melee?

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock

10 natural diamonds, 5 on each side of the ring

10 x 1.7mm natural VS/G side round diamonds, total carat weight of .20ctw

Diamonds are ''2 bead bright set'', same exact style as done on the original ring.

Shank is round, not Euro, in keeping with the original ring.
Ring width: 2.65mm - this is a very thin, dainty ring, meant to emphasize the center stone.

idreamofice

Shiny_Rock
4.gif
Wow! I love sapphires and your asscher cut sapphire is dreamy!! I''ve been wanting a yellow asscher cut sapphire myself....
5.gif

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Oh Neatfreak what a great stone. I just saw it in your avatar and had to track down the post on it. I did also see it in the email that Jeff did and thought, "oh, what a gorgeous stone!" Glad you have it! Have you taken delivery? Can you post any more photos?

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/15/2008 2:02:21 PM
Author: Beacon
Oh Neatfreak what a great stone. I just saw it in your avatar and had to track down the post on it. I did also see it in the email that Jeff did and thought, ''oh, what a gorgeous stone!'' Glad you have it! Have you taken delivery? Can you post any more photos?

I promise I will post more photos as soon as I receive it. Jeff said he put it in the mail yesterday...so hopefully that means I''ll receive it today or tomorrow!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Boy, can''t wait to see more photos of that beautiful stone Neatfreak
35.gif

Linda

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Major drooling going on over here...

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
That stone is amazing! Lucky girl you!!! Can''t wait for the finished project!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/15/2008 2:04:05 PM
I promise I will post more photos as soon as I receive it. Jeff said he put it in the mail yesterday...so hopefully that means I''ll receive it today or tomorrow!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
can''twaitcan''twaitcan''twait.....
9.gif
36.gif

man alive neatfreak, i just have to say your stone has been on my mind all day and i had to come back for some more ogling. and darn if it wasn''t MORE incredible than i remembered!!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh wow neatfreak-it''s gorgeous. Congrats on getting such a beautiful stone. I cannot wait to see pics of it especially when it is set.

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Oh.my.goodness! That is one of the most gorgeous sapphires I have ever seen! Congratulations! I never thought of looking for an asscher in a colored stone...I've gotta get me one of those!!!!

Lovely, lovely, lovely! Can't wait to see pix!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Came in the mail this morning, it so beautiful and lively! Went to my local jeweler this morning and after much discussion with him and our fav. online vendors, the setting I wanted is just too cost prohibitive at this time.

Sooooo we''ll be doing a classic tapered baguette setting hopefully with pointy prongs ala Harry Winston! I tried it with a ton of settings this morning and this one just took the cake for complimenting the asscher shape perfectly. LOVE IT!

I promise I will take pictures soon!

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Woo hoo!

It''s so gorgeous, I''m glad you decided to get it set anyway! The classic setting is going to be stunning!

Of course I was hoping there might be pics in that post...
9.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can''t wait to see pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please post some soon, we can''t wait
36.gif
30.gif

Linda

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/16/2008 4:29:35 PM
Author: Linda W
Can''t wait to see pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please post some soon, we can''t wait
36.gif
30.gif

Linda
Ditto, so excited for you!!!
36.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh My Goodness, I can''t wait to see it set!
36.gif
36.gif

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
What an eyecatching stone! I''ve been meaning to comment on it for a while, and I''m looking forward to pictures too!

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/16/2008 4:14:57 PM
Came in the mail this morning, it so beautiful and lively! Went to my local jeweler this morning and after much discussion with him and our fav. online vendors, the setting I wanted is just too cost prohibitive at this time.

Sooooo we''ll be doing a classic tapered baguette setting hopefully with pointy prongs ala Harry Winston! I tried it with a ton of settings this morning and this one just took the cake for complimenting the asscher shape perfectly. LOVE IT!

Neatfreak: how would you describe the blue? Does it have some violet in it? How ''strong'' a colour saturation do you think this stone has? (how similar to the pics does it look in person?) ....inquiring minds want to know! It''s beautiful

urseberry

Brilliant_Rock
Diamondseeker, when you subscribed to the newsletter, you should have been automatically emailed the latest version. The newsletter contains the username and password you need to access the members area.

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/16/2008 4:14:57 PM

Yay!!! I think that setting will look great.

I''m curious too as to what you think of the color and level of saturation. Does the stone look darker on the steps or does the color stay even throughout?

Missrocks

Brilliant_Rock
That color is just the PERFECT compliment to that stunning cut. And I just LOVE the first baguette halo idea. Usually I'm one for pave' , but those clean symmetrical lines just draw your eye right in to the depths of that icy blue baby!
30.gif
Oh..and classic HW with tapered baguettes..that will be simply stunning. Double claw prongs, maybe....???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results