shape
carat
color
clarity

Solitare vs 3 stone rings?!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone! this is my first post on pricescope, but I have been an avid ''reader'' of almost all posts for quite some time now. I live in Bahrain, a small island in the Middle East of the coast of Saudi Arabia.

After reading thread after thread of your beauitful e/rings and w/rings and ''upgrades'', I can''t help but dream of my own upgrade!! I have a channel princess cut diamond band without the traditional e-ring when we got married. We later both got the plain 18kt white gold band which we wear for everyday use.

At first, I had my eyes set on a three stone ring as an addition to my collection (not to wear with my w/band as it wouldn''t match) but have it as a replacement...then, one day i fell upon the most beautiful e/ring & w/ring set I have ever seen....Tacori....and i was in love...now i''m confused. should i go for the whole new ''set'' with a similar style to the Tacori family, or stick to just getting the three stong ring??

Problem is that where I live, i have very limited access to such rings and what we do have back home is very limited in style and design and are extremly over priced!!! any thoughts on this matter would greatly be appreciated!!! thanks =)

NyssaLynne

Shiny_Rock
I think that you should get whichever you want the most. I like both types or rings. You could always get something with side stones around a larger center diamond. Probably even something that would match your channel-set band. The Tacori-type styles are beautiful as well. Do you have a picture of the type of ring you like?

If you have limited access to jewelry you could always work over the internet with one of the places recommended on here. It would definitely save you money too.

Good luck hunting for your dream ring.

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
upgrade as a whole set...........it can be frustrating if no pices actually go together................

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/3/2005 8
6.gif
0:43 AM
Author: windowshopper
upgrade as a whole set...........it can be frustrating if no pices actually go together................
I agree. I think the overall end result is better when you consider the whole set as well as the pieces.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
If you''re in love with the Tacori set, you should get the Tacori set.

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
thank u all for your replies...i do agree that it is better to get the whole set...i recall i had a plain wedding band made to match my diamond one so that I could wear them together, but the end result was terrible...the B&M i dealt with botched the size (even though he had the actual diamond ring with him!) and they are uneven when worn with each other....

i *do* love the Tacori set, but the only problem is I have never seen one in real life, only the images from magazine ads and their online website. I do know that lighting, photoshop and many other elements come into play with these ads, even if the ring is beautiful without all of that, but im worried about spending all that money online without ever seeing the ring in real life?

anyhow, maybe ill postpone the actual purchase of the set until we decide on our next ''vacation'' spot and perhaps i can find a tacori dealer there? =)

thanks again all for ur help...

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
i *do* love the Tacori set, but the only problem is I have never seen one in real life, only the images from magazine ads and their online website. I do know that lighting, photoshop and many other elements come into play with these ads, even if the ring is beautiful without all of that, but im worried about spending all that money online without ever seeing the ring in real life?

anyhow, maybe ill postpone the actual purchase of the set until we decide on our next ''vacation'' spot and perhaps i can find a tacori dealer there? =)
I love Tacori rings in the pictures I''ve seen and was dreaming of getting one of their settings but tried one of their rings on and it didn''t look at all right on my hand (just too busy and overwhelming). I''d definetly recommend trying on the ring you like especially since we''re talking about a fair sum of money.

Let us know how you like their rings when you see them in person (maybe you can pick your next vacation according to Tacori dealers nearby??? lol)
9.gif

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
I definitely must chime in for my vote for a "set". I received a 3 stone ring for our 15th anniversary and intended to wear it with an anniversary band I''d received previously that had emeralds and diamonds...WRONG...it looked terrible and then I decided to wear it with my original wedding band which was yellow gold, rhodium plated to appear white gold...WRONG...the plating began to wear within the 1st month and it just looked like a lot of metal with the diamonds and really didn''t enhance the 3 stone. To make a long story much longer...LOL...I begged for a diamond eternity band and it''s the perfect compliment to the 3 stone, or at least I think so and I couldn''t be happier......but it took awhile to get here
11.gif

Soooooooo go for the set to begin with and diffuse all confusion right off the bat.

I agree with Michelle, you really need to try them on and see what looks good on. I had the same trouble when I was picking out settings for what became the 3 stone. Good luck and I''m sure many others will post regarding the best way to locate a Tacori for you
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results