shape
carat
color
clarity

So I have my BM and FG dress and a colour but not sure what colour flowers to go with :/

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Thought I would share the dresses and ask for some advice as it says above I finally have dresses for the girls there not a 100% what I wanted, or the colour or the fact that they now all match but hey as long as everyone is happy - I can deal.

My lovely FMIL is making the girls dresses (which is really sweet of her) The patterns are below but they look scary compared to the real product, I have seen the mock up she is using to fit them and it looks beautiful she is really doing an awesome job.

You might need to use your imagination cause the patterns are a little scary but the dresses IRL are really well fitted and beautiful :).

The neckline of the BM''s dress is modified to be more like this and the scary tummy bow is not in either - there will be a bow but smaller and to the side or back.

The little ones will be in two tone white bodices and ruffle dark bottoms which I think will look cute

The colour of the material is called storm, it is a steely grey with an almost lilac/lavender/mauve reflect in it that catches the light. Flower wise I was thinking possibly purples, pale pinks and white does anyone have any different suggestions?

Sorry if this post is all jumbled - I hope I made some sense :) - less then 3mths to go now *eeeek*

Dresses below (material to follow)

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
lets try attaching the photo :razz:

deelightsbmdresses.jpg

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
and the dress colours - the colour is quite pretty but has a really strange reflect which I am not sure what to pair with

Any suggestions greatly appreciated

ETA - the pink ribbon is not being included and the girls in the pictures are not the BM's the fabric store did a mock up on cut outs for me :)

deesmaterialcolours.jpg

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Since it's going to be a late spring wedding, I'd suggest tones of fushia, pale pink, and ivory. If you are having ribbons on the handles with trailers, I'd use shades of gray and purples. That color is pretty much a neutral, believe it or not, and would work well with SO many colors. I'd bring a swatch of fabric to the florist so that they can show you how certain flowers will look against it.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the suggestion Melissa :), only thing is it will be a winter wedding (I am in Australia) however where I am whether it is winter or summer it looks the same so not sure that matters anyway :razz:.

I am also toying with deep red flowers but I am thinking it might not look right?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think any shade of pink would look lovely up against the steel color.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
No fushia. No orange. no red. IMO.

I''d go for greens, purples, blues and pastel pinks. Ephemeries bouquet is one of my favorites... and it would look stunning with you dresses.

Ephemery''s bouqet.

EphFlowers.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
http://www.projectwedding.com/photo/browse?photo_to_show=444181&tag=purple&thumbs_page=129 If you wanted Fushia, this is what you'd do. Personally, not a fan.

http://www.projectwedding.com/photo/browse?photo_to_show=683473&tag=purple&thumbs_page=129 Her bouquet brings together the color of your BM dresses and red. But I just don't think it would look good, unless the BM dresses were navy, red, or well... someother color, personally.

http://www.projectwedding.com/photo/browse?photo_to_show=498740&tag=purple&thumbs_page=160 Something like this, but with more white/ivory in it might work to pull together deep red with that purple/silver/blue color.

I'd probably go for something like this though. http://www.projectwedding.com/photo/browse?photo_to_show=1239640&tag=purple&thumbs_page=168

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Thanks tyty333 :)

Gypsy thank you so much for all the suggestions there are some really beautiful choices there :) and I agree Ephemery''s bouqet is beautiful.

The more I think about red the more I think possibly not only because of the reflect, I saw red and grey on the perfect pallette and it looked beautiful but the reflect was well grey.

I really need to book an appointment with the florist this week so I can finalise some flowers I really want peony''s but due to season they likely won''t happen

Thanks everyone for the help :)

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/15/2010 9:00:24 AM
Author: Winks_Elf
Since it''s going to be a late spring wedding, I''d suggest tones of fushia, pale pink, and ivory. If you are having ribbons on the handles with trailers, I''d use shades of gray and purples. That color is pretty much a neutral, believe it or not, and would work well with SO many colors. I''d bring a swatch of fabric to the florist so that they can show you how certain flowers will look against it.
Date: 3/15/2010 9:00:24 AM

A big, HUGE ditto! I prefer pinks of any shade or hue. To me, the purples look very monotone. I personally prefer a big splash of color against the BM dresses. But I think it all comes down to preference. The photos Gypsy provided are very pretty, it just isn''t what I like. I think the pinks would highlight the undertone/reflection/sheen of the dress material, and just pop against the steel gray.

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
I think pink and ivory.

shertz1981

Shiny_Rock
Bright green cymbidium orchids would look amazing. Or green hydrangea or hyacinth ... fluffy white/cream roses (I dunno if English garden roses are in season for you then, but they''re ruffly goodness). You could do white orchids, too.

Or do a bouquet with Irish bells, lilies of the valley ...

Shades of pink would be amazing too -- cherry blossoms, peonies, blush roses ...

I even think you could do burnt orange (it''s a good neutral), but I''d stay away from red.

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
I agree with pale pinks and ivory and perhaps some light blue or green

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
ilovesparkles thanks hun - still undecided but you bring up some really valid points as well - who knew picking flowers would be hard :razz:

oddoneout and Maevie thank you :)

shertz1981 I swear I am a flower norm, I had to google the ones you mentioned - you have lovely taste - the lillies of the valley remind me of a holiday in Serbia as a child they kinda look like (but not) a flower called a visy baba (literal translation hanging granny) which grows in the fields in the country where my mum was born and raised - very whimsical.

I adore cherry blossoms I really wanted to get married under a giant cherry blossom tree but couldn''t find any here
7.gif

The burnt orange is an intersting colour hadn''t thought about that ;-)

You ladies have given me a lot to think about - I would if possible like to include carnations in either my, the FG or the BM bouquets they were my mum''s favourite flower (she is no longer here
7.gif
) and the first bunch of flowers FI ever gave me so the sentmentality would be lovely.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
I think the pale pink and ivory would look so pretty against that color!

shertz1981

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/17/2010 7:15:14 AM
Author: Deelight

shertz1981 I swear I am a flower norm, I had to google the ones you mentioned - you have lovely taste - the lillies of the valley remind me of a holiday in Serbia as a child they kinda look like (but not) a flower called a visy baba (literal translation hanging granny) which grows in the fields in the country where my mum was born and raised - very whimsical.

I adore cherry blossoms I really wanted to get married under a giant cherry blossom tree but couldn''t find any here
7.gif

The burnt orange is an intersting colour hadn''t thought about that ;-)

I am a flower doof - when I went to the florist for the first time, she told me (nicely, because she is a lovely person) that she couldn''t get ANY of the flowers I wanted for my August wedding. So I had to educate myself quickly!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results