shape
carat
color
clarity

So, I need some DUST, too!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Hi guys...

ilovesparkles inspired me...

There is so much change in everyone''s lives - obviously for us all here, getting married, figuring out our relationships, jobs, new homes, new apts, moving in together, merging finances, and on and on. It can be very stressful but wonderful, too. I think I have always believed in fate in that if something happens or something changes, it is because it was meant to be....even though it can be difficult at the time.

So, I am asking for DUST because I really, really need a change in my life.

I have been at my job for 8 years now and have been truly miserable for the last 2 - 3 years. I have seen this company deteriorate from something that I loved and had pride in, to a company that no longer values its employees, to a company that chooses profits over people, to a company that distrusts its employees, to a company that should really just hire robots and not creative people with minds of their own. They have truly lost their way and I want out...I''m done.

We knew layoffs were coming, but we finally received the confirmed timeline. We are receiving "training" about the process on Tuesday, and will probably hear by Friday or the following week at the latest if we have been "retained" or not.

I really DO NOT want to be retained. I''ve done a lot of thinking, and if I can get the severance, it will really give me a cushion for the change I need.

So, please, I need LOTS of dust...throw me some DUST so I can get laid off!!!!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let me get laid off!!!!!!!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
more DDDDDDDUUUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
*sprinkle sprinkle*

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Hehe, i have never given dust for someone to get laid off before!! but here you go....

********************************************DUST************************************************

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Dust for my fellow PSer! As odd as it sounds, DUST for your layoff!

***DUST***DUST***DUST***DUST***DUST***DUST***DUST***DUST***DUST***DUST***DUST***DUST***DUST***DUST***DUST***DUST***DUST***DUST***DUST***DUST***DUST***DUST***DUST***DUST***DUST***DUST***DUST***DUST***DUST***DUST***DUST***DUST***DUST***DUST***DUST***DUST***DUST***DUST***DUST***DUST

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
DUST for you. Being unhappy at your job is one of the worst feelings ever. You just dread everyday, and dread Monday on Friday afternoon. I was like that for a year at my job, and luckily, I was able to get an amazing job. So, MUCH DUST!!!!!!!!!

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
~~~*******DUST!*******~~~

Is there a sympathetic manager/HR person who you can mention your layoff hopes to?

I think any company would prefer to layoff those who don''t mind as much (if that''s ever an option).

If you make your feelings known I think your wishes are more likely to come true.

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
oh my!!!!! dust that you get laid off!!!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sending tons of dust!!

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone!!! I really hope we hear something this week. Just being in limbo land is killin'' me!!

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/11/2009 1:48:25 AM
Author: HopeDream

Is there a sympathetic manager/HR person who you can mention your layoff hopes to?

I think any company would prefer to layoff those who don''t mind as much (if that''s ever an option).

If you make your feelings known I think your wishes are more likely to come true.

I WISH! In past layoffs that I have been through at this company, this was an option...you could essentially take your name out of the pool for the new job placements. Another department was given that choice for this round, and about 60% of them opted for the severance vs. waiting to see if they had a job. I really wish they would just do that and then they would be keeping the people who actually still *want* to be there.

Oh it is so difficult right now....I am so worried that I will be retained cuz then I''ll really have to figure things out!!!

PS Dust please do your thing!!!!

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
I have come back to DUST you with my successful PS dust! I got a job, so now I want you to lose yours! Oh I am so exhilarated right now! I hope and pray you will get that severance package and you are able to start a fresh with something you love and will thrive at! DUST DUST DUST!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
***DUST***DUST***DUST***DUST***DUST***DUST***DUST***DUST***DUST***DUST***DUST***DUST***

I hope for wonderful, positive change in your life, and for a job that makes you smile a lot and cry sometimes (in a good way only, of course). Best of luck to you!

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
So, HopeDream got me thinking...I wonder if there is a way to somehow "plant the seed."

I was supposed to meet with my boss today and tomorrow, but I called off for today because, well, what''s the point...and I was kind of in a freak-out. But, I called him today to see if he wanted to meet tomorrow as planned and just go over some things. I''m thinking I may just bring up my wishes in a tactful way. Ask if he has any input (which I doubt he does)...or if he can somehow make my wishes known to his boss, HR or whoever.

This is a slippery slope because if I am retained, I will have sabotaged myself a bit...and I''ll have to somehow recover from that. I''ll have to keep my job for a little while because I won''t have that "severance cushion." But, I guess if I plan to move on anyway, who cares, right?

Tell me if you think I am crazy, or if this is a good idea...

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, rhb, for the advice...that is exactly what I ended up doing.

We met this morning and we talked about the layoffs and what to expect with the severance and everything. He didn''t have much more information, but fortunately the frank manner in which he spoke gave me an opportunity to hint around that I would NOT be too terribly upset if I got laid off. Of course, I talked in very general terms...and so did he...but I think he got the hint!!

So, as far as timeline, we now have a definite window that it could happen as early as Friday or as late as next Friday.

I''m just gonna try to relax, and hopefully let ***PS DUST*** work it''s magic!!!!

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
DUST!!!

cleokizzy

Brilliant_Rock
*** a hunky truck driver just delivered a ton of dust to your doorstep ***

9.gif
please make sure to sign the delivery confirmation!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results