shape
carat
color
clarity

so frustrated with jeweler we''''ve been dealing with....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

caseyp2005

Rough_Rock
My fiance and I picked out a wedding band (I got the 9 diamond princess cut band from signed pieces and I love it). Well we decided that my current engagement ring band doesn''t look that great with it because it has baguettes. We thought we would just go back to the jeweler where he got the engagement ring and we could just pick out a new one. We did that 2 weeks ago and found a perfect cathedral solitare setting in platinum that looked perfect with my ring.

Well they called me today to tell me they have searched everywhere for something similar (the one there was in white gold) and they can''t find anything. They said they would have to custom make it and it would cost $800. It is just simple cathedral style band. I have seen them all over the internet! And they were not $800!!

All I wanted was a simple solitare setting for my engagement ring that will sit flush with my wedding band. Any suggestions?!??! I am wondering if I bought something online if I could find somewhere else local that will set it. We were also going to upgrade my diamond to a 1 carat with the same jeweler and that has been a whole other ordeal so I think we just need to find a better local jeweler!

If you can provide any suggestions of settings - just a solitare that will look good with this band - I would appreciate it soooo much! Or if you know of online places I could look to get other ideas! I would do a simple tiffany style if they could get it to sit up a little higher and they said they probably couldn''t do that either. Thanks!!

7886.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
it looks like Niceice might have what you are looking for. check out this link

you might consider trying to see if you could get a mounting from Signedpieces.

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
There is a large catalog online at www.stuller.com that contains quite a few mountings rather like you describe. They don''t sell directly to consumers but almost every jeweler in the US does business with them and can get their rings. If you see something you like, jot down the item number, ring up your jeweler and ask them for a price. Stuller usually ships very quickly so they should be able to get it fairly readilly. Buying the mounting from the same jeweler who will be setting it can save you quite a bit of grief at the back end and most are pretty happy to accomidate this sort of order.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ISA NAJA
Independent Appraisals in Denver

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results