shape
carat
color
clarity

So I went to the gynecologist today....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/29/2007 7:09:22 PM
Author: Ellen

Date: 11/29/2007 7:05:37 PM
Author: fisherofmengirly
Serious? I''ve never heard of such a thing, and hmm. That''s just odd. Did you look in your mouth? Tonsils are visible. Are they gone? That''s crazy odd. My goodness, that''s something. I''ve never had a ''girly'' dr. make me go, ''ahh'' and look in my mouth, either. Maybe my dr. is neglecting my tonsils.
lol.gif

I looked, but I never could tell where they were when I HAD them. lol

He always makes me say Ah, listens to my lungs, heart, and thumps on my collarbone. I have no idea why, but it''s not painful, so I let him.
grins-xmas.gif
This absolutely made me laugh out loud!!! You are so funny Ellen!!!!!!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I''m just dying with laughter here! I had my tonsils removed at age 6... Owie!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/29/2007 10:07:34 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
So I gotta say my immediate thought when I read the beginning of this thread is that Ellen must be built *differently* than I am if her gyno can feel her tonsils from... um... *THERE*.
HAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

That is the funniest thing I''ve read all week, Dee! TOO funny!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I gotta say my immediate thought when I read the beginning of this thread is that Ellen must be built *differently* than I am if her gyno can feel her tonsils from... um... *THERE*.
While being examined by her gynecologist, a woman hears him say: My god you have a big vagina...My god you have a big vagina...The woman, a bit annoyed says: Doctor, I know I have a big vagina, you don''t have to say it twice. The doctor answers: I didn''t say it twice...I didn''t say it twice...I didn''t say it twice...

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/30/2007 2:30:42 PM
Author: Matata

While being examined by her gynecologist, a woman hears him say: My god you have a big vagina...My god you have a big vagina...The woman, a bit annoyed says: Doctor, I know I have a big vagina, you don''t have to say it twice. The doctor answers: I didn''t say it twice...I didn''t say it twice...I didn''t say it twice...
rotflmao2.gif

Dee, good one too, although, not quite as funny to me, since I''d already gone through the whole speculum, er, spectrum of jokes about this on the way home from the appt.
grins-xmas.gif
25.gif

Delster, I''m sorry. I didn''t even think about possibly alarming anyone, please forgive!

Glad you all had a laugh about this. The more I thought about it, the funnier it became. Maybe not one to tell the kids though...

And, now I''ve been wondering WHY he does all this, since it seems so out of the ordinary, and I realized, it may be because I smoke.
2.gif

*hoping to try to quit again soon*

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/30/2007 4:15:03 PM
Date: 11/30/2007 2:30:42 PM

Author: Matata

Glad you all had a laugh about this. The more I thought about it, the funnier it became. Maybe not one to tell the kids though...

And, now I''ve been wondering WHY he does all this, since it seems so out of the ordinary, and I realized, it may be because I smoke.
2.gif

*hoping to try to quit again soon*

Um, what smokes???

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
6.gif

That took me a few, at first I was like this---->
33.gif

crackup.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/30/2007 4:15:03 PM

And, now I've been wondering WHY he does all this, since it seems so out of the ordinary, and I realized, it may be because I smoke.
2.gif

Ellen,

I found it odd that your GYN examined your tonsils, but I figured it wasn't a perversion. Not as if your ENT wanted to examine your breasts. I figured he has known you a long time and maybe just has an internal medicine approach. Still...I never had a GYN examine my mouth.

Your response above, however, really made me laugh, though. It struck me as hysterically funny. Like my daughter's tutor saying she couldn't make out letters in the book because our chandelier blinded her. It just struck my funny bone. Oh...because you smoke! (And should I let the ENT examine my breasts if I smoke, too? If it doesn't hurt, I mean?) Please don't be offended. I can't stop laughing.

Deb
34.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
creepaway3.gif
<---- Bypassing Zoe's confusion.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/30/2007 6:03:06 PM
Author: AGBF

Ellen,

I found it odd that your GYN examined your tonsils, but I figured it wasn't a perversion. Not as if your ENT wanted to examine your breasts. I figured he has known you a long time and maybe just has an internal medicine approach. Still...I never had a GYN examine my mouth.

Your response above, however, really made me laugh, though. It struck me as hysterically funny. Like my daughter's tutor saying she couldn't make out letters in the book because our chandelier blinded her. It just struck my funny bone. Oh...because you smoke! (And should I let the ENT examine my breasts if I smoke, too? If it doesn't hurt, I mean?) Please don't be offended. I can't stop laughing.

Deb
34.gif
Well, I'm glad you found it funny, always fun to make people laugh.
2.gif

But do you understand why he might do that? Say I'm not a sickly person, and therefore don't see a GP for years on end, this may be the only time a doc can check up on things that could develop from smoking....As in, lung problems, oral/throat cancers/tumors, etc.

Does that not make sense?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/30/2007 6:10:38 PM

Say I'm not a sickly person, and therefore don't see a GP for years on end, this may be the only time a doc can check up on things that could develop from smoking....As in, lung problems, oral/throat cancers/tumors, etc.

Doesn't that not make sense?

I know some women (like my next door neighbor) who see only internists and have the internists do yearly pap smears. I don't think I know anyone who sees a GYN regularly, but never sees an internist. I think that women who make sure they have pap smears and mammograms make sure they have EKGs and cholesterol levels done, too. But you are right that if a woman treated her GYN as a primary care physician he would have more work to do than breasts and pelvic exams. I guess I would tend to look for that kind of doing-a-little-bit-extra exam at clinics for the poor who come in just because they are pregnant and who may not have had the ability to see another physician for any reason in years. I would think a GYN at a hospital treating that population might want to see what might have been neglected. I think of a private physician as dealing with someone fairly privileged who has other health care.

Don't get me wrong; doing more is better than doing less! He did no harm!

Deborah
34.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Uh Ellen,

My gyn never looks in my mouth!!!
23.gif
ha ha ha

Linda

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/30/2007 6:34:44 PM
Author: Linda W
Uh Ellen,

My gyn never looks in my mouth!!!
23.gif
ha ha ha

Linda
tantrum.gif

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I cannot understand why I have become invested in this conversation about a stranger''s lady bits
23.gif
but I felt an unnatural compulsion to google the subject ("gynecologist examining throat") and came up with this http://www.mothernature.com/Library/Bookshelf/Books/32/38.cfm However, it says the doc should "feel" the throat not gaze longingly into it. There are other sites that mentioned a mouth & throat exam as routine part of gyno exam -- checking for yeasty beasties, enlarged throid and stuff like that. Mine never bothers with my mouth -- perhaps he''s exhausted from his efforts to pry into the other tightly clenched areas
14.gif
Relax, he says, riiiiiiight.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ah ha!

"Your doctor should start the examination at the top of your body and move downward from there, says Dr. Sollie. Your doctor may examine your eyes and ears, feel your throat to see if your thyroid is enlarged and listen to your heart and lungs with a stethoscope"
11.gif

And he didn''t gaze longingly into my throat, lol. It''s truly a "say ah", "Ahhhh". That''s it.
25.gif
And I think he may feel my throat, can''t remember. It''s one of those things you do on "auto pilot", not really paying attention, just going through the motions.

I forgot, he does this eye test too. I have to follow his finger without moving my head.

I''ve come to the conclusion (I was getting there before this), that he''s just a very thorough guy. I like that.
5.gif

Thanks Matata!!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Well. I''m one of the women who ONLY sees the Gyno, I don''t bother with those check-up deals. My gyno is aware of this and he still doesn''t examine anything but my lady bits. Course he does take several breast passes....maybe that uses up all his time....

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, I forgot my Gyn feels my boobs too. I had ovarian cancer, so he makes sure no lumps. My yearly exam by my regular Dr. does that too. Hey I get my boobs felt twice a year by doctors. hummmmmmmmm.

Linda
23.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results