shape
carat
color
clarity

So my ring is here but...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
...it''s hidden away. It arrived on Tuesday and my boyfriend put it somewhere in the house, not letting me see it until he proposes. I have a feeling we won''t be getting engaged for a while. He just told me that he wants to plan something special and I''m all for that. We''ve begun looking at places to have our wedding and reception, either next April or next July. I really want to be officially engaged before we book anything (and I KNOW my parents feel the same way).

The problem is, my boyfriend doesn''t see it that way. He thinks it''s okay to book our venue and maybe other things (?) before he proposes. I''m anxious to get engaged and I know that the places we''ve focused on could book up soon. What would be your advice?

A) Book something soon without being officially engaged (this would most likely ensure us getting the place and time of year booked) OR

B) Wait it out and see what happens (possibly not getting the place or the time we''d like)?

doobao

Shiny_Rock
I totally feel what you are talking about!

My bf & I are not planning a wedding since it will be at least a couple years later (I want to finish my MBA first).
But we were talking about holding an engagement party!
He said the ring is being made, and he will propose to me when the time is right, which I totally understand.

The restaurant we''d like to have our engagement party to be held is really popular that you have to make reservation at least 1 month in advance.
& my bf was talking about that we should reserve a date and invite our family & friends....
Pll started to congradulating me when I bring up the engagement party...but we are not even engaged yet! It''s totally wierd......
14.gif

Anyways, so I understand how you feel. But a wedding is kinda different than just an engagement party.
It''d really suck if the wedding of my dream since childhood can''t be at the place/time of my dream....
So I say go for it and book the place & time...just don''t invite people or talk to your family & friends about it until he really proposes. (He will propose before the wedding...right?)

Just my 2 cents & hope it helps
1.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/3/2007 7:34:02 PM
Author: doobao
I totally feel what you are talking about!

My bf & I are not planning a wedding since it will be at least a couple years later (I want to finish my MBA first).
But we were talking about holding an engagement party!
He said the ring is being made, and he will propose to me when the time is right, which I totally understand.

The restaurant we''d like to have our engagement party to be held is really popular that you have to make reservation at least 1 month in advance.
& my bf was talking about that we should reserve a date and invite our family & friends....
Pll started to congradulating me when I bring up the engagement party...but we are not even engaged yet! It''s totally wierd......
14.gif

Anyways, so I understand how you feel. But a wedding is kinda different than just an engagement party.
It''d really suck if the wedding of my dream since childhood can''t be at the place/time of my dream....
So I say go for it and book the place & time...just don''t invite people or talk to your family & friends about it until he really proposes. (He will propose before the wedding...right?)

Just my 2 cents & hope it helps
1.gif
That much I''m sure of!
9.gif
I''m trying not to get frustrated because I know that I DO want the perfect proposal. That may take time and I understand that.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/3/2007 7:21:31 PM
Author:zoebartlett
I really want to be officially engaged before we book anything (and I KNOW my parents feel the same way).
If that''s really how you feel about it, then don''t do it. I felt the same way!

If you have a favorite place, I''d say keep an eye on it so that it doesn''t book before your proposal... otherwise, just tell your guy to get a move on
2.gif

ETA: However, I agree that there''s no harm in planning/booking if you''re sure the proposal is coming (and obviously it is!!). It''s just about your own comfort level, etc.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I feel the exact same way too. We know where we want to book, but I dont want to go ahead and book it without being officially engaged! They''d better get a move on!!

doobao

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/3/2007 7:56:55 PM
Author: zoebartlett

Date: 5/3/2007 7:34:02 PM
Author: doobao

It'd really suck if the wedding of my dream since childhood can't be at the place/time of my dream....
So I say go for it and book the place & time...just don't invite people or talk to your family & friends about it until he really proposes. (He will propose before the wedding...right?)
That much I'm sure of!
9.gif
I'm trying not to get frustrated because I know that I DO want the perfect proposal. That may take time and I understand that.
2.gif
Good good good~
Yeah, that's how I try to calm myself too... I try to put myself into his shoes that how I'll prepare a unforgettable proposal and how time consuming that would be... then I feel better about the whole waiting thing...(but just a little little little anxious and frustrated...lol)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results