shape
carat
color
clarity

So you didn''t make it to Disney Land...no prob, there is still hope...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Life is hectic...you're too busy, you don't have kids, you hate the crowds and the lines...there is a solution...

Icky Linky

EeeeeUUuuuuuu!!

DKS

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
YICK!!!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh dear.
40.gif

Best not take a deep breath there, you don''t know what you might inhale!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oy, this is gross.

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
HAHAHAH. OH geez. What some people won''t do...

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
There have been rumors for years about this...However, Disneyland isn''t just the only place ashes are illegally spread...think about the parks you go to, the golf courses, even baseball parks! Yes, it is wrong on so many levels, but at least we know it doesn''t hold a health threat (according to the health dep.)...That is what worries me most.

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
That''s gross.
Who would want their ashes sprinkled at Disney Land??

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
TiffanyTwisted- I would, if there was a safe place to do it, and if it were legal!!
35.gif

I have been to Disneyland over 365 days of my life....Big Disney Freak!
36.gif
But don''t worry, I plan on being burried!
31.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I saw that on the news. That''s just wrong.

Rock Candy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/17/2007 5:10:36 AM
Author: Maisie
Oh dear.
40.gif

Best not take a deep breath there, you don''t know what you might inhale!

You mean "who" you might inhale? LOL

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
haha that is hilarious. i love the comments part of the blog. it seems like those who want their ashes scattered there don''t want any sort of dose of reality injected into their weird idea of having their ashes scattered (aka people walk on you, inhale you, you get HEPA vacuumed up, put into the trash, etc). also i seriously feel liek anyone who had the ''happiest times in their life'' at disneyland must be living a somewhat small existence. disneyland is fun and all, but it''s an commercialized amusement park you pay to get into!! that blows my mind.

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Mara- I normally agree with everything you say (and love everything about you! Your ring, your home decor, your style!)....but.....

I have to disagree that anyone who had the "happiest times of their life" has/had lived a small existence. I have a had (so far, God willing!)a wonderful, full life filled with living in many cool places, attending great schools, meeting great people...but the happiest times of my life actually were in Disneyland.

Since I was born, my beloved grandparents would rent out the top floor of a local hotel for our whole family from Northern California(my grandparents, my aunts, uncles and cousins). We stayed for a whole week. It was the only time during the year that we all were together for such a long period, hanging out, carefree....and we all bonded! We did it for 16 years straight, until my grandmother passed away. So it wasn't so much as the "place", as it was the people....but fun rides such as Peter Pan, and Space Mountain, sure helped! It is, for us (not everyone!) a carefree place!

I now have season pass (as I live close by), and every time I visit I concur that so far, the happiest times of my life were at Disneyland, and I do not think that means I have lived a small existence....

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
i want my ashes spread over Tiffanys...and Cartier...and van Cleefs...

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
awww, UCLA luv ya too gal! of course, earlier as I typed that I thought, there will probably end up being someone on PS who takes exception to my comment, DOH! different strokes. obviously you have had great life experiences with your family 'at disneyland' which to me is a function more of who you were with, as well as possibly some of where you were, rather than it being *all* about disneyland. whereas some of the people who wrote in the comment section there sounded like they were seriously crazy about disneyland itself, like some sort of religious experience, and having been there multiple times, that is where i have to scratch my head. chances are you could have been anywhere else, like at some tropical resort with mai tais, having the same experiences with your family and you'd have had the happiest times there too based on the fact that it was a vacation with people you really care about.

i guess the real Q is...do you want your ashes spread there?! if so, i may have to step in woman! hehee.
3.gif
i didn't mean to offend anyone really, the whole idea of the ashes thing and disneyland being the happiest place on earth to so many (considering that is their ad slogan, right??) is just a little head scratching to me considering that it's so commercialized.

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Mara! Yes, I probably would have had great memories, given the same/similar circ. anywhere), but they were at Disneyland, and that is why I took exception....

And to answer your question, I am not a fan of cremation....and if I were, I would not ever want my ashes spread
31.gif
I don't like the notion of my ashes being walked on (either at a golf course, or Disneyland) or sifting in water (in the sea, or at Disneyland!)......

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results