shape
carat
color
clarity

Solitaire or Scott Kay?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jenga019

Rough_Rock
I tried on a platinum tiffany 4 prong solitaire last night that I absolutely loved! So now I am torn because I orginally was set on the Scott Kay I posted. Does anyone have any helpful advice to help me decide between either ring? I know it is a personal decision but I really like both rings!!!

Scott Kay.GIF

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Personal decision, but I prefer bling over bare!

Good Luck!

auggie

Rough_Rock
go with the scott kay.
where did you find that setting? Price?

Jenga019

Rough_Rock
I found the setting at Robbins in Delaware but I think I am going to order from Scott Kay through Reeds jewelers because I know the manager and I am hoping to get a small discount. The setting at Robbins is 1580, haven''t received a quote from Reeds yet. I like it a lot, it''s just a bit expensive compared to a simple solitaire but it is different.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I liked the simplicity of a solitaire, and that''s what I asked for originally. But my finance didn''t listen and picked out the ring all by himself. He picked a three stones ring with pave diamonds on the band that is visible from the side but not from top. I love the ring because the two side diamonds are small compared to the center stone like the pic you posted, so the center stone still get the focus. But with the Scott Kay ring, the diamonds on the setting is kind of taking away from the sidestones. Have you thought about a single stone ring with diamonds around the band? That way you kind of get the compromise of both ring.

eternalsolitaire.jpg

rosy

Shiny_Rock
I like the beauty of a solitaire. If a plain band is too boring for you, I would get baguttes on the side instead of the two smaller diamonds. The Scott Kay ring kind of look too much like a three stone ring. The baguettes really draw the center diamond out & forefront making it project out at you & appear larger. If you don''t like baguettes I would just stick with the plain solitaire & get a diamond wedding band to wear with it. That''s my plan!

Jenga019

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much for your input!!

I haven''t tried on the Scott Kay in 2 months but I tried it one once in May and then again in October and loved it both times! It was my top pick! The side diamonds are lower than they look so not to overwhelm the center stone. Plus Scott Kay adjusts the side diamonds according to whatever diamond you pick for the center. Right now I am looking for a .75 carat which I think will look perfect in that setting.

When I tried on the solitaire I loved that one as well because the focus was on the center stone completely! i think it''s just going to come down to money anyway!

Thanks again for all your advice!

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Save yourself significant money - go with a solitaire - it''s classic & nothing says engaged like a solitaire. And, as mentioned - go with a diamond wedding band.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results