shape
carat
color
clarity

smaller diamond pricing.. .05 to .10 stones

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bad_azz_bmr

Rough_Rock
I am just curious as to what i should expect to pay for 10, 8, or 5 point diamonds.. they would be of vs clarity... i am purchasing 3 10 point princesses and maybe 6-8 8 points or if they are to expensive i will have to go with 5 points in the brilliant cut.. i was quoted $195 canadian ($160 US) for the 10 point princess in a g/h color range... i would like the rounds to be in a better color range around e/f.. and where can i purchase stones like this online? everywhere i look they are all above the 20 point range.. sorry if i have made this a confusing post (to many ideas in my head) lol.. thank you for your help

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
There have been some posts about this ....also sources from which to purchase these items....someone who has that info will surely chime in, I hope!!!!

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
You can get an idea of what small stones might cost here

diamondsbylauren

Brilliant_Rock
I''d say both items sould be in the $1000 per carat range. So a.10 is $100, .05 is $50, .07 is $70 and so on.

Generally, if you want specific sizes it''s a special order- but there are online sellers that offer melee ( smaller sizes)

bad_azz_bmr

Rough_Rock
ok thanks guys, so the price of $160 for the princess cut is a little on the high side i guess.. she wanted $250can per stone intially which is about $210 US .. are brilliants a bit cheaper? or more expensive? thank you for your quick responses.. this site is great.

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Stones are a little more expensive in Canada because of the various taxes. Make sure you are comparing with similar stones from other Canadian dealers. Also, if you are buying from a storefront type dealer or a designer and you are asking them to select matching stones for your project you can expect them to charge a little extra for this added service. In general, this selections assistance is worth the extra money because the stones exactly fit their designs and there’s little opportunity to use a phrase like “… But you said they would work just fine.”

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ISA NAJA
Independent Appraisals in Denver

diamondsbylauren

Brilliant_Rock
Good Points Neil!
Stones are more expensive in Canada due top taxes, and also the exchange rate.

AS Neil ponts out, matching is critical in many different type of rings.

princess cuts in general are less expensive than round diamonds- although in these smaller sizes the prioces of princess and round are pretty much the same.

bad_azz_bmr

Rough_Rock
I e-mailed white flash for the small diamonds and they only sell them with there rings
7.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results