shape
carat
color
clarity

So, tonight I opened a can of asparagus......

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
To find THAT. I completely lost my appetite, heck I probably wont be able to eat for a few days. I can understand finding an insect in fresh fruits or veggies but canned-what are the chances of that? I just had to be the lucky one. Thanks Albertson''s
emotion-41.gif
emthdown.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ack!

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Ewwww.

Well, you know what''s worse than finding a worm in your asparagus?

Finding half a worm.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Poor you.That is disgusting.Can I ask which make was the can.I have some asparagus in my fridge surely will look at it before eating.Thanks for sharing

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG !!!!
32.gif

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Ew.
14.gif

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Have mercy! Do you ever cook it fresh....if there''s bugs you can wash them off before they are cooked. I microwave mine...yummy!!!

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
Yuck
23.gif

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Scarleta, It was Albertson''s own brand. I bought 2 cans but I dont think I can open the other one, I shiver when I think about it.

I almost always buy fresh but this time I was too lazy to go from Albertsons then to Whole Foods. I found a worm 1/2 way through an artichoke once too, blech.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Ewww!! take it back, along with the photo. I assure you you''ll get a full refund! And they may just pull the other cans.

Of course, you know it''s just added protein, right?
2.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
That is disgusting!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh dear. That is unfortunate!
23.gif

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks mine is different brand.I would say they owe you more than full refund for what you experienced...

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Hmmm, I guess I''m the only one who doesn''t find that too alarming lol. I expect bugs in veggies and fruit, whether it be fresh, washed and packaged, or canned. Things happen and things slip through unfortunately. The worm is so small, I can see how it slipped through. But if you are concerned, I would certainly not buy that brand again.

yellowsparkles

Shiny_Rock
I never buy house brands. My brother worked as a manager in a canning plant one summer while he was in college. He told me not to buy the "house brands" - it wasn''t up to the same standards.....

YUCK for the worm. I doubt there is much you can do but be thankful you found it before you ate it!
emsmilep.gif

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
I called Albertsons right after I found it. They took my info, apologized & told me to take it back to the store for a refund. It was only a couple of dollars I''m not even going to bother. I''m fine with just letting them know I found a foreign object in their product. You all heard about the person who found a dead frog (Little one) in a can of Kroger peas right? THAT is really nasty & I definitely wouldnt be ok if I found something like that.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ewwww ... and I mean the canned asparagus ... that worm looks tasty! I have to ask -- what was the canned asparagus for? A casserole? I didn''t even know it came canned! But, then again, I probably didn''t eat asapragus until my late 20''s
3.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
yummy protein!!!

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
A frog! Oh, I have never heard of finding a frog!

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
I just want to say the title of this thread made me giggle. Who was it who started the thread about not liking vague titles? This was a nice clear one.

As far as the worm goes...eww. I probably would have been grossed out too. (Although isn''t there some statistic about how many insects/arachnids we consume each year out there just by accident?) I guess it wouldn''t kill anyone to eat one--but gosh, I sure am gonna do what I can to avoid doing it on purpose lol.

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeh:

Various insects, bugs, and other natural critters are in fact quite common in natural food products.

In most cases you don''t even see them or know they are there - and you eat them and enjoy the taste.

In many processed foods they just get ground up and are part of the mix. A normal persons immune system is designed to handle such stuff.

I''ve found lots of similar stuff in fruits and veggies over the years - it''s natural.

Look at it this way... It was big enough for you to notice so that you could remove it. Consider that an advantage. If it had been broken up into peices you would not even known it was there.

I''d have just flicked it off and enjoyed the asparagus. I get pleanty of protien from other sources.

Perry

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results