shape
carat
color
clarity

So, I can''t hear and I''ve got these 9 Kiwi''s....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have been sick two weeks today. Started with a cold, went to an ear infection. Doc put me on an anti-biotic, which not only didn''t work, it made me sicker, some kind of reaction. Now both ears are clogged, and I''m deafer than a door knob. I have also had a headache for 2 days now, think I''m getting the flu bug my son just got over. I''m sick of being sick.
20.gif
And waiting for the new drugs to work....

But enough of that, let''s discuss the fruit, there is a relation here.
9.gif

Because I''ve been sick, my dear hubby went to the store for me, and came home with a 9 pack of Kiwi. I asked him why, he said, I know you like them. lol Yes, I do. And occassionally I''ll buy ONE to snack on, not NINE. So, what DO you do with nine Kiwi''s?
lol.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
ahhh, Miss Ellen, sorry to hear you don''t feel good. I hope you feel better soon. That was sweet of hubby. Men are so funny sometimes; he sounds like my husband!! Call dial a nurse and they should help you on why you are getting worse; the hearing thing sounds bad. I would call quick; I hope you aren''t allergic to the antibiotics.

Here is a recipe

Kiwi Berrie Spritzer
1/3 cup Kiwi Berrie puree
1/2 cup orange juice
3/4 cup club soda
Combine Kiwi Berrie puree, and orange juice until smooth.
Add 1/2 cup of the mixture to a tall glass.
Add club soda and stir.
Garnish with fresh mint or lemon slices.

Easy for Entrees
Combine Anna Kiwi Berrie puree and lemon juice.
Serve as a sauce over a skinless breast of chicken.

OR…combine:

2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1/2 cup pear nectar or apple juice
24 kiwi berries, finely cut
4 to 5 Kiwi Berries pureed
In a small sauce pan, combine sugar and cornstarch, mixing well. stir in nectar or juice. cook over
medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils, about 2 to 3 minutes. Cool. Stir in
cut and pureed kiwi berries. Cover and chill.
Serve with cooked poultry or ham.

from here http://www.kiwiberry.com/recipes%20css.htm

Makes about 1-2/3 cups

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/27/2007 5:32:36 PM
Author:Ellen
I have been sick two weeks today. Started with a cold, went to an ear infection. Doc put me on an anti-biotic, which not only didn''t work, it made me sicker, some kind of reaction. Now both ears are clogged, and I''m deafer than a door knob. I have also had a headache for 2 days now, think I''m getting the flu bug my son just got over. I''m sick of being sick.
20.gif

9.gif

Because I''ve been sick, my dear hubby went to the store for me, and came home with a 9 pack of Kiwi. I asked him why, he said, I know you like them. lol Yes, I do. And occassionally I''ll buy ONE to snack on, not NINE. So, what DO you do with nine Kiwi''s?
lol.gif

Even when you''re sick you slay me! OMG, I have tears streaming!

I am sorry you are ill, though. That part is not funny. Hope the antibiotics kick in and you''re better tomorrow.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ellen,
I am sorry you are sick!!
15.gif
But even sick, your sense of humor is so awesome!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
My dear Skippy, thank you, and thanks for the link/recipes. I was reading up on them, seems they are VERY good for the immune system.....Interesting!

And I talked to the doc again, he knows about my ears. I think it just got a strong hold cuz the first med didn''t work, I''ll be fine I''m sure.
2.gif

Lump, thanks.
9.gif
2.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/27/2007 6:05:33 PM
Author: Kaleigh
Ellen,
I am sorry you are sick!!
15.gif
But even sick, your sense of humor is so awesome!!
Thanks Kaleigh. It helps to laugh.....
2.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
I hope you start feeling better soon! I''d have your hubby make a yummy fruit salad.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/27/2007 5:32:36 PM
Author:Ellen
20.gif

9.gif

lol.gif
HI:

When life serves you Kiwi''s Ellen, you make Kiwiade.....
9.gif
Gell well soon!

cheers--Sharon

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Kiwi lemonade like they have at Applebee''s??? Anyway I sure hope you get to feeling better soon Ellen!

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Are you on a stronger antibiotic now? How about antihistamine? Those middle ears gotta get unglued. Keep yourself hydrated. As in, hot bath and red wine.
2.gif

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/27/2007 6:28:27 PM
Author: Sundial
Kiwi lemonade like they have at Applebee''s??? Anyway I sure hope you get to feeling better soon Ellen!
I did not know that Applebees had that! Sounds wonderful.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry to hear you''re sick. Kiwis, yum! I''ve never had one but what about a kiwi smoothie?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ellen, hope you feel better soon! I have no idea what you could do with 9 kiwis. I thought when I read your thread title that you had 9 Australians in your house, and maybe it was those Thunder down Under guys? LOL!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That kiwi berry spritzer thing that Skippy posted sounds pretty good (with some VODKA, LOL!). Would probably be good for my leg too. I'll be over in an hour.
9.gif

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/27/2007 5:47:50 PM
Author: Skippy123
ahhh, Miss Ellen, sorry to hear you don''t feel good. I hope you feel better soon. That was sweet of hubby. Men are so funny sometimes; he sounds like my husband!! Call dial a nurse and they should help you on why you are getting worse; the hearing thing sounds bad. I would call quick; I hope you aren''t allergic to the antibiotics.

Here is a recipe

Kiwi Berrie Spritzer

1/3 cup Kiwi Berrie puree

1/2 cup orange juice

3/4 cup club soda

Combine Kiwi Berrie puree, and orange juice until smooth.

Add 1/2 cup of the mixture to a tall glass.

Add club soda and stir.

Garnish with fresh mint or lemon slices.

Easy for Entrees

Combine Anna Kiwi Berrie puree and lemon juice.

Serve as a sauce over a skinless breast of chicken.

OR…combine:

2 tablespoons sugar

2 teaspoons cornstarch

1/2 cup pear nectar or apple juice

24 kiwi berries, finely cut

4 to 5 Kiwi Berries pureed

In a small sauce pan, combine sugar and cornstarch, mixing well. stir in nectar or juice. cook over

medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils, about 2 to 3 minutes. Cool. Stir in

cut and pureed kiwi berries. Cover and chill.

Serve with cooked poultry or ham.

from here http://www.kiwiberry.com/recipes%20css.htm

Makes about 1-2/3 cups

These recipes sound divine...

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Miranda, thank you. And thanks for making me laugh, at hubby making me a fruit salad. Riiiiiight.
9.gif

Sharon, thanks. And I love it, Kiwiade!!
9.gif

Sundial, thank you! Does Applebee''s really have that??

Julia, yes, he put me on different meds, thanks. Hydration, yer right.
2.gif

zoe, thanks. That smoothie doesn''t sound bad either....You should try them!

Monarch, your post had me howling.
9.gif
Nine Aussie men in my house?? I wish.....And thank you!

Dee, lmao. It would be good for your leg, the alcohol, killin the germs yanno.
9.gif

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
oioioi kiwis are new zealanders, not aussies!
3.gif

Ellen, hope you feel better soon!

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
Mmmmmm, I threw a kiwi in with some strawberries for my smoothie today and it was delicious. If it''s too tart some splenda or sugar smoothes it right over.

Sorry to hear about your ears and other ills. Get better soon!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/27/2007 8:01:26 PM
Author: JadeLeaves
3.gif

Hmmm, do they have the same accent??
31.gif
9.gif

Thanks Jade!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/27/2007 8:08:52 PM
Author: ladyciel
Mmmmmm, I threw a kiwi in with some strawberries for my smoothie today and it was delicious. If it''s too tart some splenda or sugar smoothes it right over.

Sorry to hear about your ears and other ills. Get better soon!
We actually have some strawberries, although I haven''t checked on them lately....Thanks!

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/27/2007 8:15:34 PM
Author: Ellen

Date: 7/27/2007 8:01:26 PM
3.gif

31.gif
9.gif

Thanks Jade!
Similar Ellen but its a running joke here in Ausland (as there are SO MANY kiwis that live here) they say some words very differently for example the number six is pronunced sex if you are a kiwi (Much hilarity from us Aussies when they do this) and fish is pronuunced feesh (again we crack up
26.gif
). We Aussies probably have lots of things that annoy them too so I hope I have''nt offended my fellow ANZACS.
Oh by the way get better Ellen I had this for 3 months last year and it was so irritating

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/27/2007 8:29:13 PM
Author: katebar

Date: 7/27/2007 8:15:34 PM
Author: Ellen

31.gif
9.gif

Thanks Jade!
Similar Ellen but its a running joke here in Ausland (as there are SO MANY kiwis that live here) they say some words very differently for example the number six is pronunced sex if you are a kiwi (Much hilarity from us Aussies when they do this) and fish is pronuunced feesh (again we crack up
26.gif
). We Aussies probably have lots of things that annoy them too so I hope I have''nt offended my fellow ANZACS.
Oh by the way get better Ellen I had this for 3 months last year and it was so irritating
Funny.
9.gif
But then, how do they pronounce sex??!

And thanks. Gosh, I hope I don''t have it that long.
23.gif
Sorry to hear you did!

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Lol katebar - your six and fish had me in tears over here!

Ellen, according to my kiwi mate whom I just had to ring to find out how he pronounces ''sex'', he said, "the same way u roo f**kers say ''six''".

(hee hee sorry abt the rude word, but it was pretty much verbatim)

Mind you, it just sounded like he was saying ''sex'' anyway :razz:

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/27/2007 8:45:56 PM
Lol katebar - your six and fish had me in tears over here!

Ellen, according to my kiwi mate whom I just had to ring to find out how he pronounces ''sex'', he said, ''the same way u roo f**kers say ''six''''.

(hee hee sorry abt the rude word, but it was pretty much verbatim)

Mind you, it just sounded like he was saying ''sex'' anyway :razz:
lol.gif
Thanks Jade!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results