shape
carat
color
clarity

so i received my engagement ring...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chansigrilian

Rough_Rock
i figured it''s about time p n i get engaged. i was planning on asking her yesterday but it was too windy, so it looks like hopefully tomorrow evening :)

anyway, thought i''d share some pics of the ring. this thing is hard to photograph, any tips are appreciated, these are the best of the dozen or so pics i took. specs are down below for those interested.

thering1.JPG

thering2.JPG

ring is 18k white gold.
center diamond is an ideal cut princess .70 carat, gia certed, vs2 clarity, f color.
side diamonds are eight channel set princess cut total weight .31 carat, vs2 clarity, f color.
emeralds are princess cut total weight .26 carat and are some of the finest i''ve ever seen.

everything was done by james allen, i think they did a wonderful job. it took them about a week longer than initially discussed but well worth it in the end.

so that''s my engagement ring, wish me luck :)

brneyedgrl

Shiny_Rock
You might try taking some pictures from a bit of a distance. Also, try taking some pics in more natural light. I''m still learning how to take pix as well. It is so hard to make the diamonds look defined. I look forward to seeing more pictures. :)

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
from what I see, I love it!

Congratulations!

fyi, a friend of mine has emerald sidestones and she told me she has to be careful what she uses to clean the ring. If your fiance-to-be is the type to clean her jewelry, you might want to let her know that emeralds won''t do well with repeated washings using certain cleansers.

best wishes on a memorable proposal!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
[Jaw-drop]

Wow! Did you design it yourself? It''s incredible! The pics are pretty blurry but I love seeing unique rings and those emeralds ROCK. Beautiful! Have you tried the macro setting on your camera? Set it to macro and the key is to have PLENTY of light (sun is best) and a steady hand. Also, instead of holding the camera right up to the box, keep it some distance away and zoom in. We need more pics!!!

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Wow! I can''t wait to see clearer pictures. Try taking a picture from further away, which may make it easier for the camera to focus, and cropping it down.

Are the ring''s green and white squares related to the chess set in your avatar?

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
That ring is simply exquisite - so pretty and unique!!! We must see clearer pictures of this beauty when you have a chance. Good luck with your proposal!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, it is gorgeous! Good luck with the proposal
1.gif

And don''t forget to keep working on more pics
31.gif

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Looks great. Love the emerald side stones. Hand pics please.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous from what I can see, especially with those sidestones the ring seems to pop! Try using the macro function on your camera (the green flower icon)...it allows you to take focused pictures of nearby objects.

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
wowza! gorgeous, and I can bet she''ll love it.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s looks very lovely from what I can see too. I would love to see some clearer shots if you can get them
1.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s lovely from what I can see also. Love the emerald sides. Good luck tomorrow, she''ll love it!!!

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I love the emerald/diamond combo!! It''s beautiful from what I can tell!!
30.gif
30.gif

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
That looks really beautiful, and I love the side emerald stones! Good job!
21.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooo, it looks like it is just gorgeous. I hope you can get some clearer shots as well as some hand shots. Good luck on your proposal!!

Garysax

Shiny_Rock
Please take more pictures, I have to see more of those emeralds!

Kaylyn

Shiny_Rock
I love that, and I hope you can post better pictures soon! Emerald is my birthstone, and I love the way the green looks against that bright white.

Amazing.
30.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
what a beautiful ring

chansigrilian

Rough_Rock
some more pics of the ring, including a few hand shots. she said yes. btw, thanks for the information on macro shots, it worked quite well. thanks also for all your encouragement and kind words. best wishes.

sm001.JPG

sm002.JPG

sm003.JPG

sm004.JPG

sm005.JPG

sm006.JPG

sm007.JPG

sm008.JPG

sm009.JPG

sm010.JPG

sm011.JPG

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much for posting more pictures of that fabulous ring! Of course she said yes!!! Congratulations!

Carlotta

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful...love the contrast of the stones..

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely pics! You done good with the macro setting! It looks really beautiful on your DF''s hand. Congrats!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it. The emeralds are so pretty and look great with the diamonds!!!!

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!
36.gif

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
oh, lovely!
the emeralds look fantastic!
congratulations on your engagement!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The emeralds and diamonds together are just beautiful! Congrats on a wonderful ring and on your engagement!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! The emeralds are very nice!

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Congrats!! I love how the emeralds make the stone pop!!!
2.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m in love with that ring! Truly unique and a work of art! GREAT JOB and CONGRATS!!!

orangevixen

Shiny_Rock
i agree with kristy. totally unique and fabulous
1.gif
congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results