shape
carat
color
clarity

Social events

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
CJ2008 said:
...I do also try to remember that people who are not like me need more of me to keep the bond/relationship/friendship going. I guess sometimes I try to remind myself that I sometimes have to make the effort.

I just notice it getting more pronounced lately. I guess I'm afraid it will get so bad that I will dread every single social event. I'm afraid of my own mind sometimes. Sometimes I want to just "be"! Like get invited somewhere and actually look forward to it, you know?
Your first paragraph here is very true. It is important to make the effort sometimes... something that I, with the same tendencies, have to remind myself of often :))

I also noted further down in your response to VR that you said you've tried counselling, so may I suggest something else? Emotional Freedom Techniques, known as EFT or just "tapping". A good practitioner will also teach you how to do it yourself, so that you have the power to allay your anxiety/worry at anytime. You can Google your state to see if there is someone close by to visit in person or - and this is the good part - it is equally effective over Skype.

If you've never heard of it you can explore over 3,000 stories of use on EFT Universe. Many people have downloaded the instructions and learned it themselves, sometimes with varying success however mainly because it does need the full training background to be able to target the emotional triggers for effective, permanent relief.

Jimmianne - what a sweet and aware post. So true that we who are not extroverts forget that everyone else is focused on themselves as well :)) Loved the bathing costume bit :shock: :lol:

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Starzin|1407303805|3727053 said:
CJ2008 said:
...I do also try to remember that people who are not like me need more of me to keep the bond/relationship/friendship going. I guess sometimes I try to remind myself that I sometimes have to make the effort.

I just notice it getting more pronounced lately. I guess I'm afraid it will get so bad that I will dread every single social event. I'm afraid of my own mind sometimes. Sometimes I want to just "be"! Like get invited somewhere and actually look forward to it, you know?
Your first paragraph here is very true. It is important to make the effort sometimes... something that I, with the same tendencies, have to remind myself of often :))

I also noted further down in your response to VR that you said you've tried counselling, so may I suggest something else? Emotional Freedom Techniques, known as EFT or just "tapping". A good practitioner will also teach you how to do it yourself, so that you have the power to allay your anxiety/worry at anytime. You can Google your state to see if there is someone close by to visit in person or - and this is the good part - it is equally effective over Skype.

If you've never heard of it you can explore over 3,000 stories of use on EFT Universe. Many people have downloaded the instructions and learned it themselves, sometimes with varying success however mainly because it does need the full training background to be able to target the emotional triggers for effective, permanent relief.

Jimmianne - what a sweet and aware post. So true that we who are not extroverts forget that everyone else is focused on themselves as well :)) Loved the bathing costume bit :shock: :lol:

I never heard of EFT, Starzin - thank you - will check it out.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results