shape
carat
color
clarity

Solasfera vs. ACA

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BK24

Rough_Rock
I''m sure this topic has been beaten to death so I apologize in advance. I have done a search for all threads relating to each of these brands and read every thread I can find. :) I''m just wondering if anyone with experience has any new thoughts as to which of these brands they prefer and why? I''m looking for a 3/4 ct. stone, BTW. I know Mara and strmrdr have had positive things to say about ACA and I know others have said they love the look of the Solasfera. Is a Solasfera worth the extra money?

Sorry for the generic question...just looking for some honest opinions. Thanks.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
For those that want something a little different and like super sparky diamonds the Solasfera can be worth the extra money.
They are cut to be super bright then the smaller facets break up the light into smaller chunks than the traditional h&a diamonds.
Some like the look some dont.
I think they are one of the extra facet diamonds that doesnt look too busy in smaller sizes by not going too crazy with the extra facets.
I would likely stick with a traditional h&a from GOG, WF, Wink or diamondexpert.com myself because I like the looks of traditional h&a''s and If I wanted something other than that it would be an asscher.
But other people love the look and wouldnt accept anything else.

thelittleguy

Rough_Rock
Hey BK,
I bought a .4 Solasfera for my fiancee...and it is routinely mistaken for a larger stone simply because it has insane light action in all lighting condititions...As for making comparisions to the ACA I can''t do that...But I can tell you that I have been more than satisfied with the small premium I paid for the Solasfera...

BK24

Rough_Rock
Thanks littleguy. I read your whole story...congrats!

Yeah, I saw you bought a Solasfera...I''m really leaning towards it myself. It''s just hard to know when you can''t see them first...
emsmile.gif

Misato-san

Rough_Rock
I can''t say how the solasfera compares with an ACA, but my bf just bought me a .7 ct solasfera and in my opinion, I think it was worth the money. Before buying i was very concerned about whether or not .7 ct would be too small of a stone and make the diamond look too busy. After recieving it I must say I am very pleased at how it looks. It''s soooo sparkly...like all the time. I love the scintillation/small flashes

We are still waiting to get it set, but here are a couple pics of the diamond in restuarant lighting.

DSC03627.jpg

DSC03626.jpg

Don''t know if this helps with your decision...

good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results