shape
carat
color
clarity

Some dust for a Liw-to-be

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Magpie09

Shiny_Rock
Hello ladies
35.gif

I've been posting around pricescope and thought it was time to tell my story and ask for some dust
1.gif

My Bf and I have been dating for a little over a year now and although we are young i believe i have found the guy or me
30.gif
So i'm asking for some a dust and ask for some of the advice you ladies are so good at giving of how to bring up the where is this going talk and how to bring it up without it being so serious. Throughout the time we have been together future goals have come up for example whether we want marriage and kids in the future in general and what we want in regards to career just a general overview of what we want in life basically but haven't stated whether we see each other in our lives in the long-term.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated
1.gif

Thanks

Edited for my horrible spelling
38.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/8/2009 7:09:32 AM
Author:Magpie09
Hello ladies
35.gif

I''ve been posting around pricescope and thought it was time to tell my story and ask for some dust
1.gif

My Bf and I have been dating for a little over a year now and although we are young i believe i have found the guy or me
30.gif
So i''m asking for some a dust and ask for some of the advice you ladies are so good at giving of how to bring up the where is this going talk and how to bring it up without it being so serious. Throughout the time we have been together future goals have come up for example whether we want marriage and kids in the future in general and what we want in regards to career just a general overview of what we want in life basically but haven''t stated whether we see each other in our lives in the long-term.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated
1.gif

Thanks

Edited for my horrible spelling
38.gif
I think we slowly moved forward in talking about marriage. It was first "If we get married" after about a year. Then it was "When we get married" at about 2-3 years. Then came the talk where we decided that future life decisions would include the other person, and that a proposal was in the works.

If you''ve already hinted at this possibly being marriage-serious, then I would say just dive right in and ask where it''s headed. If he''s still tentative about using "We" over "I" you may need to ease into it more.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I think brining up the M word in a relationship entirely depends on the couple.
I know my SO brought it up as abargaining chip so I could stop playing my MMO. But we were also at a crossroads for our relationship anyways so it made sense to talk about it.
a year and a half later we still talk about it (well I talk he twitches) BUT we still have open communication about it.

You will know when the time is right for you. Just be open for what he might have to say as well.

good luckand lots of dust

Magpie09

Shiny_Rock
Well he says ''we,'' a lot, but then there are other things that make me think he''s not anywhere there yet so a bit confused, hence wanting to ask if Marraiage is at least a possibility. I think i at least deserve to know wherther he''s thought about it no matter our age and how long we''ve been together. Hopefully there are some success stories from ladies who brought up the topic whislt both parties were in their ealy 20s and it went well.

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/8/2009 5:58:35 PM
Author: Magpie09
Well he says 'we,' a lot, but then there are other things that make me think he's not anywhere there yet so a bit confused, hence wanting to ask if Marraiage is at least a possibility. I think i at least deserve to know wherther he's thought about it no matter our age and how long we've been together. Hopefully there are some success stories from ladies who brought up the topic whislt both parties were in their ealy 20s and it went well.

does it count if he brought it up? we've been talking about it since i was 21 and he was 22.

M and i are very close and we talk about anything and everything, so it was just brought up in conversation, though by him since i had a big thing about not mentioning marriage (after previous relationships i was convinced any guy who talked about it before proposing was going to leave me). he didn't scare me away, and i in turn had to calm him down when he realized how close we are getting to actually being married.

if you don't mind what are the things that make you think he's not ready?

i think if you two have wonderful communication and can talk about anything and everything (and have) then bring up the topic. being cutesy and shy about it never hurts, and definitely gets more of the "aww she's so cute and funny" reaction than the "crap she's trying to force me to get married now" reaction. an honest, open discussion always does more good than wondering yourself into a corner.

just remember that you can cuss in french and people will think you're talking sweetly to them, but you can tell them how wonderful they are in german and they'll think you're angry and yelling at them. keep your delivery from being agitated and frantic and he'll be relaxed.

lots o' dust!

Magpie09

Shiny_Rock
Squirrly- About not being ready i guess it''s just that he''s still a bit into the partying lifestyle and is still figuring out what he wants in the future in regards to career and house. Still trying to line up the ducks
1.gif
I think i''m a bit on the fence about whether i want to ask or not because if the answer was unfavorable then i don''t know if i could continue dating with that knowledge in the back of my mind when i want to have that future with him. Need to find the courage to ask as at the moment i am wondering myself into a corner
40.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results