shape
carat
color
clarity

small rant and What do you think BF will get you for Christmas ?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

purselover

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/25/2009 6:27:48 PM
Author: purrfectpear
Gift idea for your guys (or you even) if he likes coffee. I just bought myself a Dolce-Gusto pod coffee machine and love it. Kuerig is also a great brand. They run around $100-$180. They''re fool proof, easy to use and taste better than Starbucks. Coffee in less than 60 seconds.
1.gif
Great idea, I have a Kuerig and can vouch that it is amazing!

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
I think he is getting me a digital camera.. I''m getting him loads of new clothes. He''s grown 2 inches in the last two years or so and a lot of his shirts are too short!

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
BF Gift update: I found out what "Something Awesome" is:

Turns out he wanted to get me a Roomba (!) because our vaccuum is kinda broken (missing a belt cog - still works but makes a burning smell
14.gif
).
He wants the house vaccuumed more often and thinks robots are exciting (so more a gift for him than me
20.gif
).

I told him to get one so try out and we''ll decide whether or not to keep it.
( I know christmas isn''t realy a try-before-you-buy holiday, but when it comes to expensive vacuuming robots...
34.gif
)
Every year his parents give us a fairly expensive gift, and we weren''t sure what to ask for this year, but the roomba would be perfect for that.

Tried out the roomba, it works reasonably, and navigates by bumping into things and then driving off in a different direction --> oddly entertaining.

But now I don''t know what he''ll get me (again)

A fancy coffemaker sounds interesting, but our apartment has a tiny kitchen and we''re not coffee drinkers. Do they sell just a milk steamer?

It will be a surprise!
21.gif

Erin

Ideal_Rock
It''s my fourth boyfriend in a row who is all about practicality. No purses, no jewelry, no trips, no spas, no perfume. He''ll probably get me a new vacuum cleaner or one of those fancy schmancy space heaters. Seriously. My vacuum works, but I''ve been irritated with it because the head brushes won''t spin every time. The space heater because my windows are drafty in this old house. Not to be a spoiled brat, but I''d be over the moon with a gift you can''t plug in.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Late here so sorry if this is a repeat of what someone else said--but what happens when you specifically tell a practical bf/dh that you do NOT want something practical, but something that you in fact want but don''t need. To take it a step further, what if you give specifics (jewelry, perfume, purse where to buy)?

My DH is also practical. He tries but he just can''t come up with something decent, and he ends up not doing much. I''m going to try to give him more hints this year. Not too specific b/c then I might as well go buy it myself but maybe if I give him specific categories..

MermaidKelly

Shiny_Rock
My BF gave me an early Christmas present today...a pair of BOOTS! I just thought it was funny because of what everyone was saying about practicality! It snowed today and he shows up with boots! (lol)
2.gif

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
What I was really hoping he would do is propose to me and have my ring be my present. He has been periodically asking me for gift ideas and I''ve been very noncommittal and saying, all I want is for him to spend Christmas with my family and me, which he is going to do. I have been avoiding giving him ideas because I thought that would encourage him to propose. I know he has ordered a ring, and must have it by now. But he just called me and wanted to make sure I really didn''t have any gift ideas for him. He said he has some ideas but wanted a little input from me if there was something I really wanted. Guess I will have to be a little more patient! I know the proposal is coming, and I want to let him do it when and how he wants.

UnderBlue

Shiny_Rock
We exchanged presents this morning since we''re going out of town this Friday until after the New Year. Gifts were a bit annoying this year becasue we''re going to be moving soon, so we didn''t want to get anything big we''d have to move or give away. I had the perfect present I wanted to get him if we had already moved. It''ll just have to wait until next year.

This year was one of those years where I couldn''t think of anything I wanted, so I signed up for Wishpot.com to keep that from happening again. Everything he got me were things I wasn''t thinking of but were perfect for me.

Within a month of Christmas are both of our birthdays and our anniversary, so all the gifts blur together in the end.

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/23/2009 11:01:39 PM
Author: lilyfoot
Um, we seem to have a problem with early gift shopping and giving.

My boyfriend already got me a sterling silver byzantine bracelet that I wanted (and gave it to me). Also, just today we ordered (2) 1/4ctw channel-set diamond bands (for my right hand). Those should be delivered in the beginning of December, and I will get to wear them as soon as they arrive. I know he's also getting me a perfume I want, and I don't know what else.

I'm a lucky girl, he spoils me. Luckily for him, I spoil him right back
2.gif
So that bracelet had to go back to the store .. nothing I could do would clean it correctly!
14.gif

The diamond bands we ordered ended up matching with the setting I picked out for my e-ring on Friday, so we returned one of those also (kept the other one as a future wedding band
9.gif
)

BF got me a Coach purse (posted in the Show Me Your Coach thread in Shopping), an ultrasonic jewelry cleaner and a netbook!!! He says he's still going to get me something to "open" on Christmas ..

Yes, we buy gifts together/give gifts way early, as I mentioned above.

ETA: If you don't have an ultrasonic jewelry cleaner, GO GET ONE. They're awesome!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results