shape
carat
color
clarity

SO EXCITED- RH gems!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I just got back from a special "ladies'' night" at a local jeweler (so much fun - we drank cocktails and made wishlists and had our pictures taken while we were blinged out), and right before we left, my friend said "HEY! I think I just heard someone say Richard Homer...isn''t he the gem cutter you were showing me on PS??!" Turns out, he''s going to be in town this Thursday-Saturday. I asked if there was still space and signed up a spot for me and one for my mom. I am SO EXCITED! They had a few of his stones there, so I finally got to see ''em in person (AMAZING!!!), but I''m really looking forward to seeing the more unique cuts as have been posted here.

But...I''m totally not in a financial place where I can afford to purchase any jewelry right now (newlywed, just moved, looking for a new job). So that''s a bummer - but STILL I''m really excited to see his work.

Anyway...I''ve never been to a gem roundtable before. Any comments, things to expect, etiquette I should know about (especially since I know going in that I can''t afford a gem right now)?

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I attended my first Richard Homer round table in October. Go, enjoy the jewels, and have a great time. Richard enjoys watching you get excited, which should be no problem for you at all! I also didn't make a purchase, and that was fine. You will learn a lot, and there is always next year!

ETA: Come back with lots of pictures, please!!!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
FlyGirl, thanks for replying! I just read over your thread again (seriously, I should bookmark it...I''ve shown it to so many people and love going back for eye candy). I hope Thurs. night is as much fun for me as it was for you! Sounds like such a wonderful time and I''m really looking forward to it (haha, I guess you could tell that in the initial post). I hope he brings some of those beautiful huge stones! I really want to see the nautilus (sp?) cut in person.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results