shape
carat
color
clarity

Sneak Peak- 8.5ct Ruby Ring!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
My Jeweler just sent the photos of my ring back to me. Overall I'm pleased. Not over the moon but pleased. Here is the inspiration thread. I wished they had done the clawed prongs. Also to me the diamond halo looks differnt on this ring then my inspiration shot from Amethyste's Ruby ring.

The jeweler also said the ruby is excellent, except for the clarity. You can definitely see the inclusions in this ring but to me that is much of it's charm. I can't believe i have to wait till Tuesday- a whole week- to see it in person!

EDIT: Ruby is 8.05ct not 8.5ct. Sorry I missed the "0."
diamonds are 1.05ctw and are colorless and VS quality

Top photo:

1234SarahRuby.jpg

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Profile Shot

image008SarahRuby.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
8.5 ct
23.gif
30.gif
Oh My I cannot wait to see that on your lovely finger Sara!... It is quite beautiful. Would you want your jeweler to change the prongs to claw or would you keep it as is for now?

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Side Shot. I love how the shank crosses over.

In this picture the ruby looks scratchs to me but my jeweler says it is just the camera flash

image009sarahRuby.jpg

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/27/2009 5:11:02 PM
Author: D&T
8.5 ct
23.gif
30.gif
Oh My I cannot wait to see that on your lovely finger Sara!... It is quite beautiful. Would you want your jeweler to change the prongs to claw or would you keep it as is for now?
Yes I did email them back to see if they could change the prongs to the claw prongs- I don't imagine this to be a problem. The pegs are fine, but I just think the claws look classier...perhaps that is a bad description word to use
40.gif

I also had them set my pink/purple spinel from Rick at ArtCutGems into a melee LOGR setting but they didn't send any pictures unfortunately. I hope they don't think I'm a pain because I'm going to send them a seperate email and ask for that as well.

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Wow that''s quite the rock. I like the ruby and the setting.

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
You are a lucky girl. Wait until you see the ring. They look nothing like those overblown photos IRL.
My ruby is much smaller, and has double claw prongs. Actually, the prongs are so small that I cannot even tell they are claws unless I get on my reading glasses.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now that is what I call a rock. Does it qualify for the term boulder?
31.gif
11.gif

DianaBanana

Shiny_Rock
Hi Sarah....it looks amazing!!! Pictures can really be deceiving, the prongs are probably quite tiny IRL. Looks like the jeweler did a great job on the pave!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

SB621

Ideal_Rock
The jewelry responded back and said they would change the prongs to claws and update me when it is done with pictures....i''m hoping they will look great!

GoodSoul

Brilliant_Rock
It looks great as it is already! Nicely done! Looking forward to your RL pictures and handshots of course
2.gif

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yummy
18.gif
Looks fantastic! The prong change is a good call for this ring. How are you going to hold your hand up with that big thing on??? lol

-A

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SB
That''s an impressive ring, and huge ruby.
6.gif
I can''t believe I missed your original collection thread. You have a lovely gemstone collection.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
thanks Arcadian! I emailed my jeweler yesterday and he said he would make the change for me! I have a smaller 2 ct oval ruby that I was going to set and my husband basically told me the same thing when I decided to set the 8.05ct into a ring instead. now the sad part is I have to sell the 2.0ct to help pay for this setting...oh well!
7.gif

Thanks TL for your compliments. I have been collecting gemstones for about 8 years but just got serious last year when we moved to Japan. It is much easier to find larger stones here- however the cutting is never as good as JW, DS, BB, or Gene unfortuantely. So I buy a little of everything!
27.gif

dancingflame

Shiny_Rock
Wow, what a ruby! Can''t wait for handshots!!!

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful, can''t wait to hear what you think of it in person---lots of pics!

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
What a looker that ring is!
3.gif
Where in the world will you wear something like that Sarahbear?!
30.gif
I think I''d try the pose where Jack sketches Rose from Titanic!
31.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks quite stunning. The side shot of the setting is very cool. Congrats!!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I just thought I would update the thread to show the new claw prongs. Now I only have to wait till Tuesday at 9:30am to pick up!

002clawsarah.jpg

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Awesome jeweller, lovely ring. Please post hand shots if you can.
12.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results