shape
carat
color
clarity

So get this!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Just got this email regarding the extra keg for our reception

Based on the number of guests that you are expecting, we will only allow one keg.

So we have over 200 guests and are only allowed 1 keg? REALLY?! That is just ridiculous.

Needless to say I will not be recommending this venue after the amount of money we have paid for it and not being allowed this one thing?
Just ridiculous...

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
to which I followed up with this email, I really hope I was not too rude
40.gif

Hi L,

I''m curious what number of guests IS required for a second keg because really...we have over 200 people coming and that equates to about one free drink per guest. I would think it would not be unreasonable to have a second keg with the consideration that you are located directly next to a bar that offers 2 for 1 beers every night and we do not want our guests leaving the reception to go over there because it is cheaper.

Thank you for this consideration,
smurfy

dani2142

Shiny_Rock
Hey girlie. So are you guys purchasing the keg yourselves and then bringing it to the venue? That''s the only reason I can see why they would care. I know some places do not allow you to bring your own alcohol. Man... what a pain. I''d just do the open bar if at all possible... save yourself all this headache girlie! :)

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
No we are purchasing the keg from the venue. Nor will they let us use a larger keg than 16 gallons.
Oh did I mention that we can''t decorate til 9am the day of the wedding, not a really big deal but pictures are at noon and I didn''t want to be rushing around doing things ugh

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
I agree with what a PP said in your other post about this - I think they are trying to bully you into just purchasing an open bar. Unfortunately, I don''t know what the fix is
7.gif

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
HAH!!!! I always knew my stubborness and knowledge of beer specials would come in handy, I''ll let you know when I get an answer :)

"I am always willing to ask the questions - Please let me check with our
Food & Beverage Manager and General Manager as they can make the final
decision.
I will let you know as soon and I get an answer."

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Keepin my fingers crossed for ya!

dani2142

Shiny_Rock
LOL that''s hilarious. I hope they give in. Idiots!!!

On anther note, try not to worry about this too much. Don''t let it ruin your special day!!!
35.gif

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
That is pretty bad - 1 keg for 200 people?!? Crazy! The last wedding I was at was 150 people, and we went through 2 kegs with ease. Ran out early! And, wine was offered as well.

I''ve seen 3 kegs for a 50 person party........................

ONE is not enough!!!

dani2142

Shiny_Rock
Yeah you can never have enough beer in my opinion. I love beer!!! :)

My fiance'' and I have a keg of our favorite beer (New Belgium''s Fat Tire) on draft at our house. It''s lasts us a good 3 months and most of the time we don''t drink it all. But man that beer is delicious!!!!

Keep us updated Smurfyimproved
35.gif

meresal

Ideal_Rock
And this does not make me an alcoholic...

But one keg serves about 160 12oz beers. We did the caculations on random day in college.

That is not even enough for every one of your guests to have a beer. Ridiculous.

ETA:
My guess is, they plan on serving in 8oz or 6oz glasses. Have you seen them yet? Also, how many of your guests are of drinking age?

nkarma

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/28/2009 4:11:19 PM
Author: dani2142

My fiance'' and I have a keg of our favorite beer (New Belgium''s Fat Tire) on draft at our house. It''s lasts us a good 3 months and most of the time we don''t drink it all. But man that beer is delicious!!!!

35.gif
NICE!!! I have never heard of anyone doing that at their house. How do you keep it fresh? Do you need a kegerator or something else?

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Smurfy,

My best friend''s venue for her wedding had that restraint as well as some others. No beer cans, no beer bottles. Only 1 keg. So they had the 1 keg, had a TON of cheap white and red wine Yellow foot, Trader Joes, etc), water and sodas. No hard liquor. It worked out but they were pretty peeved at the 1 keg limit!

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/28/2009 4:11:19 PM
Author: dani2142

35.gif
***threadjack****

I LOVE FAT TIRE!!!!!!! you can''t get it in ohio or surrounding states- i have to go to chicago to get it! it is my favorite beer, hands down. its even better on tap, IMO! you lucky, lucky girll!!

***threadjack over***

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/28/2009 5:59:57 PM
Author: february2003bride
Smurfy,

My best friend''s venue for her wedding had that restraint as well as some others. No beer cans, no beer bottles. Only 1 keg. So they had the 1 keg, had a TON of cheap white and red wine Yellow foot, Trader Joes, etc), water and sodas. No hard liquor. It worked out but they were pretty peeved at the 1 keg limit!
This is a great idea. You could get a few cases of 2 buck chuck and it''d be ~$50. Wine is consumed more slowly than beer, so it''d go further too.

dani2142

Shiny_Rock
Charbie- HAHAHA omg... that''s so funny. We live in Michigan and have to drive to Indiana to get it. We used to drive to Chicago to get it but they now have it in Indiana!!!!!!!!!! Isn''t it amazing!!!

Sorry for the threadjack
7.gif

nkarma- My fiance''s family owns a bar/restaurant here in Michigan and his budweiser rep came over to our house and made our old fridge into a kegerator. I''ll post a pic with my cellphone LOL

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
lol im still waiting to find out the verdict
but i do know we''re not allowed to bring our own liquor for some dumb reason

nkarma

Brilliant_Rock
Dani, can you send him to my house too???

I too am a Fat Tire fan, but I think I would put something else in there...maybe some Hef, maybe some belgium beers, who knows, maybe there would be a special every month. Ok maybe it's good I don't have one, I feel like I would never leave the house.

That is so cool you are getting married in Negril. It is probably my top choice for places to get married. Should be BEAUTIFUL!!! I am doing DW too, but probably Riviera Maya in MX because it's closer for guests on the west coast. I am jealous though.

Amanda.Rx

Brilliant_Rock
Can you get around that by serving mini-bottles as favors for your guests? You could wrap them up all pretty! Ha Ha. Sorry your venue is being so crappy.

KatM

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/28/2009 8:21:18 PM
Author: Amanda.Rx
Can you get around that by serving mini-bottles as favors for your guests? You could wrap them up all pretty! Ha Ha. Sorry your venue is being so crappy.
ooo, great idea! but maybe instead of mini-botties, serve 40s? that would be great.

Date: 10/29/2009 12:08:00 AM
Author: KatM
Date: 10/28/2009 8:21:18 PM

Author: Amanda.Rx

ooo, great idea! but maybe instead of mini-botties, serve 40s? that would be great.

haha perfect! Then your guests can play Edward 40-hands at your wedding ^_^ (Mine might actually do that ;-) )

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/28/2009 4:22:12 PM
Author: meresal
And this does not make me an alcoholic...

But one keg serves about 160 12oz beers. We did the caculations on random day in college.

That is not even enough for every one of your guests to have a beer. Ridiculous.

ETA:

My guess is, they plan on serving in 8oz or 6oz glasses. Have you seen them yet? Also, how many of your guests are of drinking age?

Love the disclaimer Mer!
9.gif

It does sound a little stingy, especially at a wedding where some guests, unfortunately, drink beer just cos it''s free
40.gif

ts44

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah you seriously need to stick to your guns on this one. Bring the kegs with you if you have to, damn the man! I was at a friend''s wedding where they did a free wine and beer bar and liquor was available if you wanted to pay for it. Great time, but I watched this one kid put down, no joke, 14 freakin beers in an hour and a half....because they were free.

Tell them if they don''t allow you to purchase the extra kegs through them, you will be forced to bring your own because one is not going to be enough, and I''m sure they don''t want the bad PR that you will spread to EVERYBODY YOU KNOW about how STINGY AND AWFUL they are. I''m sure that given those two choices, they would rather charge you for the extra kegs than have you bring your own.

cammy85

Shiny_Rock
Do you think they''re worried about this being a liability issue? I know that my venue had an open bar, and I didn''t think people would go nuts, but I got day-of insurance to cover me just in case something got damaged. I don''t agree with the fact that they are denying you another keg - especially since you are paying for it! My only thought as to why they would be so stingy is the liability issues, but then again, they should be insured for that sort of thing anyway, so why they''re being such hard-a$$es is beyond me.

Keep us updated Smurfy!

ts44

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/29/2009 9:40:24 AM
Author: cammy85
Do you think they''re worried about this being a liability issue? I know that my venue had an open bar, and I didn''t think people would go nuts, but I got day-of insurance to cover me just in case something got damaged. I don''t agree with the fact that they are denying you another keg - especially since you are paying for it! My only thought as to why they would be so stingy is the liability issues, but then again, they should be insured for that sort of thing anyway, so why they''re being such hard-a$$es is beyond me.

Keep us updated Smurfy!
They actually want Smurfy to get an open bar, which seems like it would be more of a liability issue to them than the restrictions on alcohol she''s currently going with! So their behavior seems calculated only to bully her into paying more for the open bar, which is, politely, bulldookey!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results