shape
carat
color
clarity

Small wedding wanted...(vent)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gls

Shiny_Rock
Small wedding aint going to get!
15.gif

Being from a greek family I wanted to buck the trend and have a (relatively) small wedding approx. 120-170people. After calculating close family in preparation for the engagement party my side has come in at 74 people
14.gif

Do you think that there is a way that I could not invite my cousins children to the reception? (they are multiplying by the bucketful!) Im scared it will come across as being rude, but it will greatly cut down numbers and costs (and parents would want a night off right?!?)
Its really getting me down, I''m lucky in the fact that my parents are pressuring me to invite family friends I havent seen since I was born. Im hoping f-mil is the same but we dont really get along
38.gif

HELP!!!

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
I think it''s your wedding and you can do whatever you want! We have about 100 people are our wedding - we didn''t invite any children or any family we hadn''t see in the last 5 years. Frankly - I could care less if they think it was rude!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I think as long as you draw the line in the same place on both sides you''ll be fine. (e.g. All aunts, uncles, and 1st cousins are invited, no 2nd cousins). We only invited aunts and uncles (I have 45 cousins total, almost all of whom are married with children) and we had no issues.

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
You have to draw lines and stick to them. For example, our wedding was looking like at least a hundred people. But then my mom and I made rules, no people that hadn''t met FI and me, no cousins, and we each got to invite two friends apiece. And presto, 30 person guest count. YAY

I will tell you that at first my mom was fairly averse to the idea, but once I told her how important it was to me, she started to wrap her mind around it, and now she''s a huge fan because it is going to save a lot of money, and be a lot more fun!

gls

Shiny_Rock
Thanks girls!
It makes it that much harder to invite people that havent really received the engagement news well and haven''t even met my fiance yet!
it just really gets me angry, no one can be happy for me
39.gif

Im starting to make sure that my fiance and I are happy and do what we want, kinda sick of living to other people''s expectations.
Sorry for the vent but I feel like Im more supported here then by the people around me
8.gif

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
I hear ya on that last statement. FI and I are having a very loooong engagement. We've been together almost 6 years now, engaged for 1 1/2 years of that, and I'm telling you, almost all of the people on my dad's side of the family have no clue who he is still- great family
14.gif
. I'd like to just not invite them, but, my parents are divorced and I don't want it to seem like I favor my mom's family (who just adores FI).

family politics
38.gif

good luck. I hope you can get things worked out. Stick to your 'rules,' that is, do what will ultimately make you and your FI happy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results