shape
carat
color
clarity

Some bathroom pix...almost done...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I think I was hanging them wrong before. This looks better?

PICT0449.JPG

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
I think it looks great.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
MMM--Thanks for the advice. I spent the weekend with several tile pieces trying to decide. I found a tile that was mostly beige with hints of green. Thought I hit the jackpot! But, when I got it home the greens were slightly different. I figured that would look really bad so I decided to go with a lighter beige tile that picks up some of the tones in the green tile. There was a slightly darker beige that I liked a bit better, but my showe area is dark enough...even with a light that I opted for the lighter shade. Now, I''ll be waiting for the tile guy to give me bid on installation. Tricky part for me is that the previous owners who installed the green tile built over the existing tub by 2" so my wall tile needs to be scored and cut or else I''ll loose whole pieces of it. And of course if those pieces break, I''ll never be able to match them again! Remodeling is never as simple as it sounds!

Did you have another shower available while you did this remodel? This is my only shower bathroom in the whole house. My only other bathroom is a powder room. I will be able to take showers the night before at my fiance''s house...but nothing in the AM. (I have an 8 year old and he has a 15 yr old so we haven''t merged households yet).

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I think that''s a good move. I wouldn''t try to match the green. Picking a tile that picks up the beige in the green tile will look great! I''m not sure what you mean re: the existing tile over the tub...please splain lucy! :) Just a warning, tiles don''t tend to just pop off ... my old tiles took the walls with them
6.gif
...but this place had the original tile which was installed a different way than they do today so the walls came down ... so I''m sure your job will be much quicker and the tiles will come off more easily! Does your new tile come with trim pieces that could serve as a nice replacement/border...I''d love more info about what you mean though...

And OH YEAH, this was my only shower. I have to tell you it was complete hell. Our family is about 1 hour away so we had to be able to shower. Every day the contractor would put up plastic in the shower. It was a nightmare...but mainly b/c we hired a single contractor who was SO slow and he took about 6 WEEKS
6.gif
You have it tough with the kiddies bt you''d be amazed at how clean you can feel with some baby wipes and a wet towel and shampooing in the kitchen sink LOL

You gotta post some pix so we can see!!! :)

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Hmm, I guess I''ll have to stock up on baby wipes! Never thought of those :)

My tile going over the tub is hard to explain, but I''ll try. If you are looking into a standard size tub (generally 60"), I can only see 56" of the tub. The other 4" (2" on each side) are inside the walls...the end result is there is no lip on the front or back of the tub...it''s basically straight down from the surround to the tub. Now, if you go to the outside of the tub...looking at the side...there is a tile wall on the left side that comes over where the tub actually starts...it goes right up to the edge of the surround...which is 2" out further than where the tub ends. So, my problem is those green wall tiles (13"X13") are in the way of getting my old tub out or a new tub in. They need to be trimmed back the 2" + some for clearance. The tile people say cutting tile off the wall is really hard to make sure it comes out whole. If the tiles break I would have about 9" of space to fill before the next wall tile and the new tub...kinda hard to use trim pieces for that much. I have similar issues on the floor-same 13X13 green tile...new tub is 3" wider than the existing tub and the tile goes right up to the current tub...if the tile isn''t cut, the tub won''t be level. I wish I could draw pictures to show this!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results