shape
carat
color
clarity

So Excited...Two Stones...Which one??? HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ready2AskHer

Rough_Rock
I'm down to two stones. I can't see much difference between the two. Which would you all choose!!! Help!!!!

Stone 2 is a solid E color while stone 1 is an F color. Stone 1 is a cleaner VS2 than Stone 2. Stone one has no easily loupe-visible inclusions, while stone two has a visible inclusion when looking at it upside down (through the pavillion).

Stone 1
HCA score of 1.1
GIA certified
laser inscribed
shape: Round
size: 0.90 carat
color: F
clarity: VS2
cut: Excellent
polish: VG
symmetry: VG
fluorescence: None
total depth: 61.8%
pavillion depth: 43.5%
pavillion angle: 41.0
crown angle: 33.5
crown height: 15%
table size: 55%
culet: very small
girdle: thin-slightlythick

Stone 2
HCA score of 0.7
GIA certified
laser inscribed
shape: Round
size: 0.90 carat
color: E
clarity: VS2
cut: VG
polish: VG
symmetry: VG
fluorescence: None
total depth: 61.6%
pavillion depth: 42.5%
pavillion angle: 40.4
crown angle: 35.0
crown height: 15%
table size: 57%
culet: none
girdle: medium-slightlythick

What would you choose?

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Stone 1. I like the 55 table and it''s a full moon. Otherwise, flip a coin. They are very close and should look very similar.

shay

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I personally prefer the stats of stone #1 over #2. Have you had a chance to view these two side by side? At this point, all we have are numbers and it is best to make a decision by viewing them side by side.

Small

Brilliant_Rock
I would choose stone #1 also...very close so I''m sure either will be fine but I like the table as Shay said on #1. Good luck!

Ready2AskHer

Rough_Rock
Why is 55 table better than 57, aren't they both ideal?

What is a full moon?

Does it not matter that stone one looses value for having a thin-slightly thick girdle -vs- stone two medium-slightly thick?

Does it not matter that stone one has a very small culet and stone two has none?

smappraisal

Rough_Rock
Hi,
Absolutely Stone #1. I like the strong VS2. After seeing thousands of diamonds in my career I actually prefer F color to E. The spectral colors from the dispersion of light show better I think. Given the choice, the 55 table is "more ideal" than the 57 table. Lastly, without seeing the diameter dimensions, I''m going to make a professional guesstimation that the min to max on this .90ct is averaging closer to 6.3mm than the E/VS2. Hope this helps.

Stephen Marino, GG
Professional Appraiser
Boston & vicinity

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
I just meant that because they are so close, if I had to choose it would be because of the 55 table (a little more fire) and a full moon (out tonight) actually I think it''s waning. HTH to clarify

shay

Small

Brilliant_Rock
The RB that I''m waiting for has a 57 table. I would have preferred a 55-56 table personally. That''s just my preference. If you like #2 then you should go with that one. You asked for our opinions and we gave them to you
1.gif

Good luck...I''m sure either one of them will be great!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results