shape
carat
color
clarity

Smallest size for an asscher?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

callista

Rough_Rock
Hello Everyone!

Can they be made as small as .20 carat? I know a small table and big depth is important to get the right look, but will it still have the asscher look that small?

I''m looking for a diamond men''s wedding band with small asschers to match the asscher I''m planning on purchasing this coming year. The real process won''t begin until march, but thought I would put the question out there if anyone knew.
2.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/22/2005 5:27:32 AM
Author:callista

Can they be made as small as .20 carat?

Yes

I know a small table and big depth is important to get the right look, but will it still have the asscher look that small?

I am not so sure small table/big depth are so crucial at all, and even if they are the story might be different for the small stones. IMO, the better looking small squares are not deep, and have barely clipped corners. These small diamonds gain from being bright and flashy, because glitter (scintillation) is given not by a single stone but by a surface covered with many (or the line of an eternity band etc.) each stone providing one spark in the glitter at any given time. I've heard these from others too - even if it is a matter of taste, it is not just mine.

For example, see the eternity bands with square step cuts at Facets or Precision Set. Both brands seem to use the kind of specialty cut squares I've tried to describe above.

I'm looking for a diamond men's wedding band with small asschers to match the asscher I'm planning on purchasing this coming year.

Sounds like a sure fire recipe! Do you have any particular design in mind?

callista

Rough_Rock
Thanks Ana!

I just figured small asschers would have similar deth/table % measurements as the bigger ones.
emsmilep.gif

I''m going to chech out the bands on Facets and Precision Set.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Iv seen a few that size and you dont get the full effect, just too small but they can still look decent.
With these you arent going to get sarins so you will have to go by pictures or seeing it in person.
all the ones I looked at had biggish tables.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/22/2005 5:45:06 AM
Author: callista

Thanks Ana!

I'm going to chech out the bands on Facets and Precision Set.

Always forget about the Pricescope Gallery... for all the wrong reasons. Both Scassi and Facets have some examples of the square cut (small species) I was referring to.

This is it

The picture was too big to link here, it definitely shows the anatomy of those small stones! In theory, they look like squat=re baguettes, but there could be extra facets in there - I just do not know. Everywhere these are simply labeled 'square cut' - and that, they surely are that.

The eternity bands seem to have reasonably large diamonds. The men's bands have them at 10 pts or less which is a bit too little, IMO. I have not seen any this small that were not dull anywhere but in watches. Which also means the supply is there and these may be just as nice sparkling dots.

callista

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the feedback guys!

Gary: I''m looking for small asschers for a men''s wedding band. I found a couple of designs I was looking into in the forum topic: "which one do you like?" I figure I would need such small asschers for the band.

Ana: thanks again for the great insights you have! Now that I''ve seen the eternity band you posted, I''m really looking for that "asscher" look, so I might not get that with several small stones, but maybe with a single stone?

I just saw this band and thought, wow! They are so small, but look like asschers! Go figure! They may not even look like that!

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Callista,

I just saw this men''s band w/ asschers and thought I''d forward you the link...

http://www.dscaasi.com/wedding/forHim/pages/wed03C.asp

Good luck with your search!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results