shape
carat
color
clarity

Solitaire to halo... before and afters!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
These are all gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous! Great transformations!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/24/2009 11:29:14 AM
Author: D&T
Date: 11/24/2009 6:50:13 AM

Author: Maisie

Here is my old ring before and after
1.gif
1.03ct J vs2.
Maisie (sorry for the mini threadjack) did you Miss your halo when you bought your M solitaire?
I didn''t miss the halo because the M was 1.5ct and very large to me. If I was ever going to buy another diamond I would probably halo it though, I just love the look!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/24/2009 4:37:14 PM

Date: 11/24/2009 11:29:14 AM
Author: D&T

Date: 11/24/2009 6:50:13 AM

Here is my old ring before and after
1.gif
1.03ct J vs2.
Maisie (sorry for the mini threadjack) did you Miss your halo when you bought your M solitaire?
I didn''t miss the halo because the M was 1.5ct and very large to me. If I was ever going to buy another diamond I would probably halo it though, I just love the look!
Thanks Maisie
36.gif
The halo ring looks fabulous on your hand.. and I didn''t know you had a halo... before

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Huh. This is a great thread, very interesting! Some I think look better with halos, and some I really prefer as solitaires. I guess that means I''ll keep my solitaire and save for a halo RHR.
31.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/25/2009 12:39:22 PM
Author: Kelli
Huh. This is a great thread, very interesting! Some I think look better with halos, and some I really prefer as solitaires. I guess that means I''ll keep my solitaire and save for a halo RHR.
31.gif
I think it depends on the style of halo, and that is personal taste KWIM?
4.gif
Seems from the photos that halos always add finger presence though!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/24/2009 12:48:20 PM
Author: iheartbora
I have a few saved on my desktop, but I don't know who is the owner... if you know, please add name/link!
This is Traysar's set, a different angle than the one posted above.

ETA Great additions iheartbora!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/24/2009 12:52:39 PM
Another Ritani Endless Love...
I am fairly certain this comparison belongs to Chellebelle (I hope I spelled that right!)

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/24/2009 12:56:57 PM
Small center stone halo vs. Large center stone solitaire...
This is Mara''s 2.36ct J pictures with a ~1ct G in WF''s halo bezel setting!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/24/2009 9:53:27 AM
Author: Lurchie
Very illustrative photos and such fun to look at, not to mention gorgeous.

Watcha doin''
31.gif
Are you re-thinking your (someday) 2 ct. Sholdt semi-bezel? Cuz if you don''t want, I''ll take it! Do we need to get you interested in colored stones?
9.gif
LOL! I want a 2ct one day... but it ain''t gonna happen any.time.soon. I think it is about 5-7 years away. So for now I am looking to upgrade the color and setting of my ring for a modest cost to something that will keep me happy until then!
9.gif

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DD - are you doing this upgrade with a halo or solitaire?

Lurchie

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/25/2009 3:31:28 PM
Author: dreamer_dachsie

Watcha doin''
31.gif
Are you re-thinking your (someday) 2 ct. Sholdt semi-bezel? Cuz if you don''t want, I''ll take it! Do we need to get you interested in colored stones?
9.gif
LOL! I want a 2ct one day... but it ain''t gonna happen any.time.soon. I think it is about 5-7 years away. So for now I am looking to upgrade the color and setting of my ring for a modest cost to something that will keep me happy until then!
9.gif
I hear you and I can''t wait to see some of your ideas. Have you also considered a bezel?

Hey, I also think it''s very groovy of you to post so candidly about your feelings for your K. Having had the chance to admire my small K daily, I have decided that in a larger stone in an e-ring it would probably be too much warmth for *me* in a modern cut. I voted "I" in your poll.
9.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/26/2009 9:15:08 AM

Date: 11/25/2009 3:31:28 PM
Author: dreamer_dachsie

Watcha doin''
31.gif
9.gif
9.gif
I hear you and I can''t wait to see some of your ideas. Have you also considered a bezel?

Hey, I also think it''s very groovy of you to post so candidly about your feelings for your K. Having had the chance to admire my small K daily, I have decided that in a larger stone in an e-ring it would probably be too much warmth for *me* in a modern cut. I voted ''I'' in your poll.
9.gif
Hee hee... I am considering a bezel! I am going to start a reset thread because I need some help! And I waffle about my K... sometimes I think it is silly to care about color and sometimes I think it isn''t!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Personally I think that halo settings are very distinctive. You really have to love them to go with them long term. That said a halo really really increases the "visual size" of the diamond.

I really like the RBs in halos.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
my vote (not that you asked) is a really classy/sexy bezel not a halo - but do what makes YOU happy of course, my dear. I would not worry about the K - it's cut all the way!

p.s. MY dachsie jumped right up onto the Thanksgiving Day Table - he couldn't take it anymore aftersmelling that turkey cook all day!

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, Dreamer! This is the bestest thread ever!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great pictures - lots of gorgeous transformations.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/26/2009 7:40:39 PM
Author: motownmama
my vote (not that you asked) is a really classy/sexy bezel not a halo - but do what makes YOU happy of course, my dear. I would not worry about the K - it''s cut all the way!

p.s. MY dachsie jumped right up onto the Thanksgiving Day Table - he couldn''t take it anymore aftersmelling that turkey cook all day!
I really want to reset my diamond after trying on some styles the other day. Something more *substantial* will look so much better on my hands! But then I think if I am going to spend the money to get a new setting, probably not one I can plunk a bigger stone into later, then the diamond should be one that I adore... and I don''t adore this one
15.gif
19.gif
32.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/26/2009 11:29:16 PM
Author: marcyc
Great pictures - lots of gorgeous transformations.

Ditto-great thread! The halos makes the diamonds look SO BIG! (Yes I do have a halo and yes I am a size girl!
3.gif
)

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
BEST of luck planning your reset!!!!!! - keep us posted.

blackberry16

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I went from a six prong to a plain bezel. Sorry it is not a full on halo hope that''s ok?
bberryra5.jpg

bberryjm8.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Blackberry that is a great transformation!

I stumbled on a couple more pics..

Lmurden''s pre and post halo

lmurdendd.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Firegoddess''s Pear pre and post halo!

firegoddessddcompare.jpg

melissacutie

Rough_Rock
beautiful rings! lovely and elegant. yay! LOVE TO HAVE beautiful rings too.

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
This is my 1.1 ct RB when it was in its half bezel setting before I had it put in a halo. Not the best picture but you can see the transformation.

HaloB4&After.JPG

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
I''m loving these transformations.

Seeing my old solitaire setting makes me miss it, though. Sleek, simple and understated. Oy!

blingizatts2.JPG

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/8/2009 10:54:22 PM
Author: Bliss
I''m loving these transformations.

Seeing my old solitaire setting makes me miss it, though. Sleek, simple and understated. Oy!

Wow, Bliss! How do you manage to lift your hand to see that gorgeous halo???

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/8/2009 10:57:59 PM
Author: DiaDiva
Date: 12/8/2009 10:54:22 PM

Author: Bliss

I'm loving these transformations.

Wow, Bliss! How do you manage to lift your hand to see that gorgeous halo???

Thanks, DiaDiva! But if I had your ring, I wouldn't NEED a halo!
31.gif
Gimme! *hand outstretched*

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Haha Bliss....that is indeed my finger but it is unfortunately not my ring...it''s my fantasy ring from MS Rau. I don''t think DH will appreciate me selling him for it.

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/8/2009 11:18:10 PM
Author: DiaDiva
Haha Bliss....that is indeed my finger but it is unfortunately not my ring...it's my fantasy ring from MS Rau. I don't think DH will appreciate me selling him for it.

But would they TAKE a DH for it? Hmmm...looking for a shopping bag big enough for DH to fit into....HMMMMMM!!!!

ETA: I love your reset! It's um...ahem...not that far from the MS Rau fantasy... just as yummilicious and drooltastic. WOWEEE. Makes me miss the classy solitaire.
30.gif

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
So many beautiful halos! I love all the transformations--so much sparkle!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results