shape
carat
color
clarity

social security

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
its bad enough my 401k is in wall street. i for one am glad social security is not.

is there anyone out there that still thinks privatizing social security and putting it into the stock market is a good idea?

just wondering...........

movie zombie

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I for one was never for social security being privatized, it subverts the whole purpose of it. Maybe this can be a little reminder that the stock market does not always go up and "returns are not guaranteed". I am also not in favor of them raiding social security funds to pay for overspending in other areas.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Those in favor of completely eliminating an unconstitutional social INSURANCE program say "aye"

NewEnglandLady: AYE!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/30/2008 6:25:20 PM
Author:movie zombie
its bad enough my 401k is in wall street. i for one am glad social security is not.

is there anyone out there that still thinks privatizing social security and putting it into the stock market is a good idea?

just wondering...........

movie zombie

Privatizing social security--bad idea.

As with most of these issues, I'm with ya MZ.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have been saying all along it would be a disaster.
There is to much money and credit in the markets and not enough value.
That goes for everything from real estate to the stock market to the government.
The drop yesterday didn''t even begin to bring the stock market in line.

We are suffering from a failed dollar policy period... that is the root cause of it all.
To many dollars and to much credit is the root cause of all the problems.
Personally I think it was intentional to bring on the amero to save the day.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since my mother, who worked hard and scrimped and pinched pennies every day of her adult life, would have been eating dog food without social security, since "investing" was not something she could risk doing, even if all that SS money had stayed in her pocket - I vote a big fat nay.

The koolaid of "privatization" was just another way to drive money out of savings and into the stock market. A lot of old people or those near retirement are going to be in dire straits from all this, and I am so glad my mother died before her money ran out and before she saw what she''d worked so hard to save, and invest safely - as she was propagandized to do, evaporate because of greed.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results