shape
carat
color
clarity

So I''ve decided...I''m not picking her ring for her

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, what a beautiful topaz ring. I like the band too.

captainobvious

Shiny_Rock
Thanks!

As you can see from the pictures its a tad too big, so they are going to order the exact size and have it shipped in for us. The gentleman who helped me told me they prefer not to size the ring as they manufacture this line in house (Na Hoku), and because the ring has a partial satin finish which could be more difficult to perfect. They are going to just ship in the exact size for us.

Now comes the fun part of picking her setting and diamond!
9.gif

captainobvious

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/24/2007 10:20:25 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
That''s a FANTASTIC ring Capt. Obvious! WOW!
hubba%20hubba.gif
And congratulations!!
yayy.gif
Thank you !!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay! Congratulations! That ring is gorgeous!

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/24/2007 6:26:15 PM
Author: DMBsGirl
omg that ring is so gorgeous i''d be tempted to keep it as my e-ring!
30.gif

Me too, it''s gorgeous!

Congratulations on your engagement
36.gif
Hope you have a wonderful time choosing the diamond and setting together
1.gif

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring! Does she like it? It is just beautiful. She ends up with 2 beautiful rings, how lucky!
1.gif

fansynancy

Shiny_Rock
The Na Hoku ring is just beautiful. How about a Hawaiian honeymoon??? Congratulations!!!

and Merry Christmas!!!

Nancy

stacy

Shiny_Rock
Congrats on your engagement! That topaz is so gorgeous, and I love that you all are picking out the actual e-ring together. Heck, I would probably want that gorgeous topaz as my e-ring, but the more sparklies, the merrier! Seriously, you did a great job picking out that gorgeous ring, and the thought you''ve put into this makes it even more meaningful.
36.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, that ring is stunning! Congratulations!

I''m so happy for you and Soon-To-Be Mrs. Obvious - and look forward to seeing what you pick for an engagement ring!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Congatulations! You seem very sweet and that topaz is gorgeous! It will be her perfect "something blue" for your wedding! Can''t wait to hear the details!

captainobvious

Shiny_Rock
**UPDATE**

So we went back to the store today to have her sized and get the correct size ring in. (Apparently she wasnt even the size 6 I thought she was, but a size 5
40.gif
)

I figured today would be a great day to go view setting for her "official" diamond ering, now that I had proposed with the Topaz ring.

We took a look at all of the great rings they had at the NaHoku store while they were doing the paperwork to get a size 5 shipped in for her. I pointed out one in particular that I thought was beautiful, and that I actually considered buying for her, but ended up not doing it and getting the topaz temporary instead.( Because I wasn''t sure how she would feel about having an ering with a non-diamond center stone. I didnt tell her this though until later)

After that we decided to start our search at the mall stores to see what types of setting she would think looked best for her. We searched about 5 different shops and came upon one that had a very good selection that was within our budget so we sat down and started going at it. I, with the salesman occasionally jumping in to add something, was pointing out the differences in the styles and the intriquite details she may have otherwise looked over. (Studying up really DOES help
31.gif
)

She tried on quite a few- halo''s, split shanks, antique, pave, etc, etc. and found a setting that she really liked and we decided to grab a bite to eat and take some time to think about it.

Of course after we left she confessed to me that she really loved "that one ring" that I had pointed out in passing in the NaHoku store (the one mentioned above) and said that she REALLY loved that ring. This is when I told her how I thought it was amazing and I had wanted to present it to her originally as her ering, but didnt know how she would feel about the non-diamond center, and I didnt want to give her something she wouldnt adore.
She told me that she thought it was perfect, and that she liked the fact that it was different and unique. I said to her "If you want a traditional diamond ring, thats great. And if you want this ring thats great too. All you have to do is tell me that you love it and that its the one, and it is yours"
She said "its the one!" and started saying "omg! omg! I''m getting my ring!" LOL, It was awesome
36.gif

After hearing that, I told her how that was the ring I had initially felt was the one, but didnt pull the trigger on for the above reasons. She said knowing that made it even more special since she actually picked that one for herself... ( I think thats a good sign, no?
30.gif
)

So to make a long story short, she is now getting this beautiful ring as her official Ering! We are both totally exited and happy!

This is the only unfortunate part: pics will have to wait until the end of January when the ring will be ready
7.gif

louisvgirl

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement. Your topaz ring is or was beautiful and it looked beautiful on her hand. It so wonderful that BOTH of you chose the same exact ring to begin with. You two are meant to be. How exciting!!!!!! Can''t wait to see the wonderful pictures.......ugh......until January......okay.......we''ll wait....HAPPY ENGAGEMENT!!!!!!!!
36.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is awesome! Congratulations on your engagement.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Oh, what a great story! Thanks for sharing, and congratulations on your engagement!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

captainobvious

Shiny_Rock
Heres a photo of the ering that I was sent after requesting one from NaHoku (they are very accommodating!)

It really doesnt do the ring ANY justice
15.gif
, it really looks kinda lifeless in this pic. But at least you can get a taste of what it will look like.

Thanks to all of you for your congratulations and well wishes! After we pick up the ring in late January, I''ll post a new thread with the whole proposal story, new ring pics and handshots, etc.

12811.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results