shape
carat
color
clarity

so excited!

lavatea

Brilliant_Rock
I finally have some time to update this thread. I've had the ring back in my hands for about a month now. DanielM fixed it as promised and returned my shipping costs. I just wanted to let everyone here know that they did make this right in the end. Someday I may get around to taking new pictures.

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
well I'm happy to hear you have good news on your ring. It's a shame it took so many 'tries' to get it right, however, at least they did right by you in 1. fixing your ring and 2. returning your shipping costs.

would love to see pics of the 'new and improved' setting :)

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
That's good to hear. I'm glad that you have your ring back safely, and it's impressive that they refunded shipping.

I will say, however, that after the first time (the uneven U-prongs) they should not have returned the ring to you without making sure that it was perfect. There should have been no need for a third round of fixing.

lavatea

Brilliant_Rock
Aoife|1312414538|2983553 said:
That's good to hear. I'm glad that you have your ring back safely, and it's impressive that they refunded shipping.

I will say, however, that after the first time (the uneven U-prongs) they should not have returned the ring to you without making sure that it was perfect. There should have been no need for a third round of fixing.

ITA. But they were professional and courteous through the whole thing, so that makes up for it a bit.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
That's good news and I think I use them just because of the good customer service. Everyone makes mistakes, and it's how they react that determines if they are worth repeat business. I've only done 1 custom job, and the vendor would not fix something, even though I was willing to pay for the fix.

lavatea

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, I'm finally getting around to posting these pics. From farther back the ring doesn't look much different, but it's much more pleasing to my eye now.

085small.jpg

086small.jpg

087small.jpg

lavatea

Brilliant_Rock
Last one guys. Thanks for all of the support on this. :wavey:

089small.jpg

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
So pretty! The other ring is gorgeous too!

lelser

Shiny_Rock
Trade

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
BTW - these two stones look wery well on your hand together. Very nice, delicate color combination.

I think the ring looks beautiful and the stone is gorgeous.

Good working ethics on behalf of Daniel M. Flops happen from time to time, but I think his behavior in this situation is model, and did not leave bad aftertaste. Especially in comparison to with what Arjunajane had to go through with her project, or Lovinggem had to go through with her demantoid that had been scratched in the process of making her ring. It is so sad to read that a vendor/jeweler became hostile to the client who was not happy with the project.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I'm glad it worked out well, and it looks beautiful. Going custom can be very stressful.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results